Arms akimbo

>arms akimbo

>P & V

LOL

:\

>not one cracked spine

Haha you got the best translations!

I don't get this meme. None of my paper backs have cracked spines and I've read them.
Do people really just treat them like shit or what?

Haha! You treat your books well!

did you take a class in 19th century russian lit?

This. Why do people keep falling for this shitty translation.

Stop. STOP!

This is not an image of my bookshelf. I googled "Pevear and Volkohnsky"[sic] and posted the first image I was satisfied with on Veeky Forums. I made this post because I wanted to shit on their translations, but everybody shat on me instead

Stop. STOP!

lol better re-buy all those books, kiddo

you got the wrong translations

i dunno

It's a meme. Ignore it.

1. reddit
2. >putting nabokov with the classics

It's not a meme. Your spines don't need to be split but they should at least look worn around the edges.

Nice shelf user

It's organized by country of birth, not "genres"

le

No one actually reads here

delete this thread

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

bvfr

Which translations are the best then?

sgrrsaaaIt's Winter Here

unironically decent but limited shelf

shut up

life is long jimbo, you've got time to read every translation you want. if p&v is the easier to get your hands on, and chances are it is, go for it

seriously, these translations are turning people away from incredible Russian literature. P & V should be a last resort, if that.

you clearly have a very low IQ if you don't rip your books in half and defecate upon them after reading.

Reading it in the original russian.

>showing off and rating shelves
you fucking spergs

wtf I hate P & V now.

?????

Of course, it's only two rows out of 8.
The bottom is not tall enough for regular books so it has shorties and epic poems and plays.
The row below, not pictured, has the rest of my Russian books.

Thx tho

8korc321

funny how usually small paperbacks (hand-sized books) always get cracked spines, but my big-ass paper backs stay intact even after reading them. maybe its the way I hold them because of the size..

>you haven't read a book unless you've abused it

That's why fakers in Veeky Forums prefers Penguin classics. You don't have to read them. They look dog eared before you even get them home.

Oh fuck I bought a P&V... Did I fuck up

motherless?

no you are fine, its a fluid translation and gives you full context with the annotiations

>no The Adolescent
>no War and Peace
>no Heart of a Dog

There are some big titles missing in your collection.

I have that edition of Lermontov. Read The White Guard and Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov.

Is Oblomov any good? I couldn't get past page 20.

>I need to read The Captain's Daughter.

P&V is essential for Tolstoy if you can't read the original Russian, but I'm not familiar with their other translations. I assume they'll be the best almost universally. Maude is awful.

P&V is fine, only pseuds like OP make a huge deal about "muh translations." All entirely depends on your reading style.