These are the first 20 threads on Veeky Forums right now. All the highlighted threads are shit...

These are the first 20 threads on Veeky Forums right now. All the highlighted threads are shit. What the fuck happened on this board? It wasn't like this three years ago.

the Chinese Joyce thread was surprisingly delightful

summerfags atm. not usually this active with such drivel. just relax, it'll die down. Veeky Forums got a lot of attention from the whole /fitlit/ fiasco.

In a word? Reddit.

Happened after Trump got elected. Now 90% of this board is

>pushing alt right authors like Peterson and Land
>frog posting
>contrarian fuck normies stuff (DAE hate weed XD)
>bait threads on marxism/communism
>fragile masculinity threads about 'what it means to be a man' or 'how to improve myself to get laid' and that stuff
so, it's time to quit this website.

Funnily enough, those non-highlighted threads are the only one's I've sniped out to read and post in. I suppose we're somewhat like-minded, OP.

Now it's one shit thread more. Thanks, OP.

>quickmeme.com
yup, summer has arrived

Imo unless an author, title of a book or general work isn't mentioned in the OP the thread should be deleted.

/pol/ effect.
Trump really put Veeky Forums on the map recently and this place is crawling with redditors now. They're like cockroaches there is just no end to them.
/pol/ is like a giant blinking light, they come for /pol/ get bored of F5ing, and eventually find other boards to fuck up.

When you combine that with the usual summercancer influx then you get this.

The Inner Feynman thread is not shit. Most of the posters are shit though.

I used to only visit Veeky Forums to look at gore threads or any funny stuff on /b/ with friends in middle and High School and then got bored.
Only stumbled onto Veeky Forums again because I really got into literature after falling for STEM meme.
Trump, /pol/ or any other board had nothing to do why I now frequent Veeky Forums.
I just found it to be the only compelling place where discussing literature on the internet didn't seem like a total waste of time or as though I were sharing my thoughts with a bunch of Harry Potter readers.

>I'm a special snowflake

Cool thanks for the post dude really made me think. Speaking of middle and high school, were you perchance in any advanced programs? I'm getting extremely high intelligence vibes from you.

Veeky Forums has been the /r9k/ deprogramming station for a while desu. That's a large part of the problem.

Anybody worth a discussion on Literature flew years ago.

>my one personal anecdote btfos this verifiable phenomenon

Speaking of merging, I hear that they will be merging /soc/ with /r9k/.

M e t a

Just because you are one of those losers who tries to justify his failures in life with "why college when all education is available free online" doesn't mean I am as pretentious as you ai to be.
All I was saying is that you are wrong.

hey quit picking on the scifi/fantasy guys

I have a full ride to an Ivy League school lmao

>All I was saying is that you are wrong
>I'm too stupid to understand that my special snowflake existence doesn't invalidate the observation of a general trend

Summeeeeerfaggooooo

HYP or GTFO Cornellfag. If HYP then welcome to the elitist club, glad to have more around.

>Summeeeeerfaggooooo

having a full ride to an ivy league just means you're an affirmative actioned poorfag retard they use to check a diversity quota

Am white as virgin European snow lol.
Have had a 9/10 busty filipino girl fetishize me for my pale skin and blond hair lol

Jew?

Pure Aryan uebermensch
grandparents were unironically Nazis before emigrating to Amerikwa

>Have had a 9/10 busty filipino girl fetishize me for my pale skin and blond hair lol
Is this supossed to be a thing we should be envy? lol

>filipino girl
phillipine is the nigger country of asia.
>But can confirm also had a 8/10 fillipino (but petite) gf

He's a Manlet trying to feel better about himself, please shit on him more

>being this dumb
Means you're either poor or lower middle class. Has nothing to do with race. Financial aid is entirely based on need.

>should we envy

I can't answer that question all I can tell you is that she had big titties and it was the biggest load I ever blew in my life

>he'll never be turned into a white sex object by horny titcows lusting for superior genes

>Financial aid is entirely based on need.

No one gets a need-based full-ride.
Those are always based on merit.

>"lol"
you write like a middleschool girl

>>he'll never be turned into a white sex object by horny titcows lusting for superior genes
Boy, that's a thing everywhere.

>trying this hard to impress Veeky Forums

But, hey, he is an Ivy.

You're a fucking moron who clearly does not go to an Ivy League school or any other equivalent school. It's even on their website. There are no merit scholarships at an Ivy League. How are you going to distinguish all of the National Merit Scholars and Valedictorians from one another? Getting into the school is the merit. And if you can't pay, they'll pay for you. The cutoff is somewhere around $70000 per year, and even up to about $130k-150k it is still extensive.

>implying that's a bad thing

DUDE

So you repurposed the idea of need-based to be inclusive of merit-based. Literally semantics.

>frog posting
>contrarian fuck normies stuff (DAE hate weed XD)

Are you seriously complaining about counterculture? In fucking Veeky Forums?

Except the scholarships are not given out based on merit. It would be impossible to do at an Ivy League school were all students have merit. Most of the school is filled with rich kids so they pay the big bucks, despite being merited. Financial aid is need-based only. In other words, merit is necessary but not sufficient (in the trivial sense that only merited get into Ivy Leagues, but that's also a naive way to look at their admissions given legacies, affirmative action, etc.).

The argument you're trying to make is based on semantic hair-splitting and is nonsensical.

Do you realize that virtually every university has a selective admissions process? All university students therefore in a sense "have merit." That has nothing to do with the possibility of further selection for merit-based financial aid.

I don't think you're understanding my argument at all. I'm not trying to split hairs. I am literally telling you that there is no financial aid delivered after further selection on the basis of merit, only on financial need. If you're the next Einstein, but your family makes over $200,000 per year, then tough luck. This is clearly stated on each school's financial aid website if you don't believe me. Call their financial aid office if you don't believe me. I actually am receiving that financial aid right now, and I'm flattered if you think I got it through merit, but it was really because I'm a poorfag.

this

exodus soon

>>contrarian fuck normies stuff (DAE hate weed XD)
It's the opposite way round

Bump

>Peterson
>alt-right author

I know he's become a father figure to the anti-progressives, but i'd hardly call the man alt-right.