Why is german cruisine so shit and never talked about?

why is german cruisine so shit and never talked about?

There are a few delicous things like pic related but over all

we have good beers, sausages and bread
but thats it i guess

No one talks about german cuisine because it's shit

Bradwurst and sauerkraut. Thats it I guess

I like german food and never really understood why it gets such little spotlight.

I think it's because in America so many people have german heritage and sausages, cabbage and potatoes are a regular part of their diet so it doesn't seem exotic.

I love a good Zieguener or Jager(sp?) Schnitzel, Spaetzle, pretzel and a giant stein of weihenstephaner. I used to go to a german restaurant after exams in grad school after studying for weeks. I would get pretty drunk and eat schnitzel. It's great comfort food.

Nobody talks about German cuisine because it seems boring but it does its job pretty well. It's effective and tasty, the presentation is lacking in most cases though.
I see OP is a faggot as always.
Zigeunerschnitzel and Jägerschnitzel are pretty nice, yeah. Try Rindsrouladen some time.

Landjager >>> American Jerkey

Descendent of Hessian POW, whenever I cook in the PA German style, people go crazy for it.

Sauerkraut is less about opening a can or jar of it, but homemade, with apples and onions, juniper berries simmered in bacon fat with pork ribs...

Here, something "simple" but awsome: Leberknödel (liver dumplings)

I really doesn't look like much, but if you like the taste of liver then this is something worth trying.

Have some Rohrnudeln.

It's basically what everyone knows as Donuts around the world. It's the same dough but since it's made in the Oven instead of bein fried there is a crust and less fat/oil.

Fellow Hessian POW child, family settled in Indiana then moved south. German and Southern food is a damn good mix.

Still miss my Oma's pickles.

A Datschi.

It's Pancake with filling made in the oven. I shouldn't have to explain how awsome pancakes with hot and sweet raspberries or plums would taste.

The food can be pretty shit, but the bread is god-tier. I'm not a fan of anaerobically derived vegetable preservation, and therefore don't care for much traditional german foods.

>anaerobically derived vegetable preservation

stop

I like German food but it always makes me gassy.

[spoiler]Gassy the Jewies that is hahahaha[/spoiler]

Kartoffelstriezel

Now, this is dish that close to dying out. It's a lot work to make. If you still can get it somewere, give it a try. What is it? It's sweet and unique, if I had to describe it then huge french fries with sweet apple or plum filling would come close.

It's pretty old and basic food. You can really see how most recipes are basically "aww shit, we got nothing but pork, grains & veggies so lets make the best of it."

I'm going to catch shit for this, but...I don't even think Germany makes particularly good sausage.

Beer is good though. Especially wheat beers.

Germans have good food

Northern Germany has good fish recipes tßh.

Schupfnudeln

It's very close to french fries and can be eaten as such with Ketchup. However this one also tastes great with sweet apple jam. It wont fall apart in Soup, but it's also nice with fried vegetables or cheese and bacon.

chicago here, beers and sausages and carbs are all you really need anyway

Rahmgeschnetzeltes

It's meat in wine-sourcream sause. It's very tasty with a touch of high class. However, since it can be beef, pork or even chicken the preference is usually: "The way mom always made it!".

Did you eat the ones in my picture yet?

They are by far my favourite

True that my friend, cheers

It's not that bad, currywurst and kebab are both delicious.

They are called "Nürnberger" sausage

Rahmkartoffeln

This is a side dish. Potatoes in cream sauce. That's it, potatoes, cream, parsley. You can't get enough of this once you start eating, but it also become otherworldly fantastic if the gravy of the main meat dish starts mixing with the sauce.

Sauerbraten

It's roasted meat however the gravy is sour. The red cabbage is sweet and the dumplings are more neutral to salty. This isn't just a meal, it's an adventure!

My nigga, was about to post this. Goes great with german beer.

Saure Lingerl

There is nothing good about this dish. It's lung stripes. I heard it tastes great but by god it smells awful. Don't ever make it at home if you don't want your children, pets and neighbours to hate you.

Blumenkohlsuppe (cauliflower soup)

It's cauliflower soup. It's great, children love it.

"I could murder some strips of lung right now, Klaus"

RIP nose

What you there is tourist food, you fucking stereotype tosser.

Hitler favourite food, even after going vegetarian. Enjoy your nazi Delikatesse.

>Kartoffelstriezel
Doesn't sound that hard to make. I'm gonna try them tomorrow. Thanks user.

>enjoy
I do. It's great.

>Hitler favourite food, even after going vegetarian
One more reason to eat it...

>why is german cruisine so shit and never talked about?

Excuse you and your entire misbegotten kind?

We literally had a thread on German food the other day. It's tasty.

