Which are today's sacred cows we can't critique?

Which are today's sacred cows we can't critique?

Nonwhites and women.

Black "people" and feminazis

white trash snowflakes who are too innocent and pure to go to college and get some fucking skills relevant in the 21st century

Considering rich white judeochristian capitalist men effectively run everything and are easily triggered, them

Animals and robots.

There's a tire industries dedicated to criticizing them.

How much mileage do those industries have?

>caring about skills
>caring about the 21st century

tons

my diary desu

This.

Waaaaaahhhhhh shutting down coal mines will lose them jobs!! Waaaaaahhhhhh!!

Get a fucking better job.

>baldlets

well what are you doing to do when trump cuts off your welfare? dont come to the blue state crying for handouts, we carried you bums long enough, hopefully we can import some hardworking mexicans and arabs to replace you worthless junkies

They're not white as those are usually Irish or Anglo descendants.

I'm not American
>being this much of a slave

Islam
Homosexuality
Free Market
Relativism

Anything else?

How are Jews not here?

Besides the obvious subjects of political correctness, I think heritability in general is a very grim subject in the Western world since all our liberal democracies are based (somewhat) on Lockean blank slate philosophy.

>it's another supposedly empathetic liberal turns into a creepy utilitarian episode
This happen s way too often.

they are only empathetic when they can virtue signal and they score no points by identifying with le inbred hillbilly redneck retards whom they love to HATE anyway

The only answer is: jews.

NAZI NAZI THIS user IS A NAZI SOMEONE CONTACT THE FBI IMMEDIATELY !!

Who could this be?

I WILL BE CONTACTING YOUR EMPLOYER TO NOTIFY HIM THAT YOU ARE DISSEMINATING ANTISEMITIC MATERIAL ONLINE AND THAT MYSELF AND EVERYONE ONE I KNOW WILL BOYCOTT HIS COMPANY UNTIL YOU ARE FIRED YOU FILTHY GOY

Ironically, the opposite of all that's mentioned in this thread.

As
All prove, these things are basically common opinion. Just because these morons can't voice their racist bile in public as often without running the risk of somebody disagreeing with them (or should I say some evil silver spoon liberal virtue signaling like they like to perceive it) doesn't mean it's not a go to opinion for hundreds of thousands of people in the anglo-sphere. There are even entire industries built towards reinforcing their stupidities, aka, rebel media, fox news, /pol/, Donald Trump, etc.

But it's a characteristic of modern ideology to operate as anti-ideological and subversive. Just like how on the other side of the fence, left leaning liberals like to pretend their pot addictions and facile criticisms of religion are somehow revolutionary.

If anything, the modern sacred cow, common to the left and right, is anti-anti-atomization. We see this in both Barack Obama's embrace of blackness and in Trump's embrace of white America.

Imagine for a second an Obama who hated the average black man, who wasn't an uncle tom, but simply regarded his race with total indifference. Who saw his entire life as a blank slate in which he could create a beautiful work of art, that of his own individually. Now imagine the same thing but Donald Trump. A Trump who believed his own force of personality trumped the entire system, who loved immigrants not because of their "unique and beautiful culture", but for the heroic undertaking of leaving those very things behind to forge their own destiny in a foreign country. This is an inherently modernistic view of man, but it is one that's under attack from all sides of the political spectrum.

Social atomization is the true black sheep of society. It's always been like that, but at least in the past some artists were heroic enough to embrace it. Think of the Byronic hero, the decedents, the futurists, Pierre Trudeau. Now, the intelligentsia loves all things racial, the pueblo, the man of the countryside with deep roots. There's a genuine cosmopolitanism that's been lost in the zeitgeist of today. It's a shame too, because we live uniquely in a time where all the fruits of the world are accessible by the click of a button.

Another black sheep is the cult of work, especially hard work.

There's nothing people like more than the underdog who, through their genuine passion, hardworking nature, and purity of heart, manage to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and rise to the top.

Reality is of course nothing like that. Fortunes are generally born into, or acquired through luck and cunning, many great works of art were commissioned from utterly disinterested artists. The snob who refuses hard labor, yet manages to cunningly secure a fortune; the rich decedent born into wealth; the cheat, the coward, the scoundrel, the schemer. These are the unsung heros of our generation. Those who operate with a lightness of heart and humor, who fly on the breeze of their destiny.

