Is it Kino?

fuck off

>Kino

wot

This your first day on Veeky Forums kid?

Ok someone give me an honest rundown of this book.
It's memed like it's a shitty tryhard meme book but I've heard from others that it's interesting and also a horror story? That intrigues me.

Give me a decent, honest opinion famalam.

>/tv/ poster
>likes House of Leaves
Checks out

Started reading it recently. Its not really a book you read like a novel. It feels more like you are slowly discovering the documentation of several deranged individuals. Heavily influenced by borges. I think its an interesting read.

Yes. Everyone has to start somewhere right? ^_____~

was gonna read this next, is it worth it or just a meme?

kys

Honestly it's pretty enjoyable. It does have its gimmicks and I think that's what people hold onto as try hard but you just kind of have to give yourself over to it and enjoy it. It's like disliking the movie Memento by calling the memory loss a gimmick.

It's long-ish but easy to read - you could probably finish it within a few days - and it's suspenseful and interesting with lots of Borges style metafiction elements. It is a horror story but I wouldn't call it a horror novel. It's po-mo metafiction. It does range from cringey a few times (Johnny's story) to hauntingly accurate - the Whalestoe Letters are a great example of his writing and the ergonomic text working together perfectly.

It's worth reading, you should check it out.

Is it 100% hardcopy or nothing, or is there an ebook version that does it justice?

It's really expensive.

There is no ebook version due to the way the book is printed.

There should be plenty of copies in used stores for like 5-10 bucks.

You're gonna want at least a PDF with a good screen but honestly I'd shell out. its one of the handful of books like this and it's hella good (although all I remember a decade later is crying my eyes out all night over the letters at the end)

yeah those letters are fucking brutal

In my country, even used on our equivalent of ebay the lowest prices are still ~40

I'll check out the local used book stores tomorrow though

>^_____~

what's your country man

New Zealand

my mistake, actually none of them are listed as used. I checked bookdepository too and the lowest there was $28

Physical copy, user. It's the only way.

ebay has used copies for about $10-15 (american dollars).

thanks fellas, I'm gonna find a proper copy

not sure how amazon works internationally but it's $11 right now for a new copy.