Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems like a meme.

I haven't read it though and my grasp of what the thing is even about is very loose

On my list to read

WHAT ABOUT THIS

just be catholic desu

doesnt work tbfam

the table of contents makes it seem bretty interesting

The tiger
yes
YES

I found Evola's "solution" for the nihilism of contemporary Western life to be abstract and protean. This was precisely his point, however, to leave the content of an individual's law empty, only for them to uncover.

With that said, his readings of Nietzsche are very, very interesting; with regard to Western philosophy, he establishes some foundation to approach Nietzsche's aesthetic as thoroughly phenomenological (Husserlian), if his naturalism and "ubermensch" are properly sublimated. His critique of Nietzsche is effectively that any will to power is only one of many expressions of the vital life, and in the parameters of a localized, "self"-overcoming, it has a thoroughly transcendent character; rather, it must, lest it devolve into self-immolation in the form of gross, mordant "asceticism."

The general thesis is one of a disillusioned, post-war reactionary who sees no rectification of the West at all, but sees some hopeful utility in turning lifeless and nihilistic contemporary society into a holy war for the self. The impersonal, collective machinery, the crowded corridors of consumerist malls and the radical isolation one feels when confronted with the acerbic, sonic waves of aeroplane engines, television, bovine marches of automobiles, etc. can, by provoking a sense of nomadic distance, spectrality, and inner trauma, fertilize the individual disposition for an awakening (much more than any nature-gazing may have in the epochs of old).

The book is essentially egoistic. If one is wanting a manual for facilitating the resolution or birth of a new order of tradition, it isn't the book of his to approach. However, if one already feels detached from all around him, wandering in a foreign land that would make ascetics of the past tremble at its debasing, materializing and elementally "provocative" ruining; someone who sees past the solutions of marginal politics of always a collective nature, the weak existentialism of the bourgeoisie, the Weberian cult of efficiency and faux-authority, managerial madness, of contemporary institutions: this person will find the book helpful for clearly delineating what is to be overcome, namely, oneself.

Having not yet read any Evola, in reading about his books, Ride The Tiger just seems like the most inapplicable of the three comprising the main "Evola Triad" (Revolt Against The Modern World, Men Among The Ruins). Can anybody clarify?

inapplicability is the sign of patricianness

good post

somebody post that poem about the tiger getting out of a cage

What a useless turd, leave the board and read a book.

>not having read one specific book that /pol/ likes a lot means you have not ever read a book at all

hmmmmmmmmmm

YOU CAN FEEL HIS STRIPES BUT YOU KNOW HE'S CLEAN

OH DON'T YOU SEE WHAT I MEAAAAAAN

GOT TO GET AWAY GET AWAYYYYY

It's just alright. I managed to get about 60% of the way through it before I started to get bored and confused, and a little annoyed. The topic of the book is how to act as an upright man in a decaying world. It starts off well enough, and there's some good wisdom in there, but then it just goes off onto an analysis/rant about the degeneration of philosophy and culture, which while somewhat interesting, is not what I wanted to get out of the book. Yes, we know the western world is degenerating. I think anyone who picks up the book knows that. And it is good for anyone who is into philosophy and has read it extensively enough to understand Evola's analysis, but for me it was too much, and I felt it was a bit unnecessary considering the title of the book and its subject matter. I stopped reading after the part where he spends multiple chapters talking about existentialism. Please Evola, I want ADVICE, not more reasons to hate the degeneration of our civilization.

Any recommendations for books that do fit "how to act as an upright man in a decaying world"?

Manly P. Hall's pamphlet "10 Basic Rules for Better Living", the bible, the dharmapada, bhatava ghita, qaran, etc.

That's the problem with Evola, he didn't really know how to become a "aristocrat of the Soul", he's a diagnostician without a cure.

Thanks

"Ride the Tiger" is good advice on its own if you know how to interpret it. If anything I got more out of the title and the cover art than I did from the book itself.

You're inspiring user, wanted to tell you that.

It means you're a brainlet who needs to talk about shit he knows nothing about.

Where do you think you are?

>Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
>so tolerant

That's the case with any religion. If you reject the tenets you will go to hell and suffer. Except the tenets are extremely similar across all religions because they're the baselines for a productive civilized existence. Read Huxley's "The Perennial Philosophy".

>That's the case with any religion
That's a gross generalization.

Not really. Read the religious texts for Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, ancient egyptian, ancient greek/roman, celtic and norse faiths. You will see that they all emphasize the same things, because humans go through the same processes in civilization that are universal and if you deviate from those principles you will be out of tune with life around you.

