Anyone else here a hamalton fan

anyone else here a hamalton fan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrsmUzqweBI
youtube.com/watch?v=ReTP6x_sDiM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)
youtube.com/watch?v=wOKd5B17-EM
youtube.com/watch?v=2wwZ814rSIA
youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZAgfR_Ck0
youtube.com/watch?v=k-qQR79SXmE
youtube.com/watch?v=metdOn9BxXM
youtube.com/watch?v=Rxd77KQGO4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5jdZuWrrUiM
youtube.com/watch?v=LS4qh8UxApM
youtube.com/watch?v=0S8_x-qOCBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

I hate Americans and musicals

I hope you realize that Hamilton is propaganda and you're being brainwashed.

wtf I love central banks now

I like it! There are some catchy tunes.

This.

I like the part where both Hamilton and Lafayette are described as immigrants by the homosexual, Puerto Rican guy.

>moves from british territory to british territory
>le hamilton is an immigrant just like my illiterate grandma hyuck hyuck

Lafayette wasn't really an immigrant. He specifically came from France to America to fight the British, then he went back to France.

i hate musicals but i still liked hamilton.
the music is extremely good and the story's pretty cool especially for someone who doesn't know shit about american history because i'm not american

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. All of them are really good.

So how does the School of Resentment aka School of Presentism reconcile Hamilton's definite dealings with the sale of black slaves?

hamilton never owned slaves

There's proof that he did own slaves and that he sold slaves. For example, in 1796, in his expense log, it says he purchased "2 negroid servants" for himself at the cost of $250. In 1784, he sold a slave to a physician Malachi Treat.

Was Eliza, her dear wife, okay with this?!

His wife's family were very powerful slaveholders, so I'd think so. Hamilton was partly trading slaves on their behest.

Did Aaron Burr, my lovely husbando, also owned slaves?

>epic rap battles of history for old middle class white people
Michelle Obama calling this the greatest piece of art ever produced was the nadir of American politics

I wouldn't call it "the greatest piece of art ever produced" but it is really good. The majority of the fans are in their twenties too so i wouldn't call it "ERB for old middle class people". The time I went to watch the show 95% of the audience were young.

1776 was better

It's really weird to watch something written to stir up racial hatred against me. Even weirder to see other white people supporting it.

Yes, it's great.

I hate normies, but I actually like everything I've heard from this soundtrack.

It's good in the same way top 40 pop songs are tbqh

I'm really of even temperate when it comes to hoisting up minorities in society, but shit like this makes me want to scream I HATE NIGGER FAGGOTS until my throat is bloody. It's just so purposefully annoying.

They don't even talk about racism in any of the songs.The only people they talk shit about in the show are the British.

*temperance

>They don't even talk about racism in any of the songs
>la fayette is an immigrant
lol

I hate it when different races play white characters too, but if you can get past that, Hamilton is one of the greatest shows of all time. The music is perfect and the actors are good even though most of them are black.

But they never said anything against immigrants, so it's not racism.

It's a play about a sympathetic army of black people fighting and winning a revolutionary war against tyrannical white people...

went to see it with my family
now my sister won't stop singing the soundtrack,but yeah it's good

/pol/, pls...

It's shareblue.

I actually thought the soundtrack sucked but I haven't seen the show in person. From what I've heard it does a terrible job of representing 18th century politics and culture.

>musicals

If youre secretly asking me if I'm gay the answer is no

oh fuck you faglord
this is not literature
go eat a fat chode

Neither was an immigrant

Incredibly weird to see a mediocre blending of genres as "ground-breaking". Downright heartbreaking to see a crucial period of history distorted to accomplish the opposite of the Founding Fathers' wishes. Appreciation of Hamilton is just another tool that helps me write off people who aren't worthwhile because they don't get it.

>edgy hipster kids pretending to be smart and knowledgeable in history because they don't wanna like and enjoy something that's popular and is liked by people they hate, even though they'd enjoy it as well if given the chance
Enjoy never being happy for the rest of your lives, children.
Fuck normies and everything they like, amirite? haha

I am knowledgeable in history. That's why Hamilton is an aberration. I listen to some good top 40 hits every now and then because they're legitimately good songs. There's nothing wrong with popular stuff unless it encourages rampant degeneracy, and that's what Hamilton does.

