instagram.com/ololyga/

really makes you think

my diary desu

bonerkill.

i just want to have sex. but i am an autist loner

my diar

Don Quixote

the third policeman

The fairly typical answers you'll get are stuff like Beloved, Pale Fire & Lolita, White Noise, The Tunnel, and the Recognitions. If you count magical realism as postmodern, throw 100 years of solitude in there.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Nabokov.

wabloo swabloo

fanfiction.net/s/5756485/1/Wabloo-Swabloo

>Lolita
Yes and the best modernist book is Bartleby the Scriviner

My faves are V., Look at the Harlequins!, Lost in the Funhouse, The Beetle Leg, probably something Philip Roth and something Barthelme but i don't know what. Stay away from that post-1975 shit

This
Also Gravity's Rainbow and Ficciones

I'm reading Second Skin right now and it's not even that good, I thought Hawkes' prose was supposed to be amazing but he's worse than Gass??

Who tf is that grill

I haven't read that one so I can't comment, but I think you should put it away and start with The Lime Twig. Not because the other stuff is so difficult that you couldn't handle it, but because his talent really comes across in The Lime Twig and then it's easier to see through to what's good about the rest of his work. He really isn't for everyone, though, and sometimes the bullshit is so thick that it even pisses me off.

I had wanted to start with either The Lime Twig or The Cannibal but the bookstore I went to only had Second Skin, The Passion Artist, and The Blood Oranges. Sections of Second Skin are fantastic, and his imagery is exceptionally vivid. Sometimes the book feels too masturbatory to me though, which is something I can generally handle but in this case is oddly more off-putting than most instances of it.

At Swim-Two-Birds
The Crying of Lot 49
Lost in the Funhouse
Pale Fire
New York Trilogy

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra