Boneless pork chops

I only cooked mine 3 minutes per side and they came out really tough. What do next time famalam?

Next time get pork chops that aren't paper thin.

Cut them into 1/4 slices and sear both sizes and then finish them in the oven

I always cook the second side for like a third of the time I cooked the first side and then rest it at least half the time of the first side.

beat them up with a tenderizer before cooking

thin ones are the best
idk how op fucked it up

3 minutes? How thin were these and how hot did you have the pan?

Your opinion is wrong.

Op here
I had pan on medium
The chops were really thin like 1/4”
I read that testing them, similar to the way beef steaks should be tested, is the way to go for pork chops as well.
But I just dove in like 3 minutes after cooking.
Fuck I’m hesitant to ever buy pork chops again famalam :(

*rested
Not tested

You can also try braising them.
Personally I really like tough pork chops though.

i respect your opinion

Brine them overnight tho.

All memes aside sous vide is undeniably the best way to cook pork.

but they look really good
just cut them into very thin stripes if they turned out too tough

What do you use for brine holmes.

Brown sugar, water, season salt. Google for specific amounts

OH, and add ice cubes and brine in a bowl after everything is dissolved in a pot.

The meat looks like it has such potential sitting there in the store. Thick slabs of boneless pork. There must be a good way to make this delicious, but there really isn't. Same thing with pork loin roasts, its simply a lame cut of meat. Mediocre is about as good as it gets. Best bet is to use a strongly salted marinade/brine, and put them on a very hot grill to quickly get some color, but dont let your internal temp go one degree beyond 140 F or else they are ruined. Yes, it should be quite pink inside. Even then, you better have a sauce prepared, because aside from the fatty edges, you will still have relatively bland, stringy meat. Gnawing on the bone is really the best part of a pork chop.

I use this exact tenderizer and it's fucking great for making cheap cuts better. Recommended to clean IMMEDIATELY after use, though, because it's a pain in the ass to disassemble.

What type of chop did you use?
I always use the left ones.

Also, the left kind of chop is great for just giving a good rub and then fry them, while the one on the right is better when breaded, or used in dish where they cook in some kind of sauce.

Get a whole loin or tenderloin. Wrap it in bacon, and optionally butterfly it out beforehand and stuff it with cheeses and hot peppers, such as jalapeno. The fat wrapper will continuously baste the meat as it roasts, and a cheese-based filling with peppers will add richness and flavor to the center.

This. Brine = more moisture in the meat. They tend to be very lean cuts of meat though, so they won't ever be meltingly tender or anything. Old pickle juice is a great brine for meats. As says, pounding or just breading and frying isn't a bad thing to do with them.

Make a gravy from the drippings and serve it with taters.

Vegetables optional, depending on if you have polite company.

nice

pork needs to be cooked like beef, not chicken.
Don't be afraid of pink pork

Get thick bone-in chops and cook those for 3 minutes a side instead. The really thin ones I just cut into strips for stir-fried dishes

Those pork chops work pretty well for tonkatsu

Does anyone actually like pork chops?

For me its one meat that has literally no appeal. And I am a big pork eater usually but pork chops just seem disgusting.

Cook two minutes per side

As noted in this thread, they're hard to get right. Imagine if you grew up eating steak that was virtually always cooked to 165F internal. You'd probably not care for steak all that much. Pork chops can be very good if treated right. One of the easiest ways to get them good without much fuss is to press salt, pepper, and ginger into them, then coat in corn starch, and fry in oil.

At the end of the day, they are a tougher meat in general, but they can be good if you know how to treat them.

I should say that pic was only semi-related
Damn user I’m coming to this same conclusion myself and it sux bro
It was some loin shit it had almost zero marbling on it. So really I’m a jabrony for thinking it was gonna be as tasty as a rib eye
Damn user you’re making me horny with that kind of idea
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too for next time user

Same here.

Also, you can pour a quarter cup or so into the pan when you're cooking the second side so that it cooks but also soaks up moisture as it goes. I do this with chicken as well. It deglazes the pan too and gives you a nice poor man's sauce by the time its all gone.

i don't

don't pour it in right away, let it get a nice color first for a few minutes then pour it in and by the time the water evaporates, its pretty much done

Consider buying pork shoulder chops.
They have marbles of fat giving the moisture. Roughly the same price for me in UK.