Best sauce thread

post your contenders lads

The green el yucateco is the worst of the six varieties.

I've never had their Naga, is it good?

>vinegar and green food coloring

Please. Don't even bother trying next time.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I like ghost peppers in sauce, it's fruity and hot. Not like nuclear hot, but still pretty darn hot. I like their scorpion sauce too.

Mornay

I literally just purchased this sauce from Walmart 4 days ago for a camping trip, and it tastes like habanero diarrhea after some mexican hasn't been able to take a shit for 2 weeks due to constipation from too many enchiritos.

How the fuck can you consider that garbage "best"?

Maybe he disagrees with you about the taste

FPBP

I prefer the brown variety, it goes really well with anything acidic or meats in general.

This sauce releaseds dopamine in my brain.

My favorite too. I put it on everything but seems to go best with pork.

unironically this

Is this welfare grade sriracha

It's better than sriracha

Essentially the same ingredients but with none of that weird celery-like chili fruit taste

This stuff is delicious, my absolute favorite hot sauce. Must not be widely available because every time I post it I get no response. If you ever see it pick it up, it's worth trying and it's not expensive like a lot of meme sauces.

For me it's the mad dog 357 gold edition

What is the scoville level on these EXTRA HOT hot sauces? I ate a birds eye/thai/arbol chili and I was unhappy. Are these as hot?

Delicious and all purpose, the best.

I've seen it in PA. How hot we talking here? couple drops on a burger or a upturn and hit the bottom a few times?

The latter. On something like a burger or pizza you could spread on a layer of it. It's definitely hotter than all the popular hot sauces but not meme-hot. The flavor is great.
They also sell the habanero sauces in various hot levels. Pic related is the best and hottest, but they have a lot of other varieties too.

The best of the best.

I use to put this shit on everything until i got diabetes and my doctor gutted my diet.

the hot sauces are great but i love the vinegary mexican ones

I tried valentina for the first time the other day after seeing it for 99c a bottle at the grocery store
its alright. kind of just reminds me of tapatio
also got a bottle of crystal for the same price which I much prefer, goes great on eggs which is mainly what I use hot sauce for

/thread

frank's

Sauces really depend on what you use them on, this one is good for seafood
this one is the best on popcorn or chips. cholula i would say with eggs and american breakfast stuff (IHOP)
I would use this one same as above if i want a different flavor.

its more expensive, it tastes the same 2 me; only diff is that it has seeds in it so it has more heat, & maybe more garlic, but thats it imo

best sauce i had was 'home-made'
jar of chilpotle, blend it, strain the seeds & paste out 4 l8er, then i mix the sauce with another hot sauce if i feel like; always so good -- the paste with seeds too

Help me out with this: how do you like all these processes sauces? I tend to avoid most sauces for whatever reason, but the one I tried and kinda liked was pic related, which is probably shit tier for most people because I rarely see anyone buying it; it always either San Luis or Valentina

And I'm an idiot and forgot the image

I have never seen this variety, I've only seen their more tame sauces

Never tried this one before but I will need time I see it

There is a local chain restaurant called tijuana flats and they have a "hot sauce bar" with their own sauces, they have ghost pepper sauce available and I actually really like their sauces overall, it's a shame they're kinda expensive when it comes to buying sauces

Why would you guys shill for the Jew of Belize?
>The product was the first commercially successful agricultural product manufactured in and exported from Belize, under the name of "Melinda’s Hot Sauce". Once the market for the product had been established, the distributor who was marketing the sauce, trademarked the product name, effectively cutting Sharp out of her own business. After a five-year struggle, Sharp gave up the name to Melinda's in exchange for being released from her exclusive contract with the distributor and re-branded the product under her own name.

Thank you, friend.

