Life Affirming Essay

So, any other life affirming philosophical essay like this bad boi?

>life affirming
I see this term being posted a lot here, what do you guys mean with that?
Also why should I read this book?

>The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged.

Unironically. Radically Empowering

>reading anything by ayn rand
>not being an insufferably spooky faggot
pick one my friend

>Not being able to extract personal value from a text while realizing it's philosophical short comings
>Posting images of Lao Tzu

Pick both

life affrirming? more like... death affirming xD

Lao Stzurner

OP here. it is actually as a way to overcome nihilism in my opinion. I was depressed but this essay seems able to describe my exact worry: "If there's no god, why live?"

It's an elaborate explanation from The Stranger which needs to be continued by The Rebel. But i fucking hate The Rebel. a lot of shit going there with much confusing history (for me).

Read it if you got caught by nihilism.

Marcus Aurelius' Meditations.

Anything other than that? I read seneca and aurelius, kind of looking for more perspective

Epictetus

>"Oh boy, I sure enjoy being trapped in hell for all eternity xD"

Kierkegaard is pretty good.

>baby's first (mis)understanding of Camus
>likes Kierkie because he's cute
Smdh fammo

Muh poststructuralism

My diary desu
said user never

>he fell for the Kierkie was a QT meme

Kierkegaard came to the same conclusion and feelings about the absurd but pussied out of the limit of mans understanding for the comforting convenience of Christianities answers to death, aka philosophical suicide as Camus puts out.

Question. What makes Camus is different than Sartre?

This desu

What's wrong with philosophical suicide?
Philosophy is just a tool, not the start and end of everything.

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

STOP AFFIRMING LIFE REEEEEEEEEEE

Nihilism =/= pessimism and Camus is as nihilistic as you can get.

Less adept at obfuscating his nihilism.

Does anyone else feel mad no one has mentioned my diary yet

No.
Most authors have gotten over the fact they exist before writing an entire god damned book.

This is the one case where it doesnt apply.

Accepting stock answers to fundamental questions of life (such as is our existence worth living in meaninglessness) isn't what everyone desires.

Most people believe in God for the purpose of existing after death, ultimate justice and confirming their purpose in a seeming indifferent universe. It's catharsis and anxiety relief about life's uncertainties. In turn, you turn off your inquiring mind to ask these questions because you defer it for philosophical suicide.

Arthur Schopenhauer - The World as Will and Representation

Accepting reality as reality is not an answer but simply reality.
In the first place you should stop thinking in terms of questions and answers.
Philosophy is limited because it groundlessly assumes that reality should conform to the rules of logic.
Logic can at best approximate reality. How does this make existence less meaningful?
You guys need some engineering thought.

Less of an ideological shithead, willing to admit he was wrong, wasn't a pedophile, about a foot taller

>Accepting reality as reality is not an answer but simply reality

Everyone has their own reality, and their own perception within their reality. Perceptions can be strong enough to lead to you literal suicide.

>Philosophy is limited because it groundlessly assumes that reality should conform to the rules of logic.

Mans need to know, and to understand will always fall within the paradigm of logic and rationalization, especially living in the 21st century with continuing advancements in science and understanding the cosmos piece by piece.

>Logic can at best approximate reality. How does this make existence less meaningful?
Within what Camus is trying to address, as far as we know we have no ultimate purpose or meaning in our lives. We've come from the Judeo-Christian model of human conception to the enlightened age of critical thinking and Godlessness. In this day and age, people don't believe in God the same way individuals had to in previous centuries of humanity.

I've always used philosophy as a way to find structure within my reality, taking knowledge that has personal meaning to me from different thinkers and philosophies (religion included, I think the common myths associated fascinating).

>Everyone has their own reality, and their own perception within their reality.
Yes, and?
>Perceptions can be strong enough to lead to you literal suicide.
What are you getting at?
>Mans need to know, and to understand will always fall within the paradigm of logic and rationalization
Yes, and?
>especially living in the 21st century with continuing advancements in science and understanding the cosmos piece by piece.
At the basis of science is empiricism."Pure" reasoning denies empiricism. No wonder if you follow it sooner or later you come to find the world absurd.
>Within what Camus is trying to address, as far as we know we have no ultimate purpose or meaning in our lives.
Which he based on what? Logic?
>We've come from the Judeo-Christian model of human conception to the enlightened age of critical thinking and Godlessness.
We were talking about Kierkegaard.
>In this day and age, people don't believe in God the same way individuals had to in previous centuries of humanity.
It's not our intuitive perception of God that has changed but our logical concept of it.
>I've always used philosophy as a way to find structure within my reality.
Good, that's what it's for.

How could one affirm life without overcoming one's envy?

>life affirming
>author comitted suicide

nope!