Kassler mit Sauerkraut (Neck with sour Cabbage)

This is best descibed as Yin&Yang. Not everyone likes sour cabbage, however who could belive that Neck braised in it could be so super delicious? It's the good and bad at the same time. An emotional rollercoaster. Of course if you like sour cabbage it's just good and a joy to eat.

reasons:
1+2+3: german agriculture is too industrialized, 80% of the bigcity folks have never seen,smelled,tasted a vegetable thats not utterly shit, you have to look really hard to find good produce thats affordable if you live in a german city.
4: the lack of availability of good produce dictates that food is not adventurous and mostly consists of things that were available during or after the wars, generations of frugalty have an effect on the recipes and traditions handed down
5.The large cheap supermarkets like aldi originate from germany and changed shopping habits for a major part of the population

t.german
Besides that the recipes are good, considering what was available.
i only got into cooking once i found a supermarket that sells good vegetables/meat, shopping at large supermarketchains is just so fucking uninspiring, the same fake ass vegetables that taste like nothing all year around,packaged meat...

geröstete grießsuppe (fried wheat semolina soup?)

It's an easy to make soup. The taste depends greatly on the soup base you use. It's a satisfying dish.

Oh man, this really takes me back. I loved that soup so much as a kid.

I doubt OP could name 5 german foods that aren't sausages without using google. I think this was a low key post to find more german food since he prolly recently tried some. I use cunningham's law all the time too OP, shits great.

Descendent of Germans who settled towns in Texas reporting. German food is delicious, nutritious, but doesn't necessarily have eye appeal. I still cook all the German recipes that were handed down through my family, and everyone loves it, even my friends who had never tried German food before.
Pic related, one of my personal favorites, Koeningsberger Klopse. Meatballs ( more like meat dumplings, really) in caper sauce. Doesn't have great visual appeal, but tasty as fuck. Ususally served with boiled/roasted potatoes, but I prefer either good mashed potatoes or egg noodles to catch all the delicious sauce.

Fleischpflanzerl (Meat Balls)

While this a german dish, I pretty sure every country got it's own Meat Balls and it's not that different too. Everyone knows it and likes it.

oops, I posted a bit too late there nice post. I fact, the most delicious meat ball I ever ate wasn't german but made by an american cook on an US army base.

There is a lot to write about german Bread and sweet backed but in the end you should simply visity a german backery to really understand what it is all about.

> very close to french fries
more like gnocchi

German food is underrated.

Königsberger Klopse are one of the greatest meals on this planet. Damn.

It's me again.
So, do Germans still eat much koch kase?
Just wondering, because this was a staple of all the German-descended families in town when I was growing up. Every family made their own, including mine. Just curious.

Ausgezogene Krapfen

It's Donut. Same dough, same way fried. The only difference, instead of a hole the center is crispy.

Melted Cheese? In my area of Germany this wasn't a thing. However the Swiss are pretty famous for their melded cheese culture.

You can eat it cold or hot. It's basically a spreadable homemade cheese, usually with caraway seeds.

Spreadable Cheese, oh okay then that was a thing and still is. However I never seen someone make it. There is variety of those ready to be bought.

Yeah, I guess in Germany you can just buy it. We have to make our own here, no one sells it. There used to be two meat markets in my town when I was a kid who made and sold it, but one of them went out of business, and the other became more commercialized and cut it from their products.

I wonder why. With all the international trade going on, one could guess those get arround too. Well, if you ever stay in a german hotel, you usually get spreadable cheese in addition to jam and butter for breakfast at bread buffet or room service.

Erbsensuppe (peas soup)

Peas, Potatoes, Sausage. Rich and smooth Taste.

You can put plain yogurt in a coffee filter overnight and make a herb spread with it.

You'd think, wouldn't you? I live just outside a large city now, and I check for it everything I'm in any store that sells cheese, German imports, or delis, or anything related to German foods, and I haven't found any yet. I mean, yes, you can buy spreadable cheese here, but not specifically THAT type.

*every time*

i love german food

That one is a bit grey. It's obviously a turkish dish, however turks seem to only make it germany that way so kinda german too.

At least Germans have enough dishes to make up a restaurant.

Canadians have nothing. They are the worst.

Obazda

It's a cheeze dip/spread. While this a german bavarian thing, the cheese is actually mainly mashed french Camembert. I've never seen a person that didn't like it.

Ending my posts with Nutella.

(It's actually Italian, though)

somebody try schäuferla from franconia - thats the shit

My family ruled Franconia...

name and living place?