Pic related is a recent personal favorite for a multi-purpose table sauce that doesn't overwhelm most dishes. Heavy garlic, moderate vinegar twang, mellow sweet notes from fig & apple, and a nice smoldering burn.

sriracha is a delicacy in vietnam, checkmate tuong ot toi viet-nam

Don't care. The Naga sauce is absolutely delicious, and the only locally available hot sauce which is hot enough for my taste yet absent of pepper extract and its burnt asshole aftertaste.

Are those hot sauce clubs worth the price for a monthly shipment of 3 bottles? I've tried everything in the stores and need to branch out.

Why don't you try it for a few months? It looks like they're pretty cheap especially if you do it quarterly. If I didn't make my own I'd probably do it.

I'm thinking about it just to try out some different sauces. $10ish a bottle is a bit steep but I've been jewed by puckerbutt for a lot more. Has anyone tried shit the bed hot sauce?

Just go to the grocery store every month and buy a new sauce

This shit is delicious. I just eat flour tortillas with hot sauce on them because I enjoy the taste of the sauce so much

they don't use artificial food coloring anymore.

It doesn't even have any vinegar either. That dude aint playing with a full deck.

I've tried every sauce in the only two grocery stores I have here in north dakota

Well, time for mail order then.

Just check out heathotsauce. They're notably cheaper than pretty much every other online sauce retailer, and significantly cheaper than most brick & mortar grocers. I haven't tried their sauce-of-the-month club, but they've got a solid selection at most heat levels so unless they pack their monthly boxes with rejects, you should get a solid selection of sauces.

Bunster's Shit the Bed is a nice tasty sauce, but it's not very hot despite how they market it. Also it's pretty pricey, and you've already gotten jewed by Ed Currie's in-house brand. If you want a flavorful sauce with serious heat, check out Bigfat's 7o8 Optimus Primo, Pex Peppers Painapple, Irazu Unholy Trinity. Dawson's Heatonist #1 is interesting too if you're into szechuan peppercorn (numb pepper) profiles.

Awesome thanks

If you're putting together an order at heathotsauce and are comfy with bhut, scorpion, etc sauces, I'm this user:
I really fell in love with that sauce as my daily, multipurpose, table sauce. The Optimus Primo, Painapple, Unholy Trinity, Lethal Ingestion, Zombie Torchbearer, etc are mostly too hot to use as a general condiment (delicious, but you have to plan around them). The Lucky Dog Black Label brings a huge depth of flavor with burn that builds very slowly giving me plenty of leeway to enjoy the dish itself without the getfukt superhot burn kicking in.

salem oelek is better but the same thing

>same thing
No. Sambal Oelek (gold label) is Huy Fong's standard ground chili sauce without any added garlic. The stuff pictured in the other user's post is Huy Fong's chili sauce with garlic (and possibly other ingredients) added.

Finally tried this, the taste is okay, but there's zero heat

Is Mad dog 357 worth it?
What about "da bomb insanity"?
I've gotten really sick of the taste of el yucateco and want to step my game up.

those are extract sauces. have you had extract sauces before? a lot of people don't like the taste. the Primo sauce this guy mentioned would be hotter while still tasting good. basically look into sauces with ghost peppers, scorpions, reapers, and 7 pots.

>heathotsauce
I read that as He a Thot Sauce

(you)

Well I planned on using them and diluting them a little bit. I want a lot more punch without it just turning into "we just filled the bottle with cayenne and vinegar". Louisanna style hotsauces are gross to me and I can't seem to avoid them.

It is pretty delicious though, it's not hard to see why it is so ubiquitous

This. I am addicted to the tang and have tried many other hotsauces, but none better than this. Getting kind of hungry typing this tbҺ.

i really enjoyed this. different. worth trying, yall

Fuck off.

What is vinegar

how long does chilli last exposed to air and the elements? whats the best hot stuff to spray with a spray bottle? Im looking to unroll public toilets toilet paper rolls and covering the last part with sprayed chilli so itll only become apparent long after ive left.

any suggestions? its gotta last, be pretty much invisible and transfer from paper to skin really easily

Yes. This. Melinda's is fucking delicious!

