IBS Breakfasts

I'm really struggling to find foods I can eat in the morning for breakfast, since my IBS is so poor. Any fellow sufferers have suggestions?

Spicy/oily is out. I love hash browns but I can't seem to cook them properly without oil, which inevitably ends in disaster.

Have you tried smoothies? I have a sensitive stomach and usually just do some vegetarian protein with milled flax, mct oil, and some freeze dried veggie shit

Poached eggs

Banana toast egg

What type of vegetarian protein do you use? I have heard of ibs smoothies but have been afraid to try it.
I like poached eggs but eggs in general tend to bother me.
Do you have a recipe? You don't just mean french toast right? I can't see french toast filling me up until lunch.

IBS means doctors cannot find anything wrong for you. Like fibromyalgia it just means you are (or want to be in the case of malingerers) abusing drugs/alcohol and/or they cannot find anything wrong with you.

thanks web-md for telling us what literally every person with ibs knows

it's not like every person has gone through years of waiting and several doctors first, for you to come along this thread and enlighten all of us

truly appreciated

Oatmeal.

Except when it turns out they actually have undiagnosed full blown inflammatory bowel disease a couple years later when the blood and scar tissue starts showing up in the toilet (though even then doctors will at first brush that off as hemorrhoids until you're spending most of your day with blood filled diarrhea pouring out of your ass).

Ok yeah but if you had observable symptoms like blood and scar tissue you wouldn't be IBS, they would be able to run tests and determine what was causing it. I suspect a lot of these people are overweight, abuse substances, and/or malinger for drugs/attention from doctors. Or they could just have an eating disorder and use IBS as a justification to avoid eating.

Have you been checked for Celiac Disease? A lot of times doctors will misdiagnose it as IBS.

You got worms.

Gnc brand, the shit from Costco. Really any of them. Whey is too heavy on my stomach

I love the taste of oatmeal but I cannot stomach that awful texture. I know I'm weird but it's like I'm eating prechewed food, and that's just too much.
Thanks captain obvious.
Whey is too heavy on mine too, I will check that out. Thanks.
I'm trying yet another gastroenterologist in two weeks so I'm sure I'll be rechecked for everything for them to find nothing, as usual.

Low FODMAP diet

I've tried that, but a TON of the "safe" low fodmap foods are stuff that I can't eat safely, like a lot of fruits, and those diets always recommend garbage that would just fucking kill me, like ham and shit.

How are you preparing your oatmeal? If done right it is creamy with a nice texture.

Eat the shit out of a healthy man's asshole in order to re-establish proper gut flora.

Wouldn't it be better to go ass to ass?

Pretty much, yeah. People unironically get "fecal transplants" where someone else's shit is stuck up your ass to give you their bacterial colonies or something.

Baby koala bear is the way to go. it's like stem cell therapy but better

Ever think you have jardia i cant spell it but its a parasite that can cause ibs

>Baby koala bear is the way to go
wat

All jokes aside I have read about a guy who worked with his doctor to kill all his natural flora and have it replaced. I would honestly do it if it would cure me.
Never heard of it, but I will look into it. Thanks.

Full English breakfast seems to work a treat on my
un-evolved, retard guts.

So far banana, oatmeal, and yogurt have been my safe foods.

I'm 7 years going now since I've developed IBS, started in 2010. It was fucking brutal and first and I had to completely give up on eating at restaurants. but I've learned how to handle things

I wish they could figure it out. I've had blood tests, Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Diet changes, exercise, weight loss. the only things I haven't properly handled is my stress, but I think this is just how things are gonna be for me from now on or until something changes. I miss enjoying a nice meal with my family at a restaurants without dwelling on the fucking toliet.

Lucky you. A full english breakfast would just run a train on mine.

))((
You poop into my butt hole and I poop into your butt hole
back and forth
forever

baby koala bears eat poop right from the source

OP have you tried grits. I have IBD and love grits. maybe have some peanut butter toast with it too
Have you tried cutting dairy out of your diet?

>Low FODMAP diet
You should still use it as a guide when making choices of this vs that.
My routine:
Bedtime: take it easy on dairy, carbs and starches.Take it easy on excessive portion sizes. No salad, but some cooked veg is just fine. Basic meat and potatoes or meat and rice usually does okay by the time you do the morning routine. Bedtime is where you hydrate a glass or two of water, because you'll do very little gorging on water before lunch.

