What am I in for Veeky Forums?

What am I in for Veeky Forums?

Sexist, white, cis gendered males and a Fem Queen (albeit cis) fag had about to take over

fag hag**

>Trigger Warning: I mean this in a completely non offensive way, I'm sorry to all of the oppressed folks if this offends!

statutory rape charges?

>wtf is that cover

don't listen to people on Veeky Forums who'll tell you it's shit just because they hate on the TV-show because it's "normie-trash"
If you like fantasy you are in for a hell of a ride. Martin crafted an immense universe (his world building exceeds even Tolkien) and the story is fucking good (the TV-show is immensly dumbed down in comparison).
Some people will also tell you that his prose sucks
>grease dripping intensifies
but while he is certainly no Joyce it's definitley not horrible and he even has his moments of genius (especially with dialogue) there are some truly epic speeches throughout the series

A good fight I suppose. That was the second time you've tried to kill me, it won't be the last. Attempted murder. Wow. What a rush! Not a scratch, by the skin of my teeth! Call it the luck of the Irish.

>(his world building exceeds even Tolkien)
didn't he put a 700-foot wall and a backflipping dwarf in the first book because he didn't know either of those things were completely ridiculous

>(his world building exceeds even Tolkien)
No it doesn't. Fuck off.
>hurr le lots of names and it's all like the real history omg deep
I could make a Westeros as well - literally anyone could. World-building in fantasy is in 95% of the cases (including GRRM's) free form wanking of names and random inconsequential events onto the page. Tolkien's universe on the other hand was built by an actual scholar of medieval literature (he translated Beowulf and Kalevala) with multiple invented languages(!), all in a sincere attempt to create a real English mythos with meaningful symbolism and a message. You are a legitimate idiot if you think GRRM is superior to Tolkien in this regard.

ye I knew someone would say "muh languages" and ofc, Tolkien has the languages (the languages actually preceded the story IIRC) but I guess comparing them is really apples and oranges
Tolkien reads like mythos (creation myth etc. and a lot of the stories in the Silmarills are inspired by norse/greek myths) and Martin reads like history (the war of the roses beeing one of the bigges inspirations).
But noone can deny that Martins universe is simply bigger and more expansive than tolkiens (bigger≠better, I'm a Tolkien fanboy as much as the next guy). If you'd have read Martin you'd know that it`s not just name-wanking but actual coherent `history`or lore and if you think you could create Westeros (and essos) than go ahead it worked out pretty good for Martin

Wasted precious time of your life

fat pink masts

I have read four books of ASOIAF. Yes, the history in them is perfectly inconsequential. It says nothing coherent or interesting about humanity (unless you're going to read some basic edgy nihilism and machiavellianism into it), so he doesn't have to direct the narrative, he can just make shit up. There's an event and then there's the next event etc. It doesn't matter at all on a deeper level, it's just a sequence of events and names. A canonical book can't function that way, in great art every word and detail matter and say something.

>if you think you could create Westeros (and essos) than go ahead it worked out pretty good for Martin
Success in writing such as Martin's requires luck as well. And he really succeeded because his books are entertaining, not because of the lore.

>literally what you did
>if you do this its basic and edgy

ok, guy

I can't make my mind on his books. On one hand story is entertaining but on the other it's full of shit like "half a heartbeat". i think that he can create decent story and believable characters but can't write for shit

His dialogue is ridiculous, and his "history" is boring and unconvincing. Only intellectually crippled neckbeards find ASOIAF interesting. Fuck, even the title is a cliche.

Boiled leather
Lots and lots of boiled leather

Your friendship drama should be solved, I used to wank to my sisters teenage girl magazines, the sealed sections were my favourite. There would sometimes be pictures of 'real' naked women and i would cum to the thought of them. Maybe a few incestuous thoughts too about my sister reading the filthy stuff they put in those. God i am so fucked up.

It's completely mediocre. I stopped reading somewhere early in the third one, became too much to bear at that point.

>>literally what you did
What?

Imagine if LOTR was not written by a christfag and instead of a Disney magic fantasy you get a blend of magical realism and political fantasy. Truly a masterwork.

>spitting fire
>flames licked the air
>roasting pig
or some shit like that, over and over again, it's awful
also
>breeches

I wonder who's behind this post...

Disregarding any type of comparison to Tolkien, I think it's a good page turner and functions well as a series to read while you take a shit or don't want to think very much. It gets significantly worse as you move on and Dance with Dragons is one of the most terrible books I've ever read.

wy