The rest of you enjoyed Candide, no?

The rest of you enjoyed Candide, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3ANMTxGVIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My nig.

yeah, never seen a play of it, did you just google that or attend?

Only those who've read it.

I would love to see the play because I just finished the book. Is this truly Voltaire's magnum opus? Because it's shockingly succinct.

If there are movies it'd be nice to know which are good and which aren't.

I really liked it too but in which of all possible worlds this image related? Even remotely.

does a bear shit in the woods?

Seems like a terrible work to adapt for theatre, the only thing that lends itself to the stage would be it's length, but that's about it.

candide is good for the soul

I remember reading it for a college class of mine and I was the only one who really liked it.

I think it's just the most popular. zadig and micromegas get a lot of love here too, but he did a lot of other works that are pretty massive and candide's popularity outshines. he translated a lot of scientific shit which is longer, but those three are the ones with the most appeal now because they're fucking hilarious.

I agree. There's no excuse not to read it, save for being illiterate or not liking to read at all. Most people can finish it in a few sittings.

Thought it was trite and didn't answer any of it's own problems.

>oh let's just plant shit that'll solve everything

What an embarassment.

>having a simple, earthly life is not a genuine fix

Yes but book> operetta> play.

youtube.com/watch?v=R3ANMTxGVIw

I'll probably never see this live.

Who is this actress and is she waifu tier? The one with the feet.

I'd assume she is.

I never got to it and I'm now outside the intended age group.

I know how that is. Perhaps you're right, but you might not find it a waste of your time.

I can still imagine it having value as its status as an enlightenment fixture, but at the moment I would be reading it just to "have read" it and I've learned to trust my gut on these things.There are only so many Cats Cradles and On The Roads you can subject yourself to. I can think of worse things to read, but I can think of better things to read too that take up as much time.

Lauren Molina. Insofar as Broadway can be considered Veeky Forums.