Morning: Roll out of bed. Have a nexium with sip of water or iced tea. Chew a gummi multivitamin for hair/skin/nails, a calcium gummi, an omega/joint care pill and a vit D chewable.
Down those pills with bites of ripe banana, while I either pour my cold brew coffee over ice (Stok), minimal sugar and half&half, or steep some irish breakfast tea on a bad day. I will have a nature valley granola bar each morning and have no issues til lunch. This is lazy man's oatmeal, as long as you do the breadlike ones or the regular ones, no added protein (it's soy usually nor cheap peanuts or peanut butter which is also a legume). I'll pour a thermos for the second caffeine serving to sip til lunch. I will pack a lunch of a chicken salad sandwich or low fiber nutty crackers (wasa) and some basic egg salad (mashed hard boiled, basic sprinkle of mayo, salt, pepper, chive or dill. I might buy either from Publix in a pinch. If you need variety, slice a single tomato, mini cucumber, or handful of arugula on top to mix up the variety, can even curry powder the salad. Simple sliced roast turkey, avocado and pumpernickel doesn't bother me. I can make it through a day at work. Pack an imodium blisterpack on your person or in your desk. Consider a chewable calcium+anti-gas as a secondary backup measure.

No's no's= orange juice, dairy, high fiber toast, cheese, bagels w/cream cheese, fried or scrambled eggs (though I can do a couple Tbsps of egg salad), and like you discovered really greasy stuff.

Actually no I haven't. Have any good recipes? Also dairy is completely out of my diet, except like the rare time I'll have a single slice on a sandwich.
My ibs is different then yours as nexium/imodium does nothing for me and I've had to stop drinking coffee. I actually used it as an excuse to get off caffeine altogether. We have the same no nos though, except I can get away with bagels w/cream cheese every once in a while.

I will definitely try that basic egg salad mix, no guarantees I can eat it though.

have you tried l-glutamine? its a amino acid which is supposed to help heal up your intestines and improve IBS symptoms. You take it in the morning before food.

Well juice is one of the easiest things to vomit that is the least offensive. I typically go orange juice but I've been apple cider lately given the season. Also don't eat anything in the morning because that's when IBS goes hardcore. Just drink something and wait for the inevitable gag reflex.

After that you should be good to go for food aside from rampant shitting; so invest in toilet paper and laundry detergent for sharts.

Do you take any alcohol or drugs?

>Have any good recipes?
I like my grits sweet. so it's stuff like sugar or brown sugar, vanilla extract or other extracts if I'm feeling fruity, cinnamon, maple syrup. I usually just buy instant grits and microwave them stirring often and making sure they don't boil over and make a mess of the microwave.
also you mentioned not liking the texture I think it was of oats. not all oats are crappy rolled oats. there are different cuts of oats giving better texture. you might want to look in to that too.

Do a keto diet it'll fix whatever fucked up shit u got going on in ur bowels

Well I occasionally drink, like once a month, a beer or two, or maybe a shot of whiskey or tequila, but other than that not much else, no drugs, unless prescription asthma inhaler can cause IBS. I developed IBS well before I started drinking.

Well I don't know about a rescue inhaler but do you take a twice daily long-acting steroid like Advair? Those can definitely mess with your immune system over time. I know this isn't ALWAYS true but I think IBS is often an indication of environmental factors or co-ocurring drug and alcohol use.

I actually notice I have more symptoms again once I'm off the nexium 2 days. I think it helps prevent the reflux in the night I might have otherwise and I know it soothes my gut, not a cure though. I forgot to add that not in the morning, but I do take 2 or 3 of those priobiotic pills a day if I've had bad diarrhea. I tend to forget.
Two Imodium pills will stop a horrible situation of repeated bathroom visits at work, and a third can be added, but they make me feel a little feverish. My mom takes one daily due to Metformin side effects. I was surprised you could take it daily, but she does. I probably only need it once every 6 mos.

I definitely find fresh apple juice okay on the gut. I'm especially fond of honeycrisp cider. The glass jar stuff I think is more acidic. I might dilute it 1/2 with some seltzer. I get reflux and diarrhea from hot restaurant coffee, but not tea. I do okay getting coarse beans and doing french press as long as not too much finer ground beans. This Stok brand of cold brew doesn't bother reflux or the IBS. I do okay on the starbucks doubleshot and glass black coffee, not the frappuccinos.

If I had a bad day, I might do rotisserie chicken and steamed brown rice. Basic unseasoned protein, minimal breading, think hospital boring, and I am good again within a couple of nights of boring. Mrs. Dash and lemon juice helps.
Hope advice helps:/

Yup, tried it. Just made me nauseous.
OP here. I can get away with a few beers every few weeks if I'm feeling up to it. Also I've had IBS since I was 10 or 11 so I have no clue what could have caused it, probably just bad luck.

I'm pretty shocked that you're fine with apple juice. I can't even eat applesauce without taking a big risk. A cup of juice would kill me.

IBS is real but a lot of it is caused by stress and anxiety.

You just need more dietary fiber, buy some psyllium husks and eat 2-4 tablespoons a day. It’ll clear your weak bowels and wicked case of bitch gut right up.