This of course doesn't make for good workers, so it's criticized, again, from all sides of the political spectrum. It wasn't always this way though. Just a hundred years ago we can find the image of the Confucian scholars, who grew their nails out as a testimony to their detest of manual labor and dedication to the mind. We see the unichs who exchanged fertility for a spot in the sun. Those whores of Rome who adorned themselves in gold and glamor until they could barely move. All these are hated for the envy they inspire, but the fact that they inspire such envy is a testament to their beauty.

Even the richest people alive consider themselves middle class, while the middle class of most first world countries happily take up the mantle of poverty, as though it lends some authenticity to their existence. Pointing out this pathetically slavish attitude, however, will inspire a lynch mob.

>All prove, these things are basically common opinion.
>Veeky Forums is common opinion

the rest of your rambling is all idealistic kumbaya schlock

Well besides all the bullshit in this thread about racism and sjw shit. Which every user knows gets talked about by each group. There is no talk of STEM fields being anything less than a fucking gift from God. Never besides this board has anyone gave STEM fields critique from what I've seen.

What do you have to us? Give me your best shot.

The idea that pop culture is just as valuable and worthwhile as other forms of culture.

I don't think anyone sees them as worthless. My biggest issue with them is that they view education as nothing more than job training.

>Fortunes are generally born into, or acquired through luck and cunning
the number 2 best predictor for financial success in america is hard work. number 1 is IQ.

Well user I have spent my life on both sides of people bitching about sjw and races. So that isn't the holy cow of today. What I think of the holy cow is when people talk about their relative going in a stem field. People that were dipshits in high school and going to stem got so much praise in my school. Then they flunked out before their second year. I'm telling you user you don't talk shit about stem for any reason. People are on their fucking hands and knees to get more women into stem as well

>Veeky Forums isn't common opinion
>Donald Trump won off a campaign based on frog memes

>anglo =/= white
What kind of earl duke of toffington literally retarded bullshit incest criteria are you using?

It is common opinion though. Look at how Veeky Forums makes the news literally daily while pepe and other shitty memes are literally becoming the defining characteristic of an entire generation of normies.

Stop pretending Veeky Forums is the same secret degenerates club it was 10 years ago you fucking newfag.

And try posting an actual argument too. I can't remember the last time I actually had one of those on an imageboard, but it's been a couple of years at least.

If you had more than a double digit IQ you'd realize I'm also criticizing the "kumbaya schlock", which is just another attempt to pull community out of the atomizing nature of modernity.

Embracing true individuality means transcending social conventions, treating your past/race with indifference, and affirming the individual as the supreme creative force driving humanity, and this viewpoint is as criticized by the left (either as historically naive by historically naive Marxists or a tool of colonialist imperialism by racial bread-boxers like Obama) as it is by the right with their fear of anything new or seemingly cosmopolitan.

My point is that it's more like job training and that it's instantly tied to success. It's a regurgitation of information and lack of individual thinking that the person only does what is required to do.

Ideology: the post

it's true though. just search up "conscientiousness predicts success" on google and you'll see a lot of news articles and scientific articles talking about it.

The holocaust is the obvious answer.

This desu. We're meant to cry for unskilled workers losing their jobs, who have put in absolutely zero effort to actually learn any useful skills.

Scientific articles are just another form of ideology, and it's a black sheep to mention that too.

Want proof? Look up the lung cancer rates in the USA vs France. Keep in mind that France smokes a lot more than the USA does.

Or look up "Yerba Mate, Cancer, health" on google, then do the same search in Spanish, and prepare to shit yourself when you realize that science has proven this drink causes cancer in one language and prevents it in another.

But if you point this out small minded ignorant people will crucify you for disagreeing with the professionals.

Hard work is impossible to quantify, and everyone from blue collar min wage workers to elite bankers think they work hard. IQ is just a gauge of test taking abilities, and is too overly correlated to class to prove anything independent of it.

Your feel good click bait articles don't prove anything but the fact that magazines use pseudo-scientific studies to confirm their own biases and build ideological fantasies.

the hidden social justice warriors in Veeky Forums stemming from reddit.

case in point: read any peterson thread where the marxist filth comes to shitpost.

