/sandwich/ thread

What counts as a sandwich, Veeky Forums?

>pic related
vegans btfo

Vegans have better sandwiches

For me it's

Poptarts are sandwiches

I don't know how you can say that a sub is not a sandwich.

I'd like to meet someone who considers ice cream between waffles a sandwich, but not a sub

A sandwich is two pieces of bread or one piece split down the middle, with fillings inside. A sandwich will be eaten with the opening of the bread horizontally, not vertically.
This is what distinguishes ice cream sandwiches, traditional two-piece sandwiches, and subs from hotdogs, tacos, etc. They're all eaten with the opening and fillings horizontally.

a BLT is not a sandwich because lettuce, tomato, and bacon are all sandwich toppings, it needs a base to be considered a sandwich

an 'ice cream sandwich' is a pretty common thing, though usually with cookies rather than waffles

but literally no one anywhere considers a sub to not be a sandwich

wait, you eat tacos and hot dogs vertically?

Yeah otherwise all the filling would fall out you dingus

I've seen the argument that it's one piece of bread that's not cut all the way through, thus not technically a sandwich.

I eat hot dogs (well rather brats because I am an adult) the exact same way as I eat subs, and tacos in a similar manner (though angled a bit more vertically)

>meat heads don't think pic related is a sandwich
How fucking retarded are you? Does the meat rot your brain out?

You can make sandwiches with non-standard ingredients such as ice cream sandwiches, but if you are trying to be something you aren't such as fake meat, that automatically disqualifies you. No inauthentic bullshit allowed

Also, Burgers are not sandwiches, they are their own class

Explain to me how a hamburger is not a sandwich.
>well the burger
Patty melt.
>b-b-but the bun
You've never made a sandwich with a sliced roll before?

A burger has the hallmarks of a sandwich but it has enough notoriety and history on its own to have formed its own category. People who speak english never use the word sandwich to refer to a burger. it has nothing to do with the ingredients, simply how language evolved

McDonald's always refers to their burgers as sandwiches in their ads/coupons, eg. Buy one sandwich, get one free. It always sounded weird because I never thought of burgers as sandwiches.

>Burgers are not sandwiches
RetardedAmericans.jpg

You're retarded.

>McDonald's always refers to their burgers as sandwiches
>McDonald's can't be used as an authoritative source on what is and isn't a sandwich - because they've literally only sold more of them than anyone else in the known universe.
Amerifat autists, everyone.

Have you ever heard anyone say "I am eating a sandwich", or "I had a sandwich for lunch" in reference to a burger?

Big Bang Theory is the most watched comedy program in the world but I do not consider them an authority on comedy

Just made an eclectic sandwich, a Yankee interpretation of the English cuisine staple: the chip butty
I call it "deconstruction of the butty"

I have heard people say that and I have said that myself. At McDonalds, often, I will say "I'll take a McDouble." and they will ask in reply "Just the sandwich or the meal?" And I will reply, "just the sandwich please - actually.. would you make it 2 sandwiches?" To which they will respond, "yes sir, two sandwiches coming right up!"

Have you never been to a McDonald's in the united states?

Do you ever hear somebody say "I had seafood for lunch" in reference to sushi? Is sushi now no longer seafood?

needs some sort of butty sauce

>Something the poster said
>Something the poster didn't say
>Wow the poster sure is autistic and fat xD

Why isn't the McChicken Sandwich called the McChicken Burger? Because it's not a burger.

Because burger is short for HAMburger. And there is none in it.

Some subs do cut all the way through, but generally they don't