The sushi scam

>spending $30 on ONE meal
>hungry again 15 minutes later

wtf man, could have gotten a burger and fries for $6

maybe you should spend the money the government gives you for autism on more calorie efficient and filling foods then

I've never in my life spent that much on sushi for one person.
I can see it being possible, but fuck you gotta be hungry or somewhere fancy.
And sushi is always surprisingly filling.

I just go to the all you can eat sushi place

You could go even cheaper if you start buying ultra-cheap-shit-tier food from Walmart and whatnot, but the money save now will pale in comparison to the amount you have to spend when you have cancer in 20 years.

It's easy to get carried away.

>service charge already included

what if the service sucked?

>I can see it being possible, but fuck you gotta be hungry or somewhere fancy.
Not really. There's a non-fancy run of the mill sushi place in Dallas called Ai Sushi that I just ate at where a single order of combination sushi (two pieces of sushi like pic related for of each of the following: tuna, salmon, yellowtail, shrimp, and eel) is about $30. And it is easier to eat and infinitely less filling than your average dirt cheap appetizers at TGI Fridays or Outback Steakhouse or wherever. A lot of those appetizers are so massive you can't even finish them, whereas this combination sushi order is something you inhale in a couple seconds without even realizing you're already done. Each piece of sushi is like one, maybe two bites worth of food.

That's why you only eat it if it's COMPED

Almost all sushi places are $10-15 per meal with a bunch of sides for one person here. And some really great deals during happy hour.

If you still aren't full, get an extra bowl of rice, rice is cheap as fuck everywhere.

Loved living in Japan with 90% of dishes being $1 at the several large sushi train chains.
Fuck I miss that. Would order ahead at pic related and get take away dinner for myself and my Mrs for like $20-$25 with leftovers for breakfast.
Ebi-avo was my all time fav.

>$100 for basic shit

Coulda got Omakase

I think it's their way of saying you don't need to tip or anything but idk

thats why you dont buy a sushi plate. you go to a all you can eat sushi place and get all the fucking sushi you can eat

ive [spoiler]literally vomited because i ate to much goddamn sushi, but mostly because my friends bitch out and have me around as the sushi disposal[/spoiler]

To me the 30 dollar sushi meal is more elegant and refined while eating fewer calories attributes you a slimmer physique. Where as a burger is boorish and crude, fattening and bland, devoid of subtleties. Each meal has a different tone, one for patricians, one for plebeians. I do eat burgers and sushi but only occasionally and in moderation

>not going to a 105yen place
Actual bill would've been 1500yen tops for that order.

Kappa-zushi was mid-tier, good variety. Sushi-ro was the best chain though. Kura-zushi was shit but people love it for the chance to "win free sushi".

>not being able to afford spending $30 on a meal

Their omakase sucks

>The only purpose of eating is to satisfy one's hunger
The hallmark cry of a plebeian.

>$18.95 Canadian
>All you can eat
>142 item menu

>no Saba
You fucked up

>hungry 15 minutes later
Huh? You sound like a stupid diabetic confusing Chinese takeout with sushi. $30 worth of sushi keeps a normal person full for hours.

You think we go through the cash and the work to make sushi so we get a long lasting nourishing meal?

i'm gonna be honest with you user after reading what you wrote i can deduce your gay and as a proud englishman i'm allowed to say that

You go to fancy restaurants for taste, not filling meals.

You go to fast food amerifat restaurants to overeat, not savour the flavour.

You cook at home to make a shit ton of burnt leftovers, and clean your plates.

Trappers sushi in the Seattle area. $30. Unlimited sushi. Including their big rolls that usually cost $20. Worth.

Sushi is delicious and gives me excellent satisfying stool.

Not getting your sushi comped. Fucking pleb

I think this is an American portion size thing, in all honesty
I've never found myself to still feel hungry after sushi, but more importantly I've never had an appetizer that fits the description you're giving over here. The one time I went down to Virginia beach I remember the fucking food we got at some random fried chicken place being so absurd we had to split it all three ways to make any sort of headway

lmao absolute state of burger culture

Agreed sushi-ro was better, but was not on my drive home after work. Was still always satisfied, especially for the price and freshness, while maybe not as good as sushi-ro at times, it was never questionable if you know what I mean.

All you can eat sushi.

I have a place like that 15 mins away. Shit is blessed

if you're still hungry after eating that entire plate then you're just a fatass

Looking online, a lot of American 'sushi' has been bastardised beyond recognition. (Pic related)

I'd still eat the fuck out of it however.

Place near me makes that shit, $6-8 per roll.
Always super filling.

Bet you get some shit sushi then m8

You have to be retarded to pay 100x for sushi or other national cuisine that the respective nationals pay for.
A fishing village person can make you just as good a sushi as some 'top chef' in las vegas, if not better, and it'll cost jack shit.

that looks like spicy crab roll. i bet its good.

Wow, learn to cook. How you are still not dead is beyond me.