Frog Legs

My first time cooking or eating frog legs. Picked these up from my local butchershop.

We're doing a taste test for my radio show tonight. I'm just keeping it simple - soaked in milk, then dredged in seasoned flour and pan-fried.
We'll be using an outdoor propane burner and a wok or cast iron skillet.

I've always read/heard that they "taste like chicken". I hope there's more to it than that.

It's just really bony.

How much did that run you? I always like getting the "discarded" cuts of meat because they're stupid cheap and just as good.
I buy about chicken feet at $0.75/lb and fry them up instead of making hotwings, tastes just the same. Just less meat and with knuckles.

Depends on how you make it, but otherwise yeah frog is a fairly neutral meat so it doesn't taste like much on its own.

They taste like chicken you've fed fish to for about a month beforehand. They actually technically taste more like reptile but since most reptile and frogs people eat are farm raised they are bland and taste like chicken; frog like wings and reptile like thighs. Reptile is supposed to taste more like duck or goose.

Got this ready. I don't know whether it's that important to use peanut oil, or if the canola I have is fine.

They're nothing special, really. Sure, it's a fun novelty, like alligator meat, but it's not as good as the more common meats. There's a reason why frog isn't on most menus.

I also have plenty of butter, which I can clarify.

>good OC on ck

I commend you

About $9 for ten pair. I'm cooking up eight tonight for myself and the three guest tasters, and saving the other two for another dish.
I just assumed when I asked for 10 it would be 10 individual legs. Seeing the size I am happy to be wrong.

I got this 20 pounder at the supermarket for $9.

>eating frog

Thanks, I try to post when I can. So many garbage threads these days.

Bumping to keep the thread alive. Just heading to the station to meet up and set up. We'll be cooking shortly.

Can you eat frog legs if you are allergic to fish?

>that tablecloth
Why would you do this

Picking up my buddy. Rainy PNW night.

Is anyone allergic to fish? Shellfish I get.

Also, frogs are not fish.

Got the skillet and two more taste test items at friends' house.

The burner and gas tank. Waiting on the last guy, his car was broken into and they're trying to track the dude down.

People say that, but they tasted a lot more like fish to me.

Gator sausage is delicious.

Building a little shelter.

fuck yeah OC/OP

>Can you eat frog legs if you are allergic to fish?

We have fire!

Legs are drained.

In the pan...

theyre adorable

Not cooking too evenly, but we'll keep them moving.

They smell great!

I have some frog legs in the freezer as well, OP. I was going to make a similar thread, but seeing as you've beaten me to it, I will instead make a Sipboi thread and use the frog legs for a /b/ shitpost

frog legs are better than chicken wings in every way

they are toad legs

No, do your thread. We need more frog leg threads and less sip, "memefood", and fast food threads.

dude what the fuck

Well how'd they taste?

Damn good. Needed to be quick-brined in one taster's opinion. I salted the flour, but they weren't double dredged or anything.
We all liked it.

>stupid frog posters BTFO

>throw into shallow water with reed-less hook
>receive bass, and sometimes turtle

>jew salt

I buy kosher salt for the texture and purity. I'm not even sure what the purpose of your post is.

he's an anti-semite and implying that you're a bad person for using kosher salt

That's what I thought. Although these people migrate to all parts of Veeky Forums, at least most of them stick to the shitty threads.

We are festive and it is Autumn.

It's juice is comparatively sweeter

looks good user, thanks for posting

You do know in certain circumstances according to the torra it's urm, well,......... errrr fine for hurmmmm Jews to kill children.

First thought
This angers KEK

>kike salt
return Palestine to its rightful owners

This is a thread about frog legs. I really can't post a picture of a box of salt without some shit like this being dumped here?

>falling for the frog leg jew

you gotta eat them with some remoulade and french bread.

>Reptile is supposed to taste more like duck or goose
Birbs confirmed to come from dinosauruses, eat that, creationists.

>frog legs
the french are disgusting

Eat it as a persillade

I had to look that up. Good call. I'll have to pick up some tarragon tonight for when I cook up the remaining legs.

>"almond activated."

did your butcher ran out of cows?
I tried frogs, and desu i rather eat good steak.

I eat beef on the regular. Which is why I wanted to branch out.

Kosher salt is called such because it's the grain size best for "koshering" meat, which means absorbing blood from its surface. Anyways, wouldn't it make sense for Jews to sell inferior iodized salts to the goyim while reserving the best food-grade stuff for themselves?

>Kosher salt is called such because it's the grain size best for "koshering" meat
I thought the koshering part was only involved when killing the animal. I never heard of salt koshering.