To both religious and atheist people

Why do you insist on discussing about God? We're too limited by our mental and physical boundaries to even understand such a figure, let alone "proving" its existence or non-existence. If God created this world, then he is not limited by its physical rules and its formal logic: he may even have been BEFORE the infinite of this universal entropy, even though infinite is by definition something without a beginning or an end: and that's simply because such a God is beyond these mere concepts. But we'll never know, at least not until we're still alive, and we're not even sure there's something after death, so we may even die in vain, and never know about it. What we define God is just the aphoteosis of possibility. He could be one or many or one AND many, conscious or unconscious or conscious AND unconscious. The chances he may be just like how we've ever described him in the whole history of mankind, in all its various interpretations, is literally one over infinite.

why did you insist on creating this thread?

Because i felt like doing so

What's the difference between deliberating the existence of God and deliberating the existence of true necessity? Why do people enjoy discussing theology but not metaphysics?

theres your answer

We don't know if God created us consciously or by accident

maybe god wants us to

Maybe he doesn't though

hmm

well i think he does

Good for you man

Btw have there ever been philosophical/theological works that drawn to the same conclusion as OP? I think that such an entity kinda makes you reevaluate the concept of life itself.

There is no reason to believe God doesn't exist with normal logic or that God can't be understood.

If there is an omnipotent God and everything is his will, then God is basically the nature of the universe. As far as we're concerned, He's unconscious on this dimension.

So that means that life is essentially the consciousness, nature is the subconscious. Humans, as far as we know, are like the leaders of life. Closest to becoming God.. and we're getting closer. We're gaining control of the whether etc etc.

Once we have complete control of the universe, we as a species may wake up in a higher dimension as God.

That's the imperative of existence, that is why we achieve and achieve and evolve.

good post

>and everything is his will
We don't know that. What i mean by omnipotence is not one being BEING able to do anything. The point is he COULD be such a God, but maybe not. Maybe he doesn't even exist. Maybe he is in an unknowable state that goes beyond or even below existence and non-existence: it could be literally infinity, or maybe less, or maybe even more.

Such an infinite/undefined entity kinda reminds me of the Dao. Read Zhuangzi.

i've had several reveries that were more sublime and aesthetically pleasing than your OP. don't worry about other people. they'll continue.

Yeah God has never spoken to us lesser beings or even sent his son down in human form for us or anything

He probably didn't

But that's the whole fucking point of why people are so certain about these arguments. We're not debating pure hypotheticals here, God actually does intervene in history. God's presence can be established through statements of fact--evidence, as it were.

>If there is an omnipotent God and everything is his will
God is transcendental.
>then God is basically the nature of the universe
God is immanent.

Choose one.

The problem with using the Bible as evidence of God is that there's no reason to believe biblical accounts are true unless you already believe in God.

He might be. The Father is usually considered the transcendental aspect of God, the Holy Spirit -- immanent. But certainly we can't deduce his transcendentality from his immanency.

kek, I bet you're American aren't you?

But what about encounters with God outside of Scripture? Visions, appearances in dreams, even things like miracles and incredible happenings?

user, I...

>We're too limited by our mental and physical boundaries to even understand such a figure
It's a signifier without a signified. That's it. It's all there is.

>life is essentially the consciousness
Life is essentially cells

>final anthropic principle
pls

It's the unfathomable that forces some people to adapt a certain rigid idea that protects them from the limitations of existence.
These ideas are mostly the source of conflict when a person is questioned with incompatible ideas, it is as though their sense of sanity is tested, while in the comfort of their ego they don't have to worry about these matters.
This conflict of opposing ideas is often the main motivator for people to engage in the discussion even when there is no resolute answer, despite personal beliefs. The beliefs and their probability are not even the main importance of the discussion even though they can be the subject. The subject is just a tool to be involved in somewhat of a pointless discourse that has no winner based on who was right, besides the participation trophy they get for spouting their beliefs and feeling good about having defended them.
It's the nature of the topic that people don't have to make any sense at all and still get to think they are right. A fundamental belief ultimately comes down to the ego, and some people know this which can be another reason to discuss another person's belief: to pity and mock them for their apparent shortcomings.
What truly happens is, on a deeper level, conflicting motivations. Both sides get to walk away thinking they won because they're not fighting in the same battle. They just think they are because they discuss some ideas.

People have visions of all kinds of shit. I guess I should believe aliens have visited earth and abducted people, too.

Alien abductions are just the modern spin put on the old idea of visitations to the fairy realm. The two sorts of stories even share untold characteristics.

Fairies may be real too, by the way.