If only. I've taken regular citrucel and fibercon for years. It helps a lot but it's no cure.

Underrated shitpost

Take some probiotics and smoke opium, OP.

Hey i understand exactly what youre going through
Just last year even eating oatmeal i had to take 30mins to do it and not move around too much afterwards or id puke
I got on some pills that are anti-depressants but used to treat this hormone in ur stomach as well. Since then i can actually eat whatever for breakfast and i have an appetite in the morning

Also, this didnt help much with ibs for me but my stomach has definitely improved with it

One avocado, prepared sweet or savory to your liking; one banana, and some blueberries. No bread, no cheese, no sauces/syrups. No yogurt, no oats. Establish a neutral base and build up from there.

OR
Do what I do and skip breakfast. Focus instead on a highly targeted dinner which includes what you need more than what you crave. Your body is rejecting for a reason. Try to find out what doesn't piss it off and feed it accordingly. Avocados are a great place to start because they are both very healthy and neutral. Who gets fucked up off an avocado, right? Never met anyone with avocado blowing up the spot...

Add mashed sweet potato. Spinach. Zucchini. One by one and see how you feel. Avoid ALL breads, pasta, and meat. On top of that, I would recommend a two day fast before any of this reset--clean yourself out; drink water/juice and reset to zero. Then scientifically add back, slowly. With neutral-ish foods. Then build. Avocado, pear, banana, zucchini, spinach, cucumber, sweet potato. Brown rice--plain--scientific, remember. Play the addition/subtraction game. Good luck OP

No self-respecting southerner uses instant grits.

Avocado eh...

Yes? Meme-posting aside. Don't be that guy.

.....Avocado is not Ibs friendly. It contains polyols.

Well I have IBS and it works for me; just trying to be helpful. Ya gotta start somewhere besides a triple cheeseburger.

Pears and bananas....

eggs do not shit to ibs

Excuse me?

>eggs don't bother me so how can they possibly bother anyone else?
a lot of people are allergic to eggs

real talk weed helps with my ibs only way I can drink milk and such, but its not a permanent solution unless you want to be high all the time, it is nice to have a glass of chocolate milk or eat something with a ton of cheese though

have you ever tried CBD only strains of weed? it's supposed to be a potent pain killer but does not get you very high (or high at all if it is only CBD extract)

yeah they are great, I imagine I got some sort of inflammation in my stomach that weed helps, it usually works best with strains with decent amount of cbd though, ive had a few strains not help in the slightest

My friend had similar IBS gut pain, he took some nasty meds which gave him heart palpitations, so he quit it. He now takes turmeric extract, like about 4 or 5 grams, and it works wonders on his inflamed guts without side effects. The best kind to get is turmeric with piperine, but any good turmeric extract should work. You may want to try it.

Man any pills doctors prescribe you is bad, I was on anti antibiotics for a couple weeks and I haven't been able to drink milk since

You sound more like lactose intolerant then IBS.

Both id imagine, had ibs before pills screwed my stomach more and made milk undrinkable, before that it was one of my fav things to drink

>Bedtime: take it easy on dairy, carbs and starches.Take it easy on excessive portion sizes. No salad, but some cooked veg is just fine. Basic meat and potatoes or meat and rice usually does okay by the time you do the morning routine. Bedtime is where you hydrate a glass or two of water, because you'll do very little gorging on water before lunch.

This is some damn retarded advice.

Why can't science offer a solution that isn't a fad diet and holistic shit imported from India? Are we going to be grinding tiger's penis to treat impotence next?

I have heard of ibs being treated with medical marijuana but I have no idea how to bring it up with a gastroenterologist without sounding like a druggie.

Yeah I don't know how to go about that either, no doctor is going to believe me when I say weed helps my ibs prescribe me some fat ounces

Do you have a doctor that you can trust enough to bring the topic up?

I have IBS too, although my doctor says it's a variant of Crohn's-Colitis and is reluctant to go through the effort of testing because it's an intermittent problem that is inconsistent with foods.

I think a bagel would be what I could handle best.

You really should get more testing done imo. The more you know about it the better.

Instead of guessing, get your stool analyzed.

They always try to put you on steroids at shit gastros, I've been going to this new who completely took me off that shit

i used to have problems with eating in the morning. Honestly i solved it by just not eating breakfast.

Oatmeal porridge with a bit of sugar and salt

I have very severe IBS but the thing I can always eat is boiled eggs. It's a perfect breakfast.

Have you considered OMAD?

I went to a GI after having diarrhea/sharting mucus for over a month and all they did was make me take a gluten allergy test and stop using ibuprofen.

I should probably go back to get tested for CDIFF but the only way I've been able to go to the bathroom normally is by taking psyllium husk powder before I go to bed. It made my poop actually look like poop again, and I just go once or twice a day.