Vodka drinking

I am a Scotch drinker, and I want to try getting into Vodka.
What is the best way to drink it? Cold with ice, cold without ice, room temperature..?
And what's the best type of Vodka?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakuski
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't try to make vodka fancy.
It's a workman's drink and should be treated as such. Being pretentious about it just makes you look silly.

Titos vodka is pretty great. I'll typically mix it with tonic water or ginger ale.

this shit is pretty good for sipping

>What is the best way to drink it?
Straight from the bottle, chase with water

It does not need to be. I drink good Scotch, but I also enjoy 'rude' things. Every day, before going to work, I have my coffee with cheap scotch (J&B usually). We call this a 'cigaló' in my land.
I heard of it before. I will look into buying a bottle.
I prefer drinking straight, or slightly watered down if anything. But the one with tonic water could be fine. I imagine it tastes like a lighter gin and tonic.
Cold?

>cold?
Preferably in your underwear while you think about what went wrong in your life
That's how I drink anyway

Drink it straight out of a shot glass then chase with soda or fruit juice (I find fruit juice works better, soda can make me feel sick if I drink too much combined with alcohol). Once you're drunk enough you can forget about the chaser. It tastes best if kept in the fridge or freezer. Don't try to sip it or savour the taste, if that's what you want to do then vodka's not for you.

t. spent the past 6 months in Russia

When I was in Russia they would serve 1 chilled shot in a glass like pic related with lunch and dinner. Don't really drink vodka but I believe that was a traditional way to serve it

here in Poland it's always consumed chilled as shots, either accompanying a suitable meal or just as a way to get smashed

I feel like zakuski are better than chasers, especially if you're drinking good vodka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zakuski

Try infusing vodka. It takes no effort.
I do a star anise and clementine infusion. It's absolutly delicious.

get this stuff, best for quality to value

Loling at the idea of purposely ingesting literal poison.

Fuck off Jordan

I drink a chaser to get the alcohol taste out of my mouth. Zakuski are much worse for that. As far as I'm aware zakuski are unnecessary as long as you never drink on an empty stomach.

It is true that alcohol is for degenerates. but still, you can fuck off, Jordan.

Who is this semen demon?

Patrician taste my baseball american

basketball

drink it with juice. "Fancy" vodka is a marketing fad

this is THE exception but to be honest, it's vodka with buffalo grass

Never gotten drunk with friends? Never been invited to a party? Sad.

>store vodka in freezer
>when preparing a drink fill pint glass to the top with ice
>fill half of glass with vodka
>other half with V8 Splash Fruit Medley
>mix

Wala
Also, best kind of vodka doesn't matter using this method because it all tastes like alcohol and juice. Except Potters. Don't drink that shit

Yeee boiii
I've done this with baking spices for apple pie with gala apples and it turned into fireball with no sugar. My friends have seemed to enjoyed it.

I like to just drink vodka like a shot like the Russian pics in the thread, preferably with some food.

Honestly my favorite drink is vodka straight. The ones i personally find most palatable at reasonable price points

Beluga Gold
Russian Standard Imperia
Stolichnaya Elit

in this order

fpbp

Premium vodka is not worth it in my experience - as long as its not the cheapest, nastiest moonshine you should be fine.

I prefer green mark myself.

Hahaha Americans and Canadians get the shitty flavored vodka version.

If it has Zu written on the cap or on the label then its the flavored version

I mean, they're both flavored, the Zu version just isn't falvored with bison grass

>I am a Scotch drinker, and I want to try getting into Vodka.

why?

Firstly, thisSecond, just get a quality bottle and experiment. I found myself liking it as shooters, or with chasers, or mixed with red bull. Ice cold for all of those, simply stick bottle in freezer until needed.

Russian Standard Platinum is notably superior to regular Russian Standard, imo, and only costs about 10% more.

You have a market full of producers trying to sell a substance that's preferably as flavorless and odorless as possible. A large number don't even distill the vodka themselves. They buy the alcohol from an industrial distiller, water it down, filter it a few times and slap a fancy label on it. You're paying for the marketing more than anything else. I'm not saying don't drink vodka or that Popov is as good as anything else. Just keep in mind scotch and vodka are two different worlds

if you drink vodka properly, it clears out your sinuses and makes you taste things much more vividly. Zakuski are plenty to get rid of any negative taste from a mid-tier or higher vodka. If you need acid to clear the taste from your mouth, you shouldn't be drinking that vodka in the first place, or if you do, you shouldn't be talking about it on a culinary board, since that's more medicine than food at that point.