In terms of taste, what's the difference between whisky, rum, vodka, and other types of liquor?

In terms of taste, what's the difference between whisky, rum, vodka, and other types of liquor?

They taste different. Try tasting them.

Whiskey is made from grains. It's usually heavily flavored by the barrels it ages in.
Rum is sugarcane, can be sweet, has maple/vanilla flavors, can be spiced.
Vodka is from potatoes, mostly flavorless in comparison to other spirits.

Then what's the point of drinking vodka?

Getting drunk

I was surprised to learn how sweet hard alcohol is.

To shoot flavorless drunk juice, or add flavorless drunk juice to your favorite mixer.

One could argue to not over power the other flavors in a mixed drink but you're basically right

I never saw the point, but I guess the idea of a spirit that tastes as clean as possible - where really all you taste is the alcohol - appeals to some folks.

That depends on what drink you pick. If you pick some degenerate cocktail, or a shitty Amerigoblin "liquor", then yes, those are sweet.

Drink only European spirits, please.

It does have some flavor, just not nearly as much as other spirits. Anyways,

GOD TIER
Tequila

HIGH TIER
Gin
Scotch

MID TIER
Bourbon
Vodka

LOW TIER
Brandy

SHIT TIER
Rum
Flavored shit like fireball and triple sec.

Most vodka is from grain, not potatoes

Potato vodka is a thing though

>please look at my post with an attractive female
Alright buddy. Here's a (You). Now don't spend it all in one place

>reading comprehension

Wow is your list ever fucked. Assuming we are talking about quality liquor.

GOD TIER:
Bourbon
Scotch
That Wisconsin-made Hmong Whiskey

High Tier:
Tequila/Mescal
Cloudy Sake
Buffalo-Grass Liquor

Mid Tier:
Kirchwasser
Vodka
Plum Brandy

Low Tier:
Caribbean Aged Rum
Plain Whiskey

Shit Tier:
Orzo
Whatever Else

Nothing. They all icky

>cloudy sake

what are filters you mong

Whisky: distilled rye ferment, put in contact with wood minimum 6 months
Rum: distilled sugar cane ferment, colored with caramel, put in contact with wood minimum 3 month
Vodka: distilled wheat (mostly) ferment, neat
Other liquors: fruit peels and pits, wheat alcohol distilled with juniper, the former but with sugar and/or juices added

Make your own conclusions about difference in taste

you can add shōchū to high tier

> drinking tequila

>Whisky
Really depends on the whisky. It's very differnet from other liquors,too. Most important point is probably the taste when you buy a bottle
>Rum
Don't have much experience with that. Seems a bit sweeter but still kinda strong. I guess it's ok.
>Vodka
Either tasteless or tastes like cleaning detergents. It's alright compared to most of the other shit that's served.

There is too much alcohol to cover all drinks. Just try stuff. It depends on personal preference.

>Most important point is probably the taste

Fuck, did I hit a Veeky Forums meme ?

Vodka is a mixers friend, you can do pretty much anything with it. Versatile, cheap, and yes it gets you drunk.

This one guy told me he doesn't like whiskey because it's too sweet. Is he retarded or am I retarded?

Some whiskys are sweet and some aren't

He is probably a Jack Daniel's-drinking Amerigoblin that never had a proper Scotch.