Need to make "oreo icing" for a cake, basically just white icing with oreo cookies crushed into it...

Need to make "oreo icing" for a cake, basically just white icing with oreo cookies crushed into it. My problem is im not sure what kind of icing to use as a base to make taste similar to oreo creme filling. Cream cheese icing wouldn't taste right, but I want something thick like that, pls help.

Just mix confectioners sugar and butter in equal parts in a bowl and add some food coloring to suit.

crisco

Make a set buttercream icing. If you want to lessen the butter taste you could probaly substitude some of the butter for clotted cream instead (I can't guarantee that'd work but it seems it would).

That would certainly be the thickness im looking for, but im not sure it would taste very close. Maybe add a tiny bit of vanilla?

Found a couple crisco icing recipes, how does it taste compared to a regular buttercream?

i actually recommend you do do cream cheese frosting but add almond extract instead of vanilla

its basically just crisco and sugar

it's always been some of my favorite. I never use a recipe though. it's just crisco, powder sugar, vanilla and milk. it's only a small amount of milk to make it easy to spread. so if you want it closer to oreo, just don't add as much milk. it's a lot better than oreo filling though. buttercream doesn't taste like oreo filling so I'd go with shortening

Shortening, granulated sugar, icing/powdered/confectioners sugar and a little hot water.

My teeth hurt just thinking about that

Cream cheese wouldn't work. The consistency is all wrong, as is that tangy flavor.

I'm no baker, but what about a frosting made of coconut cream, vanilla extract, and confectioner's sugar?

What I do at work for our oreo cakes is whip cream/non-dairy whip topping and ground up oreoes. Just put the oreoes in a food processor and grind them for ~30 sec. It's a little less white and a bit more grey.

Sounds very good, ill keep it in mind for something else.

Im lookin for something thicker, closer to the creme filling of the cookie itself

best oreo

Is that a real product? Americans are garbage people

>oreo

Just toss them on the floor and eat them from there.

was waiting for you to post that you absolute faggot