Hamilton takes everything beautiful about the founding of America, the art of theater, and liberalism and twists it into trite racial propaganda for consumption by the doting masses. The fact that it's popular only doesn't make it flawed on its own, but rather exacerbates the severity of them.

>Hamilton takes everything beautiful about the founding of America, the art of theater, and liberalism and twists it into trite racial propaganda for consumption by the doting masses.
But that's just wrong. Have you seen the show?

>that's just wrong
Not an argument.

>b-b-but muh revolution in theater!!!111
Dude I can't wait next breakthrough: EDM-based Broadway starring only transgendered half black half Thai ladyboys. That will be fucking INTENSE.

>b-b-but they acted and performed well!!!111
It's a shame their talent was wasted on such garbage, modern minstrel shows aimed at a narcissistic and parasitic bourgeois. There's no amount of money that will purge the guilt from all involved.

-- -- -- -- --

Hamilton takes the historical record and mutilates it. The play takes great pain to distort every every major character in order to cram the liberal ideology du jour into the storytelling, which in itself is no better than even the worst of a JK Rowling novel of simple good vs. evil tropes but recast with racial undertones. Did you know that Alexander Hamilton bought and sold slaves after marrying a slave plantation heiress and was fundamental in instituting strict immigration standards during the founding days of the Republic? You would have never guessed after listening to the progressive half-black Hamilton who subconsciously implores you during the performance to apologize for your "white guilt". I wouldn't even have such a strong reaction towards Hamilton had I not realized how powerful of a hypnosis it cast on people who should know better.

There's nothing non-degenerate about the polished turd that is the play Hamilton, and I will always use it as a litmus test for people who are not worth my time. You know that dead sitcom gag where the flowery theater teacher tries to get bored high schoolers interested in Shakespeare by putting on a modern day, hip hop version of Romeo and Juliet? That's exactly what Hamilton always reminds me of. Neutered progressive pandering to the lowest common denominator in the most trashy and gimmicky way possible. It's packaging something complicated into a cute, mass consumable product that will make you feel smart and moral without having to do any heavy lifting. It's dumbing down ideas so that they'll fit on your smartphone right next to your Frank Ocean albums and Twitter app. It's shitty history, shitty theater, shitty politics, and shitty rap music. Fuck clipping. Fuck New York City. Fuck "people of color."

Go away /pol/

>Go away /pol/
Not an argument. I don't browse /pol/.

you can see the mad raging edgy white supremacy fumes coming out of this post

>Hamilton who subconsciously implores you during the performance to apologize for your "white guilt".
All the characters they play as, good or bad, were white. Most of the actors were non-white, yes, but they never portrayed the white characters as bad guys. Hell, even Aaron Burr, who was historically a "villain" and was WHITE, was performed as a good guy in the show. The creator of the show even said he feels sorry for Burr and doesn't deserve the hate he's been getting historically, and guess what, Burr was pure WHITE.

>You know that dead sitcom gag where the flowery theater teacher tries to get bored high schoolers interested in Shakespeare by putting on a modern day, hip hop version of Romeo and Juliet?
So you've never seen the show. Got it.

i hope i'm being trolled, on Veeky Forums of all boards

>pop music
*chuckles* N- no.

>you can see the mad raging edgy white supremacy fumes coming out of this post
This is the reason why Trump won. I'm not a fucking white supremacist. I'm not even fucking white. I just can't stand all of this corporate progressivism being pushed on all white people because we somehow have some form of original sin.

If that makes me a racist, then so be it, but it always contributes to this paternalistic garbage. I'd like to believe that I earned something on my own merits, not because my mom fucked a Cuban and that suddenly means that I must be coddled and sheltered as a precious person of color or else face retribution. I'm not going to stand for degenerate art like Hamilton.

>All the characters they play as, good or bad, were white. Most of the actors were non-white, yes, but they never portrayed the white characters as bad guys. Hell, even Aaron Burr, who was historically a "villain" and was WHITE, was performed as a good guy in the show.

That's a great mental gymnastics routine that I'll be make sure to employ when I star the next Malcolm X biopic with only white people, starring Dolph Lundgren as Malcolm X and the dumbest, darkest, and ugliest nigger I can find as Elijah Muhammad. I'm sure that'll drive the point home.

