Fml

we getting dickered and cookin shit, please wait for hostess to be seated

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along, bake-along, drink-along, sing-along, pickle-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

weekendbakery.com/posts/pizza-dough-with-a-poolish/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are those tomatoes as good as they look?

probably not m8 but I did try to get the ripest ones they had

so first up on the list, gonna make some marinara and can most of it, took the stem bit off these 'matos

i caught some bullshit cold that's making me weak as fuck. I need to make a big batch of soup , what's your guy's favorite soup when you're sick. pic not related some bulgogi I made recently

yey, dickered thread

inb4 patty on the counter h8ers

You might as well just rub your fucking cat all over the food..

I don't know what that is but I'd put a dent in it boy I tell u

;)

m80 it's part of the experience

I do she's like a giant truffle

when you see this many vultures you in the wrong neighborhood muhfucka

>this is your brain on toxoplasmosis

If you're skinning you should skin before destemming, if not you should halve and then cut out triangles. It saves more tomato

I'm making a easy sloppy sauce not even trippin m8

SMUG

Are you a homosexual OP??

I want to tickle his chin.

patti is godly

no srry

I really like this blender stick

what brand of sauce pan is that?

Are you asking for the sauce on that pan?

Impossible. Patti care cures homosexuality.

says vollrath wear-ever, got it at a restaurant supply store, easily my fav pan type thing I plan to get more

Got the flavor on point, made this batch thinner because I plan to use it for pizza sauce and dipping, proper canned 5 jars

>Are you asking for the sauce on that pan?
>pan pun
terrible

i liked

If one of u is Harto pls post time stamp

me and my crew went for a stroll around the hood

this exchange never happened. disregard.

nice coats on them kitties

oh no pls don't

Got some sourdough bread cold proofing in the fridge. I usually make one loaf, but my boss is on maternity leave and is having a bit of a rough time, so my colleagues have organized a cooking schedule where we’re dropping prepared dishes off at her place. Monday I’m taking eggplant parm and a loaf of bread.

lol m8 it's not cold enough I haven't even put their coats on yet

Trying to get better at breads but I'm having issues like it says knead it and I know add flour but it always sticks to my fingers and the counter shit is mad aggravating

Making pizza dough

what's your recipe for both bread and doughs, OP? i highly recommend the long and slow approach, where you use a small amount of yeast and let it rise a ferment for several hours, instead of stressing about kneading and shit

OP fucks Patti?

Woah. What type of ground is that? What country do you live in?

Pure cringe.

Who' the bluehair? o:

Fried onion on the ground ready for harvest. God bless America.

wheres that pizza at? inquiring minds...

sry me and the homeboi were a bit dickered and the thread got away from me

You're cat looks smug as fuck.

Used some al pastor meat from the market and threw some pineapple and 'penos on that ho

patti u cute as shit

looks appetizing. good job

Oh shit I've had that beer in a steakhouse.

God bless, OP, getting dickered meself. Cheers from the UK, can't get al pastor over here (kill me, my favorite thing)

here, just thought i'd update with the loaves i baked this afternoon

Fukken day late and a dollar short, but when I'm sick I either get some decent hot 'n sour from a good Chinese place or make some split pea and ham soup. You can make it as thin or as thick as you like, the one rule is you have to have a hambone and save some ham to chuck in after the peas are done. If I'm truly sick I just dip some toast in the soup and eat a little of that, but it's got plenty of good for you stuff in there, eat good food and get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water.

TFW you week never get pattis boi pucci

Mate I think my cat wants some of my crisps

bread looking sick bro

damn

my nigg

I’m still working on getting a super open crumb with sourdough levain and partial whole wheat flour. I think I need to extend bulk fermentation another two hours or so. Flavor’s great, but it’s a little dense compared for what I’m going for.

>Starts making dank calzone

Cat shit paws all up in the food area is nasty.

you make your own dough or nah? if you do, what's your recipe?

Yeah, I used the Wolfgang Puck recipe. Food Wishes did a video on it.

Honestly, way too much yeast. Very strong flavor. It raises within the hour though.

that's the tradeoff when using yeast -- time versus flavor. next time, try making a "poolish" for your dough. it takes much more time, but uses a much smaller amount of yeast for a slower rise and more complex flavor. example:

weekendbakery.com/posts/pizza-dough-with-a-poolish/

Damn, that is exactly what I was looking for and didn't even know it.

Microbatch the yeast step but wait longer?

Perfect.

oh shit my dude, i am so happy to be the person to introduce you to this next level of dough making. please make a post when you try it, i'd love to see your outcome!

i tend to bake only with sourdough in the last few months, but some of the best bread i've made was using the poolish pre-ferment method with regular commercial yeast. pic related, i made a few mini boules using a poolish and i still think about them to this day.

Bread looking dank!

Thanks for the advice. I'll post for sure, but good luck seeing it. I don't tread these waters often.

Fin

P A T T I
A
T
T
I

enjoy the calzone, user, it looks delicious! i'll keep an eye out for your future post.

Hey OP, my friends and I are gonna be in Houston this weekend for the UFC fights. Would you wanna have a grand ol' time with us and make some tasty ass food?

Sorry, wrestling. Not UFC.

