Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: SIDE DISH!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: SIDE DISH!

>Thread 2: Side Boogaloo

That's right: SIDE DISH.
What does that mean? Well, if you can't figure this shit out you should probably stay away from the knives.

Dishes will be scored on the following areas, so keep that in mind.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Remember people, timestamp and unique identifiers. Stop forgetting damn you.

Please suggest as you go, 'cos I'm gathering suggestions like some sort of hoarder.

Why do you do this if you can't taste or smell the food?

Because 'tis the season for fellowship and friendship and cooking stuff then taking a picture of it.
A sense of community and all that shit.

Garlic, Onion, Lemon Risotto
Garnished with green onion ribbons, green olives, paprika (why not) and lemon zest.

Smell with your heart user, taste with your soul.

heya
That shit would be a good stuffing for dolma. As in, wrapped in grape leaves.

-100 for presentation

Link to first thread:

Bump

Another bump

Bro I tried to like dolma, it looks so yummy and like grape leaves, how could you go wrong with the leaves of a grape vine? Can't stand grape leaves. They were fresh, prepped and blanched properly by my dad from the same vine that he makes the family wine from. Grape leaves are nasty. I'm pissed.
But using this risotto recipe in cabbage dolma like a little bitch might be breddy gud. Thanks user.

I've never made dolma, but I might give it a go with a similar filling.
Might as well get some use out of the grape vines cos the fucking squirrels eat all the grapes.
Bastards.

It's weird how the only people I've known to not like dolma are people who don't like dark leafy greens, which is weird because I literally down a bag of arugula in a sitting like they're potato chips. Had steamed bok choi for din-din last night and a giant salad of raw kale, shredded broccoli, shredded carrots etc just now but can't handle grape leaves. Like I said I'm pissed.

One entry down, how many more to go?
Only you can help with this mystery Veeky Forums.

What happened to the real Veeky Forums challenge? With heartsonfire and bubbleburst? This shit is cringey as fuck and forced, every other post is someone bumping this dog shit thread.

Thanks for the bump, I look forward to your entrée entry.

Bumparoonitooni

Get in here bump

Beats me what happened to those two, you're not the only one who misses them.
Still, this is what we have at the moment.

Bump.

I also would apologize for the almost every-five-minutes bumps, but it's the only way to keep this thread from being drowned out by shitposts and shitthreads.

Do you not think that might be an indicator?

An indicator that Veeky Forums is full of shitpost threads that push quality content off the board? Yeah, seems pretty likely

If you want it to have more content, why don't you participate in the challenge? I mean, it's not that hard to make a side dish.

HOF got busy with life and BB turned into a jealous cow.

Beats this shit

And the thread with the most replies is
>show me a picture of your cup.
God forbid we cook food for the food and cooking board.

A bump in honor of this thread's support.
I love you lot.

Welp, bamp.

Fill me in on that drama.

Nothing wrong with mug thread tho. Personally I'm too lazy and unskilled for a challenge, I rather just cook whatever and share it. Also, because of trips for verification these threads too easily turn into circlejerks.

By the way you probably don't need to bump more than twice a day or so.

You're right a about the cups honestly, it pertains, but a challenge just seems to fit a better picture of the board. However even that point is kinda nil since it's a just a Thai roof joist installation forum. As far as trips go though
>Remember people, timestamp and unique identifiers. Stop forgetting damn you.
Trips are not necessary. I could just as easily just have my rose quartz as my sole identifier. There have been many people in previous challenges without trips.
I don't plan on winning, and I haven't in couple or so previous ones I've participated in. We've got until like the 26th or something and I'm sure in that time 95% of this board will have made some kind of side dish with their phone in their pocket that they could have taken a pic with. Personally this (and the short lived roll for a country challenge that I miss) are fun, and I think folks are taking how serious we're taking this too seriously.

Holy shit what a novel.

>doesn't need a bump more than twice a day
>it's already on page 8 again

The only reason I'm using a tripcode is so people know the final scoring is legit and not some fake Numbaz trolling.

Down to page six in the two hours from the last bump...

Forbidden bump

I made my entry, just need to put together the image now, too bad I'm way too busy right now. Also, bump.

Looking forward to it!

Hell yeah!

Bump

Page 10 bump

Sad.
I get it. It's taken me decades to appreciate olives.
I wonder if there's some other way to get that rice into a fingerfood friendly wrapper.
I wonder what it would be like if you put it into wonton wraps and deep fried them.
OR, I have made croquettes with cooled paella. They were really fucking good.

Also, best mug reporting in.

Thread subject should be "shit thread about something no one cares about full of a couple of pathetic faggots bumping"

>inb4 huuur thanks for the bump duuuur

Pathetic