>chicken-fried steak
>German

westphalian version of Panhas. america know it as the dutch version called Balkenbrij.

very thin slices shortly roasted in the pan an then put the slice on some Schwarzbrot. ad nothing else
>no part of the pig wasted
but best freshly made. i.e.
>gather family in early morning
>kill pig and most people wait 1 to 3 hours (to exsanguinate)
>everyone has some parts of it to proceed (group building)
>enjoy one dish after another
>quiet after sunset
>rest will be spared between everyone
good ol days ja

ohh shit this playa ain't holding back

That's not chicken fried steak. THIS is chicken fried steak, which you can also thank Germans for since it was the German settlers who basically converted schnitzel to mature tough beef steaks to make it, since that was the main meat available to them.

The Döner Kebap was actually invented in the 70s in Berlin. Sooo...yep german food

wiki disagrees with you

not really. this version of (döner) kebab in bread was indeed a 1970 invention in berlin. (you've got to read further than "kebab")

still made by turks, and I'm not sure why youd be proud of this anyway

this is one of the most disgusting things you could eat on planet earth. absolutely kill yourself if you like this feces thing, as you are most likely not human.
I've tried lots of yucky stuff in my life, but this takes the fucking cake.

posting another one or two..

Essignudeln (Vinegar Noodles)

This is a dish eaten cooled. Noodles in Vineagar and pikled cucumber. This is usually eaten on hot summer days. It's refreshing and a good meal to have when the sun is melting everything arround you.

I really liked Koenigsberg Kloepse. Also German bakeries and delis are a slice of heaven.

>when it gets 74 degrees Fahrenheit

Kartoffelsalat (Potatoe Salad)

This is quite similar to Vinegar Noodles but with Potatoes and usually with leek and onions. This is a side dish for grilled meat and is a must have at barbecue.

That looks like shit tier kartoffelsalat. It should look like this.

Brotzeitplatte (Bread time plate)

This is a bavarian thing and part of Bread culture. Britain got tee time, bavaria got bread time. Various Sausages, cheese, butter and vegetables like radish on a big plate. You just grab something you want on your bread and your good to go. No cooking required.

Is that bacon in there? The fuck are you showing me? If you have steak or grilled rips you want to enjoy the taste of beef and not defile it with pork in your side dish. What's wrong with you?!

Millenials thing a side dish isn't complete without "tasty"-like cheese and bacon cubes in it.

Fuck yes it's bacon, and I will fucking fight you over it. Bacon, vinegar, a touch of wine, parsley, onion, salt and pepper, and a pinch of sugar. I'll take your eyes out motherfucker.

Nope, this has been a "thing" for over 200 years at least. Try harder.

>dat liverwurst

turkish immigrants are actually a big part of modern german culture. Most are here in the second or third generation and since their families are very interested in integrating and ascending in german society you meet brown people with a musical accent everywhere. It's german now to be turkish. It's our thing, we absorb other cultures.

>BACON
>BACON
>BACON
>BACON
>BACON

>fight
You have nothing to fight with, though. It's sad, it really is.

I'd say bavarian food is god tier tho. dunno about the rest of germany tho

There are hundreds of different types of Kartoffelsalat but the nearly all traditional oes are without "expansive" ingredients to to beeing a pleb side dish. You had meat maybe twie a week and didn't waste bacon to but a it of saltyness into a fucking Töftensalat.

Really? So, other than your dislike of bacon, just what exactly makes your piss colored kartoffelsalat better?

So, are you saying you don't use extra bacon fat for coking? That you're so poor, you can't afford an extra bacon slice or chopped leftover ham hock? Mine is just as "traditional" as your poor ass Bavarian potatoes.

I have nothing against bacon. However sausages in germany usually go with the golden ratio of beef and pork, so it's an everday thing if you will. Kartoffelsalat is a side dish and of course you can have bacon as a main. But mixing it together just defeats the purpose of a side, you make it a main dish and not a very great one if I may say.

>since their families are very interested in integrating
My fucking sides, dude. 2/3 of turkih immigrants in the third generation didn't even get a Hauptschulabschluss (aka any degree after the elemetary school). You can hear their ghetto accents even tho not even their parents have ever been in turkye. 80% of them are on welfare and the remaining ones are making "side money" with "used electronics", "kebab and shisha shop" or kiosks.

They don't have any culture, besides a culture of paratism. he only reason they sell kebab so often is so that they can reuse gone bad meat on the stupid kaffir.

Go be a cultureless roach Mischling somewhere else, Mehmet.

It's not traditional in a culture plagued by wars and actual plagues. You cherish meat instead of using it herb-like. Just check out any Kriegskochbuch you stupid pleb.

The only Kartoffelsalate with bacon or Schinken are those eaten as a main dish = the meat has been to rare that they tried to stretch it as far as possibe.

Leave to pinterest, pleb.