The fuck, that's easily the most socially acceptable target of sjw-marxist "critique" by any measure

>IQ is just a gauge of test taking abilities
oh I didn't know I was talking to one of you people. I'll just stop responding here

Veeky Forums makes the news because it is such a break from the normal discourse. If you think opinions that are regarded as normal on Veeky Forums are anything close to normal in the real world, you need to get out more.

but muh heroin addiction

Another sacred cow that I hate is how you cant point out that drug dealers are criminal fucking scumbags who deserve to a shotgun blast to the face without a bunch of naively moronic people who "know a drug dealer who's a really nice guy" calling you Hitler.

I'm tired of people acting like these scum of the earth drug pushers are heroic badasses. All the media and popular culture glorifies it and it makes me sick.

It's kind of beautiful how, in a thread dedicated to criticizing sacred cows, you instantly shut down critiques of your ingrained ideology.

>try posting an actual argument. I can't remember the last time I actually had one of those on an imageboard, but it's been a couple of years at least.

That's some seriously naive analysis. The link between lung cancer and smoking is still seen in France. That's not disputed at all. We already know certain genetic factors can make you more or less likely to develop cancer due to smoking. France's cancer rates are still higher than most of Europe.
As for yerba mate, studies have found it may lead to cancer when taken excessively over a long period. As cancer is an inherently statistical problem, this obviously needs more research (which is made clear by any article on the matter from a trustworthy source). There is no contradiction there.
Don't try to project your ideology onto science.

You are wrong about iq though. Saying "ideology" is meaningless since you are arguing "your" ideas too.

the sacred cow of this age is the idea that there are no sacred cows.

we see this everywhere, this idea the we are all supremely unique and see "the truth", where we are beacons of freedom and truth, fighting the oppressor, fighting for freedom. This idea is produced and then disseminated through fiction and art, giving the people of today the idea that they are free to choose. It will teach them to need to fight their oppressors, which of course will be an external target. they will be commanded to fight this threat with abstraction and "become a hero". with this technique en mass, we see "heroes" fighting for "what is right". Instead of critiquing ourselves we will strive to be free externally, clamoring at it's tit and suckling out copies of Fight Club and The Secret, hoping for change. We will become fighters going on a "Hero's Journey". In this way we have trampled on the importance of fiction yet become it. We are individualists yet we act deterministically never bettering ourselves in our own righteousness languishing in our own stupor and narcissism. we fight the establishment yet continue it's progress.

we are living in the excess of our own egos. every step we take forward to ourselves only sets us farther back. we are running in circles for our only oppressor, ourselves.

we are trying to be ourselves, our ego, but we put an outside force, whatever it may be, fooling ourselves, druging ourselves with a false sense of freedom.

we believe there are things externally that we can truly push over, tip over. the only sacred cow is our new idea of "self", a character in a grand fiction. we are trapped inside fiction. there is no individual today, no ego. we are only puppets to ourselves.

fuck, I need sleep.
enjoy a drunk ramble

I can't show you, through argument, what people outside Veeky Forums talk about. That's up to you to actually go outside and converse.

>As for yerba mate, studies have found it may lead to cancer when taken excessively over a long period. As cancer is an inherently statistical problem, this obviously needs more research (which is made clear by any article on the matter from a trustworthy source). There is no contradiction there.

Except for the fact that studies done within the Hispanic world have unanimously found that it actually PREVENTS cancer.

So there clearly is a contradiction.

I doubt you care, but if you know any languages other than English try scanning different journals of health/dietary advice. If you only know English, make use of google translate. 90% of it is the same between linguistic spheres, but there's enough completely contradictory "common knowledge" to throw it all into question.

Another example is the rate of meat consumption in Argentina. They eat a shit load of meat there, without the many negative side effects that are assumed in North America. Why is this? They even have a similar genetic stock to the US, but somehow reality has distorted around their culture.

In France smoking is bad, but smoking weed is far worse health wise. In the Anglo world, it's the opposite. Do the rules of human anatomy change depending on nothing but the language being spoken? I doubt that, which must mean that these scientific studies don't actually prove as much as they claim to.

So you're saying IQ isn't correlated to class? Because this is blatantly false and even supporters of IQ tests admit this.

I can confidently say my ideas are my ideas because people violently disagree with them.

Most people I talk to in real life are racist dickheads, so you still haven't proven anything.

No, I'm saying IQ is not merely a measure of ability to do IQ tests, it is a valid measure of a construct with predictive value. The fact that it is correlated with class does not invalidate it - if anything it's what I would expect and a demonstration of construct validity.