Pie Thread

>tfw someone didn't stir the eggs into the pumpkin pie mix good enough and you have to probe and remove them before eating.

What is your 3 favorite pies, Veeky Forums? Mine are,

Pumpkin Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Mississippi Mud Pie

Other urls found in this thread:

patisserie-cakedesign.com/article-entremet-marrons-et-poires-au-caramel-65579847.html
seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/apple-pecan-bourbon-caramel-pie-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pumpkin
Boysenberry
And, the king, Strawberry Rhubarb

Pork pie

TX pecan
Chicken pot
Champange Icebox

There should be 2 lists. 3 for sweet/tart and 3 for savory.

Chicken Pot Pie
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pie (bacon, eggs, muffin crust, maple syrup, butter)
Shepard's Pie (because whatever you have leftover in your fridge to make a pie with is good in a pinch)

Chocolate Pecan Pie is my favorite. I just fucking love it. I can't even go back to regular pecan pies after eating chocolate and those are still delicious.

My other two top favorites are certainly the cherry pie, and probably a good key lime pie or a lemon meringue pie.

>Apple
>Pumpkin
>Pecan

I have not made savory pies before, what's a good one to start with?

Shepard's Pie or Chicken Pot Pie. There's a beef version of the Chicken one too. Shepard's Pie uses mashed potatoes as the top layer of, "crust"; recipe vary widely.

curry pie
apple pie
lasagna pie

Stargazey Pie

lol

Custard Pie
Key Lime Pie
Blueberry Pie

Key lime
lemon meringue
fluorescent artificial key lime (probably discontinued as I have never found it as a grown up)

i'm gonna go with
>hair pie

TX Pecan
Onion Tart (pls no bully)
Chicken Pot Pie

>Apple Pie
>Shepherd's Pie
>Coconut Cream Pie or Pecan Pie.

Can't decide which.

>Peach Crumb
>Sweet potato
>Apple crumb

In fact there should be no such thing as "crumb", it should be the standard for every pie. Every fruity pie tastes better with crumb and once you have something like an apple crumb pie, a regular apple pie tastes bland forevermore. Prove me wrong.

Pumpkin
Coconut cream
Shepherds

Those are two radically different pies, user. I'm going to need a decision, stat.

I'll just leave this here, take a bite.

Guess pecan is getting relegated to fourth favorite.

Cakefags get out.

Cheesecake.

I'll let him know.

GOOD PIE TIER
Pecan pie

NIGGER FOOD
everything else

Cupcakes > cakecakes

>Fluorescent artificial key lime
What?

cheese product with glow in the dark food dye.

He is me and I am him.

nhaw back in the day you would find this pie that was translucent like a pecan pie custard but bright green and probably contained no real lime at all. the natural born killers diner scene shows it, no joke I've not seen pie like this since early 90s.

What counts as extravagant when it comes to pies? I'm planning on bringing two non-pumpkin pies for thanksgiving and want it to be a showstopper, any ideas?

Cheesecake.

presentation wise? I normally bring breads I make but they're not really very 'showy' for lack of a better term. Does the pomp from a cheesecake come from just decorations on top? any specific ideas? I know google exists but I trust Veeky Forums opinions more than analytics brought recipes

Pecan, Key Lime, Pumpkin. In That Order.

I just made a kiwi blueberry pie. I adapted Stella Parks' Serious Eats recipe to use half tallow because it gives the crust a nice crunch.

As for favorites, I'd say sour cherry, strawberry rhubarb, and custard pecan pie (not corn syrup).

pecan
coconut cream
derby

Have you tried it with coconut? We do one with a layer of silky chocolate, a layer of pecan pie filling with coconut mixed in, coconut pate sable, and a rocher of smooth coconut creme patissiere on top instead of whipped cream. I actually like it better as individual tarts but it works well as a pie too.

If you want a showstopper make an entrement. Entremets marron poires au caramel is amazing and wonderful for a holiday dinner.

A well made yule log is also a good choice. I like chocolate and kirsch. It is very nice and the pink of the cherry looks great in contrast to the black cake and white accents. .

Blackberry pie
Rhubarb pie
Pot pie

Navy bean pie is really good

Yeah, every key lime pie I've seen in the past decade has been...yellow. What is up with that? Sure limes are yellow when fully ripe, but that's not when you use them so the color green fits more than yellow.

Answer is in the OP.

Mississippi Mud Pie The frozen versions are my favorite.

Apple with Crumble topping
Pumpkin
Lemon NO meringue

Do you have a personal favourite recipe for the french dish? I'm seeing a load of french recipes and haven't translated any of them yet.

Also, excellent idea on the yule log, will definitely do one of those.

So far the working list is yule log, Mississippi Mud Pie (doesn't seem to difficult so it's not hard to add in, and the french dish mentioned above.

