Sunday Chicken Dinner for One

Hello, all!

I recently saw a King Ja/ck/ video in which he spatchcocked a turkey and then proceded to cover it in pumpkin pie spice and throw it on his smoker. A valiant effort, but it didn't look very appetizing given the spices he put on it.

Anyways, figured I would make a solid chicken dinner for myself tonight. Everything cost about 18 dollars if you want to make it yourself.

>Roasted Spatchcock Chicken with Parsnips, Carrots and mushrooms
>Ricotta Garlic Mash Potatoes
>Pan Sauce made from the drippings.

I cheated on the stock and stuffing because I didn't have any crusty bread lying around. See next post for ingredients.

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/chicken-still-pink-after-cooki-157168
youtube.com/watch?v=tJKAQggSs9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ingredients
>2 Russett Potatoes
>1 Cup Ricotta Chese
>Couple Cloves of garlic
>Fresh sage and thyme
>1 lemon
>1 package carrots
>1 package parsnips
>button mushrooms (I just had a few lying around so I threw them in)
>Lots of butter
>Salt/Pepper
>Stock, probably a cup, but we will use less
>Stuffing option, I was in the mood for it
>flour to thicken pan sauce if you want to go the roux route, or you can just use the drippings and add butter with the stock

First gonna cut up the potatoes, I leave the skin on. You can do what ya want. Just keep the potato size as uniform as possible so they cook evenely. Didn't show it here, but I also take two large cloves of garlic, peel them and toss them in with the potatoes.

Oh and the chicken, duh.

carrots next

parsnips next. peeled them both btw.

anyone lurking?

Me

sweet!

the gangs all here!

keep going op

Protip: Do the chopping prepwork ahead of time so there's not 10 minute pauses between shots of chopped veggies.

all seasoned up with some fresh minced garlic, thyme and sage

I'm actually almost ready to eat, did these photos as I was going along, but noted.

made a sage, thyme, lemon, garlic compound butter.

Once the chicken is flayed out, seperate the skin from the actual meat and rub this shit underneath the skin. permeates the whole chicken and makes for a crispy skin.

also rubbed it along the outside of the entire chicken

before getting spatchcocked

all seasoned up

out of the oven

W A LA
A
L
A

not bad boys, looked a little bit undercooked, but temp was spot on.

I would do the veggies separately and start them earlier or maybe parboil them. Root veggies like carrots and parsnips don't lend themselves well to roasting.

>All that pink

thekitchn.com/chicken-still-pink-after-cooki-157168

Parsnips are some mystery vegetable that I'm pretty sure was invented in video games

Also I cooked it at 350 for a little over an hour and a half.

they taste almost identical to carrots, a little starchier once cooked.

they lend themselves well to purees

Thanks for the thread OP, I'm gonna save it.

np man, glad you liked.

2/10

>That kroger plumped/injected with saline chicken
no thanks.You do know you paid for salt water don't you?

y? its all from scratch except the stuffimg

middle of nowhere for work, only thing i could get

Simply making it from scratch doesn't automatically mean it will be good, user. You also have to actually be good at cooking for that to happen.

I think there might be some chicken in there too.

I think it looks okay user.

it tasted good. i think i did okay

Don't respond to it, it doesn't cook.
You did great.

not OP, but if youre gonna talk shit you should probably post something you have done better.

80% of this board is fastfood shitposting and trolling, at least op cooked a decent meal.

>op cooked a decent meal.
Sorry, but apparently you're not allowed to have an opinion without posting a picture of food first.

cooklet confirmed

looks good
the butter compound sounds like a good idea

thanks user. I def suggest it next time you roast a chicken. I'm looking forward to eating some of it for lunch today with some new hotsauce I just bought.

Add seasamon seeds
Theyll keep that grease from leeking

Hows the flavor tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=tJKAQggSs9Q

read
internal temperature is the indication of donenes. There is no blood left in slaughtered chickens. The red stuff is myoglobin leaking from the bone marrow as the chicken cooks and in young chickens there is more of it.

It was good user. I understand people don't like a little pink, but with a whole bird it's not an indication of doneness. Only temp