Why do so many people hate on Jordan without reading his material?

Why do so many people hate on Jordan without reading his material?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective
youtube.com/watch?v=t3jwS-94WGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a mixture of people who disagree with his anti-SJW stuff and people who are sick of seeing him be the only philosopher Veeky Forums talks about
It's a shame really because he has a better understanding of Jung than just about anyone currently working in philosophy or psychology

It aligns with their ruling political ideology, critical thinking is the enemy.

>It's a mixture of people who disagree with his anti-SJW stuff and people who are sick of seeing him be the only philosopher Veeky Forums talks about
No, it's that his work has the intellectual rigour of an SJW and he doesn't understand philosophy or his own discipline or specialization. He's not a philosopher: he's a Jungian psychologist who wants to decry postmodernism, which includes Jungian psychologists. Pretty sure he doesn't want to decry it enough to turn in his paycheque or credentials either; even if he did want to be illogical, he certainly still wants to get paid for memeing badly. Are we sure he's not a jew?

>No, it's that his work has the intellectual rigour of an SJW and he doesn't understand philosophy or his own discipline or specialization
I will give you one chance to explain this, I know you are one of these hit and run autists that spams this "critique" in JP threads and then vanishes.
Go on and tell us your incorrect reading of Jung.

because Veeky Forums is full of marxists mostly. look at the "recommended reading list"

> (OP)
>because Veeky Forums is full of marxists mostly
Fuck, you're right. I've taken for granted how even people around me have fallen to the post modern marxist menace. Peterson is even more important to the times than I thought.

People hate you not Peterson

I hate his stuff because I've read it.

bingo
I don't mind the guy, but his fans are insufferable. I preferred when autists pretended to like Logic and Reason instead of reducing Jung to cute platitudes.

That's not true, my threads frequently hit the bump limit. I am one of the best contributors on Veeky Forums, at any given time anywhere from 2-5 of my threads are at the top of the catalog.

At least having a baby's first understand of Jung is closer to the truth than sucking off logic and reason

>Peterson is such a brainlet he fell for the "Christianity is good" meme
into the trash he goes

>user is such a brainlet he fell for the "Christianity is bad" meme
Into the trash he goes

Too bad people watch Peterson vids (don't lie and pretend their reading him) to become flashy rhetoricians, not to learn Jung. The type of autist who liked logic and reason likes JP now. They don't care about Jung, they care about btfoing people who disagree with them on the big social issue du jour. Before it was a caricature of Christianity, now it's a caricature of sjws. They don't understand Jung because knowledge isn't good for knowledge's sake to them, it's just a weapon. I'm of the opinion that Peterson panders to these people, and I dislike him for that reason, but I don't mind what he says or believes.

good goy

Americans are slaves, they cut their pingas. This is against Christianity.

I have to agree.
I watch JP for his philosophy and lectures, his BTFO SJWs shit is pretty tame and not that interesting.
However I disagree that he caters to rhetorically-inclined people, since most of his videos nowadays are philosophically motivated

I dunno jordan
Maybe you should start making your own decisions, and walking your own path instead of co opting someone elses.

You are just like /tv/ posters, asking for consesus on something before they can say if they like it or not.

Seriously gtfo with this shit, and setting petersen up as a victim by posting these stupid threads in /pol/ and Veeky Forums saying the stupid barbarans are drooling at his gates.

I hate anyone with a public relations division. And this guy has it. Which is one reason why i wont give this faggot clicks or read his books that are no doubt deriviative platitudes.

This guy reminds me of steven pinker and all the other celebrity psychologists.

Nah desu senpai, Peterson doesn't even rhetoric. Pretty sure the type of person you're thinking of would be someone who exclusively reads Molynuex's books.

So who do you read?

I don't know anything about him. I'm still trying to finish up with Jung and then move onto Joseph Campbell. Apparently this guy is supposed to be the heir to that sort of legacy. I haven't read any of his works, nor have I heard him speak, so I don't judge him. But I have noticed a lot of visceral hatred towards him by very unsavory characters, so I have a bit of a bias that he's probably pretty good.

Can anyone explain his work to me?

You are exactly the drooling retard op is talking about, you openly admit to never reading him but you have a hate boner for the guy.

