Websites for selling books?

Where's a good place where I can sell books pretty fast?

I need to weed out my collection. It ranges from shit like heritage press Faust, to calvin and hobbes, to shit paper backs like Robert Jordan and Stephen King.

Should I just throw this shit away? It seems like selling books will take forever online and I need to get rid of this stuff ASAP. Hoping you guys know some high activity sites where I can sell fast

You'll never sell used books fast. Unless they're amazing 1st edition books.

Don't you have a storage to save those? If not, don't throw them away. Give them to your local library.

Burn them.

When I quit video games I sold almost my entire collection on Glyde in like less than 2 weeks and it was amazing. They even send you the packaging pre-addressed in the mail.
I guess I was hoping for an experience similar to that even though I knew that video games probably sell more quickly than books.

How many books are you talking about? A lot of books stores will buy used stuff in bulk so they can turn around and sell them on Amazon. Just don't expect to get a lot for each individual book. They're always on the look out for people trying to offload a deceased relatives library so just post on ad on Craigslist or something.

I've been there. I was also a video game addict until I found literature.

Books are cheap for a reason user. We're the minority.

my local bookstore will take books and give me credit for more books. you can weed it out by buying something nice with the credit from many of your old and useless books.

It's probably around 50 books.

I just moved back home and when we were packing up my books it was horrifying. Just endless boxes of books, and a lot of it was shit I don't even want anymore, like Dostoevsky biographies or critical theory that I didn't realize was meant to be checked out of a library and then returned, not to sit on your shelf like some big pseud-badge.

And once I got home I realized I had even more crap from my childhood like funny paper anthologies and extensive stephen king and fantasy novels.

I live in Oklahoma so there's literally like only 1 bookstore in the entire state (not exaggerating) and it's not close to me.

You might be surprised at how far people are willing to travel for the right price. Ask for a dollar a book and see what happens.

Are you gay? I love having stacks of books everywhere. It gives me intellectual satisfaction.

>918 here BTW

Yeah it's cool but I'd rather have stacks of good books everywhere instead of some meme collection of essays about Zamyatin I bought because I checked it out of the uni library once and then thought it was indispensable because I was an inexperienced reader at the time.

I'm 918 too.
Do you know of any bookstores besides Gardner's in Tulsa?

Also when I said 50 books I meant that's how many I want to sell. In total I probably have around 400.

There's a really good one at 101st & Elm I believe in the same shipping center as GNC and hobby lobby.

There's also a new one that opened up last year, on Aspen I think. My mom bought me a German>English dictionary there for like $4

don't ever sell books, you'll regret it.

if you absolutely need to get rid of some, to make space or whatever, donate them to your local library or charity, or maybe even loan them to friends

>You'll never sell used books fast.

Not OP. Yeah, I'm learning this. I have mountains of books stored away. So many hundreds I have taken to stores but I'll get like only $20 for a large stack of books that will sell there for $20-30 each. Such a rippoff it's not worth it. So I realize online is the answer if I want to make anything, but as you say, it's so time-consuming and a hassle.

What would make me regret selling books but not regret donating them

Not that user.

I think I know what he means. If you donate it to a library or school, at least your gift is enriching the local community.

With selling for so low, however, it just feels like a bad deal because, well, it is. If you are going to sell them, sell them at least for somewhat closer to their value. Don't just help some random business make a profit off of you.

It's not really a rip off because it's hard to sell books as it is, let alone used books which is a very saturated market. Storage costs money and then you have to go through every single book and write descriptions for them so you can post them on Amazon. Then if it actually sells you have to go through the effort of digging it out of storage and shipping it off all for a measly 4 or 5 dollars.

4-5 dollars per book would actually be worth it.

Don't most used books sell for like less than a dollar on Amazon?

I went to Half Price Books and they bought my box full of books at the counter.

Yeah it's not a bad way to make some money so long as you can get some books very cheaply. A lot of books will never sell and they'll take up storage space so you have to factor that in when you buy books in bulk. If I were paying a dollar a book and trying to sell them on Amazon I wouldn't make any money in the end.

People used to be able to list them for one cent and make their money of the shipping but Amazon recently put a stop to that somehow. I've haven't sold on Amazon for a while so I don't know what they did.