>The creator of the show even said he feels sorry for Burr and doesn't deserve the hate he's been getting historically, and guess what, Burr was pure WHITE.

You're naive if you don't believe the casting for Burr was intentional. Use some critical thinking skills.

>So you've never seen the show. Got it.

Not live, but I have both seen a recording and listened to the album. Maybe there's some special sauce that I've missed out by not being there live. But I imagine I'd feel even worse from the experience, getting swindled out of thousands of hard-earned cash only to be surrounded by pretentious, vapid faggots who eat this white guilt shit up.

Bump
Go go boys, keep on the discussion. Wanna know if Hamilton it's really propagandistic or just has some elements of this while being not that political aimed, care to explain? Is it just the slave subtheme or is it more? Is it white guilty a thing in this musical? What you being by liberal?

This, Popular Music is not Veeky Forums, the patrician choice is Classical.

Its def worthy of the criticisms in this thread,
but the song Uptown is excellent.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrsmUzqweBI

Mad user right here. I'll admit that there are decent bits here and there. The people worked very hard to make sure it was polished. I'm still of the opinion that the entire spirit of this Frankenstein project, however, is corrupted beyond repair. Poach a few singles by torrent, but that's it.

This, you can pirate the original production easy enough, and the romantic aspects are quite good at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=ReTP6x_sDiM

This is pretty good too.

Wait For It's my favorite, and Burr's my favorite character because I can easily relate to him. Hamilton is literally the normie chad that would bully you in high school.

No, white guilty isn't a thing in this musical. As I said earlier, they praise real life historical white people in the musical.
Black actors may be playing those white people but other than that they don't say anything bad about white people in the entire show.

Objectively, it's an average musical. I was brainwashed by it when it first came out, but I began to read about what the central bank really was and I realised what a cheap piece of propaganda it was
Also, the niggers were more tolerable than the guy who played Hamilton
i still listen to some of its songs

that's what i like to call the "how do you know you don't like to eat dogshit" fallacy.

black people playing slave owners omg so diverse and progressive! it is sickeningly twee and bland Empire propaganda for braindead progs who unironically think hillary is Wonder Woman/Beyonce and not just another reptoid oligarch bloodsucker

>black people playing slave owners
Actually that was a thing, just not in American land. (I got your point btw)

>just not in American land
Actually, there were multiple in America.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

this is unbelievably shitty. Sounds like a disney musical touched up with corny pseudo R&B/Hip Hop from ten years ago.

>R&B/Hip Hop
That's where music ends.

>Watch production of Hamlet
>Nobody in costume
>Scene consists of car in the middle of the stage
>They kept swapping out the entire cast every act
>Some actors were barely able to pronounce their lines
I don't get musicals

I've grown to despise American liberal culture more than anything in the world. The inescapable hegemony of it all, the condescension, the insufferable smugness, that gay NPR voice (you know which one), the tweeness, the insistence the product is 'good for you', YAS KWEEN, the implied market politics, forced 'diversity'...

The American liberal classes are definitely responsible for some of the worst affronts to Art in human history.

The music is bad everyone ITT needs taste.

I would rather stare at a blank wall for three hours than watch a musical.

I like showtunes and I enjoy being in musicals and I occasionally enjoy a musical, but nothing about my experience of this cultural phenomenon has made me want to listen to its soundtrack or see the show or get to know anyone who wants to be in a production of it. Every time someone on Veeky Forums says something positive about it, they use too many exclamation points or are too emphatic--it's either paid shilling or trolling or people who have serious mental issues suggesting it to me.

>You don't like this?
>You're such a tryhard!
Fuck, I hate culture. I just want to read sci-fi and watch The Simpsons and smoke weed and listen to Wagner.

youtube.com/watch?v=wOKd5B17-EM

hamalton had garbage songs and style. bbook of mormon was better

same and Im not even American. only ones I hate more are libertarians,anarchists and other groups who think their unworkable concepts are the solution

some of them are really good.