Jung split from Freud's modernist view of the human psyche: instead of the individual unconscious, it requires the collective unconscious, suggesting that all meanings are signs of the underlying sigil. As you can see, since you know what postmodernism is, that is directly postmodern. It's not a hit and run; it's something you could have worked out for yourself by knowing what Jung or postmodernism deal with. You are literally too retarded to know what your words mean if you could not see the contradiction yourself.

It's a hit and run because your critique is empty and you completely failed to back up your irrational hatred of JP when pressed on it. See ya next thread, loser.

>point out direct contradiction
>user's too retarded to see it
It's not my fault you can't see your reasoning is as good as "blue isn't a colour because red already is a colour". Jungian psychology is based in postmodern thought, and if you would like to go back to modern thought, read Skinner.

Why do you want to know?

Jung + new archetypes + Piaget + Nietzsche + neuroscience + cybernetics + phenomenology

Peterson was a weapon against myself, though. It's a horrible thing to notice that you need authority figure to validate a view to a degree. I had known and believed materialism to be false. Yet to act like that was the case?

Wow what a genius poem

His fan give me a "cult of Sam Harris" vibe. Both groups really worship these guys that they perceive to be smart and they go out of their way to defend them. I can't precisely put my finger on it but it's very creepy. Men should not act that way towards other men.

Its pretty easy to hate a person who's face is plastered on the internet 24/7 always asking for peoples opinion on him. Like pr faggots do with gaging public opinion.

Seems like this guy is desperate for approval not only that hes desperate for masculine approval.

Everytime one of these threads comes up its like
>Oh i hope user likes me.

Which is textbook pandering.
Which makes me doubt his authenticity.

I don't believe Peterson would apologise to women. Is this a fake?

He's a feminist now.

>Both groups really worship these guys that they perceive to be smart and they go out of their way to defend them.
It seems like the thing you can't put your finger on is aversion to idolization, but it is perfectly healthy especially for young males to have a role model as motivation. Men have always been doing this, it is actually a primarily masculine thing to do. Regardless, there are far worse people that get idolized regularly than some Canadian guy saying "Sort yourself out eh let me call you what pronoun I want".

His main idea as I understand it is that we need to reflect on and articulate the aspects of our ancestors' culture (primarily Christianity) that helped give rise to our civilization and revive them in a form more suitable to our times (saving your father from the underworld). Like if Nietzsche ever got out of that slump. Beyond that what the other user said.

>because knowledge isn't good for knowledge's sake to them, it's just a weapon
I want you to find me a single person who acquires knowledge for knowledge's sake.
We all use it as a weapon. That's the whole point. We learn, evolve and adapt to give us an advantage over everyone else. The only person would not be utilising it as a weapon would be a hypothetical person with absolute control of all absolute capital, labour and land, with an absolute mastery in all physical domains.

Because he makes wild uneducated claims on the internet about things entirely outside his field and sells his academic integrity for an "alt right" Veeky Forums/Reddit following

I don't need to read his material because it's not his material I have a problem with

if you believe materialism false there's better people to make that case than some washed up psych prof from a provincial school

To be fair it's like that with Chomsky or Zizek. As far as they start talking about anything outside their field of study they start spouting crap.

Which claims specifically do you take issue with?

I dislike Peterson and his pseud following but, so far don't have any problems with his assessment and criticism of that Canadian bill and I feel like the claim he's misrepresenting or misunderstanding it is largely ideologically motivated. I watched him speaking in the Senate hearing and him and that lawyer appeared pretty well-informed. I think from his perspective the bill warrants real concern.

If I'm mistaken can anyone please elucidate

Can you explain how Jung is a postmodernist? I've read several works of his and I just don't see anything that supports it. Especially in The Undiscovered Self where he for no real reason rides into the political arena to call communist systems bad and then jump back to dreams.

because you say you hate anyone a PR team, anything popular, etc.

suggest something

not a peterson poem

that he isn't as successful as peterson most likely

But it clearly says - Jordan Peterson at the end, not Rupi Kaur some feminist that posts pictures of her menstrual blood on Instagram.

>Are we sure he's not a jew?
Is he or isn't he?? Is there really no answer to this?

That it's unclear often means the individual likely is. I've never listened to a word Peterson has said and don't know anything about him, and don't really care to, but anyone who attacks postmodernism without mentioning it as an essentially jewish ideology is suspect. Also, when something jewish is under attack, a jew will often jump out in the lead, pretend to be against it too, and assume a leadership position in order to steer it in a direction that's good for jews. I wonder if all this hoopla over this Peterson guy is being spawned from that or if it's more innocent. I don't know. He's being promoted as a kosher anti-liberal figure though, which means he isn't actually opposing anything at all.

