Hey Veeky Forums, I'm looking for some books about people who didn't give a fuck...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm looking for some books about people who didn't give a fuck, and were violent and passionate about it. I'm trying to snap out of my sterile, boring, NEET life. Any recs?

>space streakings

bump

Underrated Japanese noise rock band.

Obvious rec here, read A Clockwork Orange and stop halfway through the book

Why stop halfway? Also how does it compare to the movie? No spoiler pls

you cannot tell how it is different from the movie without spoiling. Kubrick altered the ending

Ringolevio - Grogan

The Catcher in the Rye

Ok I started reading the amazon sample of the book and what the fuck are all these non-existant words. I can barely understand what's going on. Is that the point or am I missing something?

they're slang. you'll get used to them as fast as you got used to saying cuck, meme, daveposting, wizard, and, robot

Yeah but there's no google search that spoonfeeds me the definitions :/

you'll get used to it and embarrass yourself by using nadsat words in public like a nadsat

Are the words at all defined in the book or should I use the online glossary?

Does catcher in the rye fit your category?

I've skimmed through it and it seems really boring and dry. It's all him talking to his friends and being an angsty annoying piece of shit.

>I'm trying to snap out of my sterile, boring, NEET life
Surely sitting in your room reading a book about an edgelord and taking no action whatsoever will get you there

>Kubrick altered the ending
He didn't. He just used an American copy of the book instead of a British one. For whatever reason, the American edition didn't include the last chapter at these times. Therefore, Kubrick didn't alter the ending on purpose, he just used an abridged edition without knowing it. Nevertheless, A Clockwork Orange is the suggestion that came to my mind first, too.
Other recommendations might be:
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Trainspotting
On the road (kind of)
Fight Club
Houellebecq: Whatever (kind of)
Beigbeder: $9,99 (kind of)

I just read the first chapter of fear and loathing in las vegas and I really like it so far, and I'll definitely be picking it up. As for fight club and trainspotting, I've already watches the movies, so is there any value in reading the books? Are they different enough?

you should stop being retarded and learn from context.

Fight Club might help you
The book does have a different feel from the movie and a different ending

Le Stranger

Eat my ass, this shit is unreadable. 3 chapters in and I almost every single word is nadsat ffs. I'll watch the movie instead.

Isn't that what you were looking for? You'll probably get used to the slang and start liking it. It's not even that important honestly. I've watched the movie twice and the second time was 80% clearer and vivid and more interesting.

Yeah, it's a good idea to watch the movie and than read the book. I've only watched the movie, and I plan to read the book, because it'll probably be easier that way, and the book is same as the movie except the ending.

Also, I bet Clockwork Orange is like 50 times easier than Infinite Jest.

>didn't include the last chapter
ok now I'm gonna definitely read the book too.

i also recommend for fear and loathing in las vegas

gg allin. did not give a fuck but that was a downward spiral. inspirational but definitely not to be emulated

Blood Meridian

Wtf dude it's really not that hard. I'm basically retarded and had no trouble with that book. You could probably skip over every slang word entirely and still have a coherent narrative

>I'm trying to snap out of my sterile, boring, NEET life. Any recs?
and you wanna do this by what, reading books? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well I would do it by listening to music but my I haven't been allowed listened to any music for the past 4 months, and probably for the next 4 according to my doctor.

What? Why?

Hypersensitive ears. I have tinnitus now and I don't want it to get worse.