I'm American and I know this is a part of who I am and it pains me more than tfw no gf.
There's a section in a Nick Land or Moldbug essay where the author talks about stereotypes of Americans from pre-WW1 times, back when we were a backwater. They used to call Americans 'Johnathan' like nowadays people call Germans 'Fritz' as a way of personifying them. 'Johnathan' was an opportunistic profiteer who would smile in your face and talk about metaphysical things while selling you snake oil, trusting you not to call him out for being a profiteer and a scoundrel, prepared to run away if you did and try his scam elsewhere.
Of course, it's still true today, but there are other better words for the attitude in the 21st century. The 19th century European imperial world order is a thing of the past, but Americans have replaced it with the dominion of Johnathan. I wish I could apologize on behalf of Americans but I can't. I can only apologize to you in advance in case you're a foreigner whom I wrong willfully and for profit and then attempt to reconcile myself with the Absolute when I feel bad about it.

probably this. I have seen music both transformed and destroyed, depending on the cast but I don't think any cast could save hamalton

is 250 a good price?

Human life is priceless.
These guys are such a Daily Shoah ripoff, I can't stand it (not that the Shoah is any good, either). Not that they're wrong about the musical.

>I'm American and I know this is a part of who I am and it pains me more than tfw no gf.
Don't feel bad bro, just because I dislike the self destructive part of American does not mean I dislike it all.
>I wish I could apologize on behalf of Americans but I can't.
Don't be that faggot, seriously. I went to my countries McDonald's review page and it was full of faggots apologizing to my countryman for profaning my country with a McDonald's.
>apologize to you in advance
There is really no need. I don't hate Germany despite their war bullshit having effected my wealth and number of relatives. only time a citizen should feel a personal responsibility is during the election(make sure to vote and that the one you picked does as promised, that is the only thing anyone can ask of you)

Daily Shoah didn't invent the concept of guys talking into a microphone.

Did I say that they did, Chapo fanboy?

so should we post good musicals or is this thread dead?

May as well.
Evita
Pippin
Some parts of Rent are all right

>listing any musicals
>Rent
go back to this board is under the watchful care of the junior antisex league

Repo
youtube.com/watch?v=2wwZ814rSIA
The Prince of Egypt
youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q
Phantom of the Opera
youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZAgfR_Ck0
The Book of Mormon
youtube.com/watch?v=k-qQR79SXmE
count of monte cristo
youtube.com/watch?v=metdOn9BxXM
Jekyll & Hyde
youtube.com/watch?v=Rxd77KQGO4Y

normies gtfo RHEEEEEEE

I like Jacques Demy's films
youtube.com/watch?v=5jdZuWrrUiM

>just because I dislike the self destructive part of American does not mean I dislike it all.
I actually misread your post and thought you were talking about ALL American culture so my whole response was kind of wrongheaded.

nice. The subs are bit off but I like Russian notre dame de paris
youtube.com/watch?v=LS4qh8UxApM

Is this overrated, normie shit, or is it actually good?

You want something that's actually good?
Try Hamilton

Jesus. First, why do you find it necessary to say "nigger?" Hamilton is a fantastic piece of theatre that simultaneously revises American myths to fit the present day USA (you see a similar process going on in Lincoln in the Bardo and Underground Railroad)...it celebrates freedom, liberty, all those good American values while reframing 1776 as an immigrant story. What's wrong with that? And honestly, the biggest flaw is that it doesn't delve deep enough into the slavery aspect. Washington and Jefferson get off mighty easily if you ask me. Not really sure where your anger is coming from. And if you're the same user that also disregarded Frank Ocean, you're even more of a blistering crypto-racist fool. It's good art.

youtube.com/watch?v=0S8_x-qOCBI

niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger

>just your usual /pol/ edgelord

The best part of using Hamilton for a pro-immigration fag spectacle is that Hamilton himself opposed immigration to the U.S. Not that the drooling morons who watch the fag spectacle know that or care.

This is a board for books you stupid faggot

>if you don't like Frank Ocean, you're secretly a racist!!!
Please.

There's some insight to be gained about the audience of this show, which broadly represents a wealthy American class (and includes republicans and democrats alike), that wants to "reclaim" the mythos around America's founding fathers, somehow, by making them PoC who do intellectual hip-hop. But I'm not sure what it is.

weird how none of the people here get why it was black-casted, lmao