>philosopher

>I've never listened to a word Peterson has said and don't know anything about him, and don't really care to
And yet here you are, posting, shitting up the entire thread that's dedicated to him.

>anyone who attacks postmodernism without mentioning it as an essentially jewish ideology is suspect
Is this what happens when you spend too much time in a stormfag echo chamber? How many public figures do you expect to criticise Jews

I asked a question, Steinberg, so fuck off.

Not many, but there aren't very many people out there criticizing postmodernism, are there? So what's Peterson's initiative?

>anyone who attacks postmodernism

it seems like people fundamentally misunderstand what postmodernism is...it's a stage of history, no one "created it". it's like saying the bronze age was an egyptian ideology or something, moreover, half the shit people bitch about as "postmodern" is modernism, marxism = modern, freud = modern, finding trash on the sidewalk and calling it art = modern

Because he's obnoxious visible due to a group of overly devoted fanboys.
If there were hundreds of people on Veeky Forums spamming threads of Herbert Marcuse and hailing him as this kind of remarkable genius day in and day out I'd feel the same way.

Sounds like you're the one who fundamentally misunderstands it. No one said jews "invented" postmodernism, but as it was continually influenced and shaped by them it began to more and more resemble their nature, which is easy to distinguish from European nature. These ideas do not spawn out of nowhere into edgy and weird movements, they are influenced by groups of people and promoted for certain reasons.

>Not many, but there aren't very many people out there criticizing postmodernism, are there?
Aren't there? I thought 'postmodernism' became cool to shit on in the 90s.

Yeah I just had an argument with a guy who is extremely militant against postmodernism. He keeps referencing Peterson. He's thick as a fucking brick, I think he only gets creds here because of stupid /pol/acks slipping through the cracks, crying about 'muh redpill'. I will never understand these people's mentality. Arguing with them is like arguing with a muslim.

Is it? I would like it if you were right, but it seems way too entrenched. It's been woven in to the fabric of the humanities.

Non-white?

>communism is postmodern
user, I'm not sure you understand what postmodernism is even though that user provided a definition.

Communism limits interpretations and provides only one valid interpretation, the Party line, and it's not surprising postmodernists are against that. Communism also relies on historical materialism, which is also a modern perspective, like Darwinism or evidence based medicine. Everyone from the Futurists to Gramsci to the Surrealists are modernists influenced by Marx, but they wind up on different sides of the eastern front. The grand narrative of Communism is at odds with postmodern criticism of grand narratives.

Jung on the other hand thinks things like being psychic might be more important to understanding humanity. Not "understanding how psychic events occur" or explaining it scientifically, but just the magic of it is important. The meaning, the how, the why, the whether or not the magician is cheating or just really an alien from Qarton-II like he said, the objective reality is all ancillary. That a variety of realities are more important than keeping those realities in check to keep society stable like Freud hoped. The Ur-myth doesn't exist, and its descended ghosts are going to keep haunting us even if it did exist to kill the source. The collective unconscious isn't some genetic programming we have, in Jung's view, it's the present psychic pulse of all humanity. It's why he contrasts it with instinct. He's also careful not to draw sharp lines around any of the apparent archetypes or even the difference between instinct and psychic process, preferring to keep them on a related spectrum. e.g.
>Psychic processes seem to be balances of energy flowing between spirit and instinct, though the question of whether a process is to be described as spiritual or as instinctual remains shrouded in darkness. Such evaluation or interpretation depends entirely upon the standpoint or state of the conscious mind.
[On the Nature of Psyche]
Jung's very careful not to make a grand narrative, and used complain about Jungians like they were the bane of his life because a lot of them decided he didn't mean to.

'Muh melanin', just when I thought one couldn't get any lower. Just to let you know /pol/acks are the 'niggers' of Veeky Forums and this board is honestly better off without you maggots.

Also, while I'm mad about Jungians too, why is Niles skeptical of Daphne's powers on Frasier when he's the fucking Jungian of the two?

I've never posted on pol. But you're confirmed for an anti-white, and it's you who is out of place on a board discussing white culture. It's you who doesn't belong here.

