Could they get away with this today?

Could they get away with this today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PwYCvTpYMCA
youtube.com/watch?v=OtdN_oZOZLk
youtube.com/watch?v=LPR9QOdhVpk
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-16/nurofen-fined-6m-for-misleading-consumer/8126450
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah

Dr Pepper doesn't give a fuck

What makes you so sure?

They didn't get away with it back then.

Remember Yorkies?

Lol no, liberals would eat them alive

they were doing this because people at that time thought it was feminine to drink diet drinks

it was a different time.

It didn't even work at the time

Notice how they all ended up rebranding to more "masculine" sounding names anyways, they just weren't ridiculous about it
E.g. Pepsi Max, Coke Zero

It's still the same. The whole reason Coke made Coke Zero is that there was a demand for sugar free soft drinks but Diet Coke was seen as feminine.

I don't understand why you'd go out of your way to market diet soda to men.
If men don't drink diet soda they're probably drinking the regular version or they're not drinking soda at all, and you won't be able to convince them to change their ways.

their advertising campaign was great, it was all in good fun.
up until fun stopped being politically correct

as long as they're not accused of rape

I thought Coke Zero was made because diet coke uses aspartame and coke zero uses sucralose.

And i thought they called it coke zero cuz Pepsi made Pepsi 1, which they re branded after coke zero came out as Pepsi Max.

Yes. It was like five years ago.

A lots changed in 5 years

not really

What the hell kind or names are "Pepsi One" and "Pepsi Max"

They wanted to keep it gender neutral but also imply it was a diet drink more suitable for "men", presumably because market research found men didn't like "diet" drinks, and probably the popular opinion that diet drinks tasted like shit, hence focusing ads on "Original Coke Taste" and "Max Flavor", the all black colors, and literally being diet drinks with a new name

Advertising is fucking weird

I remember my teacher came back from a trip to the UK with a bunch of candy and shared samples with the class. She decided that since that one said not for girls, that only the girls should get to try it.

I reckon pepsi max actually tastes better than normal pepsi though. At least here in the uk. Pepsi is just imitation coke. It's not the real deal but pepsi max is it's own thing and it tastes mint too.

they did nothing wrong, women were busy at the time spewing nonsense about calories and how great being a vegan is. funny how you never see a male vegan spewing their agenda.

my brother in law has been cucked into eating only vegetables by my sister and it's hillarious, he hates it so much while my sister spews bull shit about why vegan is good when it's not good at all for mental health.

This shit was like last year.

Negative attention is still a lot of attention, especially nowadays. People who like to drink that shit will get angry, then crave and buy it. They can get away with it because it's already an unhealthy product and as a private company they can advertise to whomever they fucking want.

Six years ago, buddy. Stop letting the years wash over you. You'll regret not making more memories when you're an old fuck.

that fucking cunt. women ruin everything

they can because they're a private company and as long as demand is on their side they can put whatever they want on their product, getting complained at doesn't mean you have to react, just like how starbucks didn't change their mind after Christians started screeching at them over "holiday" themed cups, and they're still just fine.

I think it's sadder that marketers view men as being this fragile.

>funny how you never see a male vegan spewing their agenda.
You don't look hard enough.

>only liberals care about sexism
Nice meme

Why not? There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Funny thing considering that marketing is an overwhelmingly female field the people that came up with this campaign we're probably women

Fuck that.
Says its not for men and watch sales go through the fucking roof

Hi Helloween, I always figured you were a channer

Nigga pls

they can't legally rebrand diet coke as coke zero and sell the same product under different names.
They had to make it just different enough so they could have two diet drinks. One arrgressivly marketed towards women (diet coke) and the other aggresivly marketed towards men (coke zero).

The flavour difference is just legal bullshit spun into marketing wank that you ate like the sack of shit you are.

diet coke ad:
youtube.com/watch?v=PwYCvTpYMCA

coke zero ad:
youtube.com/watch?v=OtdN_oZOZLk

need I say more?

Fpbp

Pepsi 1 came after come zero as a direct response, with the intent of it coming of as

Coke: 0, Pepsi: 1

>They can't legally
You're wrong
You're actually just straight up wrong.
Not only could they do that legally, but they can do the inverse and market one product under multiple names as well. I have no clue where you got that building impression but I guarantee you that if you were to now try and make any sort of research to support your initial statement you'll find nothing.

I think taco bell actually nailed it
youtube.com/watch?v=LPR9QOdhVpk

those "man" commercials

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-16/nurofen-fined-6m-for-misleading-consumer/8126450

>they said it is not for girls? HA, I am a girl and I will buy it and eat it, that will teach the patriarchy a lesson.
Whoever came up with this marketing idea was a frigging genius.