>you will go to hell and suffer
>you will be out of tune with life around you
goalposts

Good non-argument. Please try to understand what I'm saying without resorting to kneejerk /pol/tard mentality.

take the Goon-Pill, The Foundation for Exploration

Last time I took the goon pill I ended up waist deep in teen poon with not a drop to drink

I have no idea what he's about. For as much of a meme as he's become, I've never seen an actual summary of his work.

>It means you're a brainlet who needs to talk about shit he knows nothing about
So...he should go to /pol/? The place that keeps recommending a book none of them have read on a topic they have no understanding of?

>he still think random, out of context quotes work on the internet

Ride the Tiger got spammed a lot more on Veeky Forums than anywhere else.

It was part of the iron pill meme.

the iron pill is the most wholesome and worthy pill of all

Sure, you can both merrily fuck off wherever you please for what I care.

As for Evola; what a sad, ineffective, decadent sack of shit. Some of my wingnut pals kept talking about "ride the tiger" and "among the ruins." I even used to know one of his republishers, who went on for months about how mind blowing Evola's books were gonna be [...] His books are the sheerest gorp. Mystical garbage, with less substance than an H.P. Lovecraft short story. This is a common pattern for far right losers: William Dudley Pelley became a mystic after his silver shirt legions failed miserably, and the fascisti lost the war. Savitri Devi with her dumb assed dravidian Hitler cult; same deal. Some of the Futurists got into literal navel gazing: yoga and occultism.
I can never take the nazi tinkerbells over at Counter Currents seriously, since they keep gabbling on about Evola. It's like pretending Madame Blavatsky was a serious thinker. Shit, even Alaistair Crowley; a man who was a contemptible waste of skin, and whose followers are all fit only for the wood chipper: Crowley has vastly more substance to him than Evola.
Occultism is the refuge of powerless fools who have given up hope in life. I was attracted to this sort of garbage when I was a pot smoking teenager, because "ooo, spooky, and sluts with black lipstick" -and as a result of knowing about it, I have met a lot of such people much later in life. There is a very common pattern among occulty jackasses who are over the age of 20: they are almost always completely ineffectual human beings. They can't pull it together to shave, shower, learn skills and dress well: they must cast magic spells for sex and money. Instead of reading books by wise men, they read books by and for fools, and develop encyclopediac knowledge from secret grimoires they purchased at Barnes and Noble, next to the sections on rolfing, aromatherapy and yoga. They feel very daring because they'd sell their souls to the devil. Most of them have no soul which is worth anything, so the devil laughs at them and keeps them losers.

As for Evola; what a sad, ineffective, decadent sack of shit. Some of my wingnut pals kept talking about "ride the tiger" and "among the ruins." I even used to know one of his republishers, who went on for months about how mind blowing Evola's books were gonna be [...] His books are the sheerest gorp. Mystical garbage, with less substance than an H.P. Lovecraft short story. This is a common pattern for far right losers: William Dudley Pelley became a mystic after his silver shirt legions failed miserably, and the fascisti lost the war. Savitri Devi with her dumb assed dravidian Hitler cult; same deal. Some of the Futurists got into literal navel gazing: yoga and occultism.
I can never take the nazi tinkerbells over at Counter Currents seriously, since they keep gabbling on about Evola. It's like pretending Madame Blavatsky was a serious thinker. Shit, even Alaistair Crowley; a man who was a contemptible waste of skin, and whose followers are all fit only for the wood chipper: Crowley has vastly more substance to him than Evola.
Occultism is the refuge of powerless fools who have given up hope in life. I was attracted to this sort of garbage when I was a pot smoking teenager, because "ooo, spooky, and sluts with black lipstick" -and as a result of knowing about it, I have met a lot of such people much later in life. There is a very common pattern among occulty jackasses who are over the age of 20: they are almost always completely ineffectual human beings. They can't pull it together to shave, shower, learn skills and dress well: they must cast magic spells for sex and money. Instead of reading books by wise men, they read books by and for fools, and develop encyclopediac knowledge from secret grimoires they purchased at Barnes and Noble, next to the sections on rolfing, aromatherapy and yoga. They feel very daring because they'd sell their souls to the devil. Most of them have no soul which is worth anything, so the devil laughs at them and keeps them losers.

>less substance than an H.P. Lovecraft short story.
Rude

tl;dr

Papa Dugin approved I'm sure of it.

bump

Good post.

bad post

actually considered posting this.

>muh Russia boogeyman

Like clockwork

>Alaistair
This whole post is satirizing brainlets who think like this, innit?
In that case, that's pretty spot on.

I have not read it I've only read about it AMA.

>bovine marches of automobiles

stealing this for my next essay lel

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs

for all those too retarded to interpret.

The dude writes well, must be in academia judging by his writing

You can tell this is dated because 30% or the comic isn't taken up with "my diary desu"