Is patti a male? Cause otherwise patti would have some sort of boi-girl pucci, and that just sounds gay.

lol they eat and dress well

Not sure what you are referring to but I'm in Houston and the flooding recently kind of fucked the already shitty landscaping up a bit, but the area I'm in also just looks like shit

:)

all my cats are classy ladies also DELET

I am flattered desu but I'm working damn near 6-7 days a week for the next few months and also I'm scared

got some chinese buffet while out

I made beef stew tonight.

>3.5 lb eye of round roast, s&p, thyme, sage, covered for 2h at 250.
>rest meat while making veggie stock (onion, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes, okra, spinach bc too much in fridge, leeks)
>cube roast and sear all sides
>make roux with drippings, add to stock
>cut up red potatoes and carrots
>dump veggies and meat in stock, simmer while cooking brown rice

Seasoned with s&p, cumin, thyme, sage, cayenne, paprika. May post pics when it's done.

Turned out pretty good

looks horrible, honestly
like tough meat and more soup than stew

Looks pretty good m8, wish it was cold here eating stew or chili when it's cold out is comfy af, would prob throw some thick cut onion in there or maybe even corn cuz I'm a freak

Meat wasn't tough at all, but yeah it was way too thin. I fucked up my roux a bit. But it was just a fridge-clearing dinner before grocery shopping tomorrow. I wouldn't mind suggestions on better stew preparation; it's not something I really enjoy, but my family does.

It's just started snowing here and stews, soups, and chili season is about to get under way. Onion sounds great in there, but one of the people I cook for doesn't like them so I try not to do too much. I used to cook mushrooms in everything but now I don't even buy them because he's a picky eater. Corn may be a tasty addition but I think I'd go for a side rather than adding it to the pot.

Thanks for the threads, by the way. I knew it would be here for me to post in.

Cook your meat with your onions and some mushrooms and the longer-cooking veggies like potatoes. The easy way to a thicker stew is to just coat your meat chunks in flour before browning, but I usually go: brown meat chunks, set aside, add onions and mushrooms and a pinch of salt until I get some color on the onions, add my herbs and meat back in, put in a little unsalted chicken stock, and let it go. When everything's tender, make a roux, add some milk to make some kind of bechamel, then add broth from the stew until it's thinner with no lumps, and dump the whole thing into the stew pot. Ends up with a thicker consistency than just flour on the beef, but not full-on gravy.
I also don't put carrots or turnips in my stews, as I like them more savory than sweet, but I've had good results with carrots, turnips, and barley before. A handful of rice'll also add some body. Or orzo!
>doesn't like mushrooms or onions
You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Oh also, some unflavored gelatin bloomed in some hot broth for ~10 minutes can add a ton of body to a soup you think is feeling thin. Helps the broth cling to the delicious chunks of whatever.

Thank you. I usually do coat my beef chunks in flour, I just couldn't be arsed this time. I like the sound of your procedure and I'll definitely keep it in mind for next time. The gelatin tip is kind of beautiful; I keep picking it up at the store but couldn't come up with enough practical uses to buy it.

>don't need that kind of negativity
Damn straight. But family is family.

Snow sounds cozy I've seen it a few times, this onion situation bothers me I don't think I could handle that more power to you and please post as much as you want :)

this is interesting never thought of using gelatin for anything but passing a drug test

Gonna make another pizza cuz I need it plus I don't want to waste this sauce and stuff

these dates are mainly for normies I'll be fine

>Clearing out jarred spices and herbs the other day
>Found some turmeric from 2009

moose in plaza

No money shot?

I made this gay ass shooter sammich

Always wanted to make one of those, was it decent or just a meme?

Drunk/high as fuck it was amazing. It would have been better if i had warmed it up in some cast iron; to crisp up the bread, it did get a little soggy. I used smoked gouda and provolone for the cheese

think I could cut up some cranberries and leave it in my white rum or would that get some kind of mold cause I think they float

made "fake Asian" as we call it in our house.

>marinade 2lb London broil in cheap Asian chili, teriyaki, and spicy bbq w/ pineapple rings + syrup
>broil it medium rare, boil marinade down to sauce, adding some brown sugar
>jasmine rice + turmeric, s&p, garlic powder and cayenne
>sautée thinly sliced mushroom, carrot, onion, yellow bell pepper, steam broccoli
>shove into sauce

Fridge cleaning meals, man. Delicious.

u need to upgrade that iphone 3

pls no bully

sounds like the real deal to me

Please post recipe for this

Hmm I might still need to try it then, I would need to eat it on a fox hunt though for muy authentico reasons

That cat isn't an ingredient is it?

that meat looks like absolute dog shit

spegheeti squash with marinara

was going to make like a creamed spinach to go on it but got lazy

any other things to add since spaghetti squash has liike no flavor?

>meat

Getting dickered on homemade gin & tonic and made some mincemeat pies since feelin' a bit like Christmas today

I try to avoid those ham steaks in the OP, personally. They just taste way too salty.

never seen any ham without serious amount of salt

made some low noise finger food to eat while I catch up on my stories

Drinking some homebrew cider and made some noodles and company copycat because I missed it

Pesto cavatappi with parmesan encrusted chicken

Catching up on robot wars myself

Turned out pretty fucking good

Plenty of boiled eggs and and pot of green tea.
I fucking love boiled eggs so much, would happily eat for breakfast and dinner each day if not for the ghastly smell that seeps out my chocolate starfish.