How important is it for a writer to move to an environment that is conducive to his craft?

How important is it for a writer to move to an environment that is conducive to his craft?

If you really like to write, and desire to write, you will write anywhere. If you don't, the perfect writing environment will be wasted on you.

That said, peace and quiet is always nice.

>That said, peace and quiet is always nice.

So, it helps to move away from the city, to a more remote rural area?

I didn't say that. You can find peace and quiet in the city if you're good about it. Honestly, more than anything you just need a decent amount of solitude. You need some alone time to be a writer, at least that's what I've found.

Bump uglies

It sounds like an excuse not to write.

Not him, but solitude has been something rare for me lately. Sucks.

Einstein only got his best work done when he was working at a patent office which charged his brain intellectually.

I'd say it's not a straight path but you'll know when you get there. Maybe just try drugs. Go homeless in another country for the summer, keep it fresh.

This.
>Oh, I'm waiting to write until I move to Paris

>try drugs
>go homeless
Horrible advice

>NEETs detected

I'm 24, don't mind me

I have this problem as well. When inspiration hits me I'll write where I am, even on a bus or crowded subway train, but if you have silence it makes thinking 10 times easier.

Luckily I've been able to figure out a process and I'm getting a little done every day. It just doesn't feel like quality time.

>Go homeless in another country for the summer

Did you actually do this once?

I got laid off and moved out of my apartment and can't find a job and am freelancing. I'm bouncing back and forth between my friend's couch and my parents' couch. The only solitude I have is before bed.

I've got a tiny library place near me, so I can sometimes find silence there. Not always though.

Going to work / the office on the weekends can work as well.

The alternative is to drown it out with your own sound. There's some music I can listen to that I don't find disruptive, especially when the music fits the scene I'm writing.

very

what was this post a reply to lol?

This user deleted his post and re-posted.

thanks

This. But it can be anywhere.

best interview they ever did desu

what?