Take this shit elsewhere. You're out of your depth

>white culture
>mostly about how ireland and greece are based
fuck off, saxon, we can find ten turks who speak german better than you for philosophy; you are not necessary.

Uh... Ireland?
[spoilers]Find anything except Joyce that Veeky Forums talks about[/spoiler]

I think he is a very good professor. His teachings are what really got me interested in Jung in the first place, and I'm glad he's reaching such a large audience on Youtube with his thoughts for living a better life.

Hardly, friend.

Huh?

See?

Yeats, Wilde, Beckett, Kavanagh, Heaney, Kinsella, Stoker

>he started with Joyce
>he's never heard of Sterne
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH leave

Do they make two of you stay awake in case Ireland needs to defend its custody arrangement for the English language against the British?

>I've never posted on pol.
>But you're confirmed for an anti-white

So we got a stormfag/kkk member here. Yup that completely changes everything. Die fucking scum, you don't belong here, you belong in the same maggot filled dump with islamists and anarchists.

What an embarassment.

The only embarrassment here is you. Go back to the rat hole from whence you came.

youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective

user, you failed the interview for board police, please stop bumping threads with your prejudices. they are not well written prejudices.

Don't know what a stormfag is either, but since you have still yet to answer the initial question about your race, and are clearly unstable and full of anti-white hatred, I must assume you're some breed of hapa. Which leads to the question, why are you posting on a white culture forum and trying to make pro-white people unwelcome, when it's you is obviously out of place? This isn't your culture, so why are you here trying to talk about it?

>a white culture forum
Irish people are not white. Neither are Greeks or the best Russian. We assumed you were here to race mix with faggots, but if you're not into that, literature might not be for you.

You fail in fact and humor, and I suspect, life. Good luck with that.

You spell like an American. You pretty much just lost every argument on this board.

'White culture' as if white people is a monolithic entity. You're not only embarrassing yourself, you're an embarrassment to your race.

He's an American English speaker; don't waste your contempt.

This is a Japanese culture forum baka

This post makes no sense.

White of course means European, which refers to Europe, which is where all the high art the sad mongrels in this thread are pretending is their own comes from.

What a clown. Are you shouting, "You'll see! You'll all see!" in a comical voice as you stare in your computer screen reading replies from people asking you to fuck off?

We sent you to America because we didn't want your genes here. Stop trying to contact us.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

No non-Europeans here are claiming European culture as their own. No self respecting person with an IQ above 70 would side with you in here. If you want to discuss race politics like an intellectual midget that you are, go to the appropriate place you dunce.

youtube.com/watch?v=t3jwS-94WGs

See about what?

So what European nationality are you and why are you hostile toward your own people? Do you know what's happening in your backyard? You must not if you consider people like me your enemy.

>So what European nationality are you and why are you hostile toward your own people?
Irish people aren't white user. :^)

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

Not Canadian.

Actually, that's exactly what happened.

You keep repeating this fable like it's supposed to mean something to me...

>Do you know what's happening in your backyard?
I checked. There's rabbits. Should I be concerned, Americunt? Are your knickers bunching up over the prospect of early morning rabbits like an Aussie?

t. Canadian

Peterson unleashed the holy hell that is leafposters. Get fucked canuck. You have no claims to the great art of Europe

It would if you'd read any of the Huxley dynasty which intermarried with the Darwins and Galtons, or really anything on race theory. But you're American so you don't read. Please leave until you get through Darwin's experiments on inbred flowers and can explain why you were a bad idea with reference to the text. Thanks.

Do you really expect an American to get through even a Roddy Doyle book?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XnRF5zyIKE
Lower your standards, they're basically Brits without an education system.

>white means European

I want whites on this board to recognize these arguments and the misdirection, and see what I did here.

I've for weeks suspected that Peterson threads are full of jews, and I was exactly right. The same venomous jewish arguments over and over, and the same immense hostility toward whites, despite these jews residing in white countries themselves. For now. They're of course about to get kicked out as always happens.

But remember: Peterson threads are jew threads. And jews hate whites. Just look at how they attack and the arguments they use over and over. You can always tell. This is why we have to remove these jews, they are very mentally disturbed people.

Thanks for proving my suspicion fellas!

>American wants to pretend he was being retarded for marketing purposes
Fuck off you jewish American cunt.