This contender isn't super hot, but the complexity of flavors is second to very few..

Image..

Blair's Ultra Death

the el yucateca exxxtra picante mayan style is the best one and hotter.

So I've always bought the bright red el yucateca

the bottles arent labeled any differently

whats the difference between the bright red, dark red, and green?

just got this one in the mail, we shall see today

This stuff is great for cooking and chili

highly reccomend this, had it today on some chicken amd thrn later on some curry. delicious

It's more than vinegar it has a really nice pimento flavour

how was the heat? Their habanero is close to where I'm comfortable at, so i've been putting off trying this.

There is no 'dark red'. Maybe you mean the mayan recipe. Anyway...

Green - unripened(green) habanero
Red - ripened habanero
Mayan - fire roasted
Reserve - even more fire roasted
Caribbean - different spices and lime
Chipotle - added chipotle in adobo

Green and red taste similar but the red is a little hotter.
The brownish Mayan is much hotter with a unique charred quality.
The reserve is not as hot as the mayan but with a similar yet even more charred or smoky quality.

Caribbean is similar to red but not as hot and made with lime...this is similar to marie sharps.

Chipotle is chipotle. Good but not amazing. It was around before people new what chipotle was.

They make a steak sauce which has been discontinued. It's such a shame because it was one of my favorites.

it's literally made by the same producer you retard

it just has garlic and has a more varied consistency

definitely hotter than most habanero sauces ive tried but still very good, has enough flavor on its own but does well mixed to other dishes

heatwise i would give it a 6.5/10. burned for like 10 mins after done eating, nose running, little bit of sweat, eyes just almost tearing up

It's sriracha with garlic and less sugar it's hard to go back once you realize how nauseatingly sweet sriracha is

Bufalo is not like valentina, san luis, or tapatio. I think people dont buy it because traditionally its mostly used on fruit, unlike the others which are used on many foods and snacks.

Kraft BBQ
Soy
Olive oil vinaigrette
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Hot fudge topping
Mr. Pikante
Chili Garlic
Mirin
L&P Worcestershire
Steen's Cane Syrup
El Yucateco green
Ranch
Fig preserves
Sambal Oelek
Sonic BBQ (top)

Middle

Pickled jalapeno
Diced pimento
Bo hue paste
Honey
Pig Stand BBQ
Valentina extra hot
Pesto
Strawberry Jam
Carolina reaper mash
Ketchup
Mayo
Chili oil
Sweet hot mustard
Dijon mustard

Bottom

Ranch II
Green goddess
Banana peppers
Marinated artichokes
Dark roux
Gochujang
Sesame paste
Doubanjiang

I hate people like you.
Most of those sauces have no business in a refridgerator.

enlighten me

seriously???
With but a few exceptions...your
hot sauces
mustards
ketchups
soy sauces
jams
jellies
vinaigrettes
mirin
Hoisin

Pretty much everything there has enough sugar salt and/or acid to make refridgeration unnecessary and you will find they all have more flavor at room temperature.

Anything Hidden Valley should definitely be out of the fridge...
and in the garbage.

You know, I find that refrigeration tends to extend the shelf life of the ones I don't use quickly enough. In fact may of these lose flavor or pungency over time so keeping them in the fridge keeps them flavorful. I warm many of these over before serving anyway.

how is poverty treating u?

I keep fine ingredients as well, we can go head to head on your specialty dish anytime

drown the food in this. (joke.)

haha that would be cah-ray-zee! good joke my friend

>TFW your brother is an alcoholic
>TFW he actually does this
>TFW right after he finishes eating his meal, he gets up and beats you

best hotsauce coming through.
el yucateco,srirachas,cholula etc ain't got shit on this

This is good shit, I like it on cold cut sandwiches

Pepper Plant hot sauce, I don't know how common/popular it is but it is my favorite.

Chef brown sauce is the best brown sauce