Any other types of fanciful deserts to make that are also easily edible? I think it would be a good entry to pastries and desserts in general since I've only been a breadfag before

Pumpkin Pie
Blueberry Pie
Apple Pie

Pepper steak, Cherry, and Lemon Meringue are my favourites.

This happened to me once, but not only was there egg, but egg SHELL. I was a kid at the time and was feeling kinda iffy about pumpkin pie already. Imagine when i bite into a slice and hear a crunch. Could never eat pumpkin pie ever since.

1 beef pie
2 pork pie
3 lamb & rosemary pie

For me, it's water pie.

In no particular order
Apple pie
Lemon pie
My daughter's cherry pie

What pie should i make for thanksgiving
Apple, pecan, and pumpkin already being made by others

see

My great aunt travels the U.S with my great uncle, and one thing my aunt does is enter baking competitions, and she uses her home made pecan pie. She's won a shit ton of blue ribbons for it.

I've never been partial to pecan pie, but everybody hyped it up to me. It was probably top 5 best foods I've ever eaten.

>pumpkin flavored gelatin without coloring

Wow exciting.

Apple
Pecan
Pumpkin

pecan
pumpkin
apple

Make ice cream pies with a cookie crust.

Sorry for the late reply. There are lots of different types of entremets. What kind of flavors are you after? Here is a good recipe for the one I mentioned patisserie-cakedesign.com/article-entremet-marrons-et-poires-au-caramel-65579847.html but there are lots of choices. It just depends what you are going for.

Also, the Yule Log is a good choice. Its a classic for a reason and you can make it as fancy as you like. Don't forget to wrap your sponge while it is still warm and then unroll and fill once its cooled.

Sweet potato > pumpkin

Pumpkin
French Silk
>Strawberry Rhubarb
Nothing beats Strawberry Rhubarb in the summer

>have to probe and remove them before eating
Is there anyone more picky about food than Americans?

>board wrecking fake /pol/ frog poster

The idea of a sweet pie seems so alien to me, we don't have them in Australia. Isn't that just a tart anyway?

My favourite savory pies though are:
Chicken and Brie
Lamb and Rosemary
A good beef burgundy pie with chunky meat

pecan pie
apple pie
peanutbutter pie

Lemon meringue is a favorite, and you can really class it up with nice pipework/blowtorching skills. I'm personally not a fan but it seems to do well at events.

How strict is your definition of pie? If you want to stretch it, you could go for a baked Alaska. Fire in general blows normies away, and for a lot of them it'd probably be the first time they see one of these irl.

Pie is the comfiest dessert, I'll try anyone's homemade pie because it warms my heart. My 3 favorites are coconut cream, pumpkin and cherry.

Anyone have ideas for good dairy-free pies? My BIL is lactose intolerant (and allergic to citrus), and I'm already cooking a couple side dishes he won't be able to eat. Last year I made a cherry pie with some homemade coconut cream ice cream, any better ideas?

It's a weird idea to me too (in NZ). We have fruit pies (mostly apple), but they're like forgotten second-class citizens and don't have the prominence of meat pies. Had a venison pie once which was amazing.

We don't go in for floaters though.

What is the top and bottom layers made of? Custard bottom, whipped cream top?

1 cherry
2 blueberry
3 apple

and i like a lot of flaky, buttery crust. 1:1 crust to filling ratio is ideal.

This 100%

1) Pumpkin
2) Apple
3) Blueberry

P O W E R
G A P

4) everything else

l-lewd

>sweet potato (or pumpkin, can’t decide)
>blackberry (have any of you ever tried pies with dumplings in them? that’s how i normally have my blackberry ones and they’re the best thing in the world)
>pecan

just found out the blackberry pies i’ve been eating are actually cobblers after a quick google, send help pls

1. Key lime pie. And I mean real key lime, none of that fluorescent, artificial shit.

2. Dutch apple pie. AKA, the best damn thing on Earth.

3. French silk pie. Sin in a pie tin.

>Peach
>Cherry
>Lemon meringue

Pumpkin Pie
Keylime Pie
Cheesecake

>tfw someone didn't stir the eggs into the pumpkin pie mix good enough and you have to probe and remove them before eating.
so pumpkin quiche?

mitebcool
seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/apple-pecan-bourbon-caramel-pie-recipe.html

1. American Apple Pie
2. Pecan Pie
3. Lemon Meringue

...I grew up in North Carolina, get fucked.

What's an easy pie to make?

key lime
cherry
lemon

Fuck the arbitrary number:
>Key Lime
>Sweet Potato
>Coconut Cream
>Apple Pie if Served with Tea

"pumkin" pie is actually made from a type of squash (blue hubbard), you fools have all been had.

My favorite kind of pie begins with 3.14

Mixed Berry Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Buttermilk Pie

>he doesn't roast his own sugar pumpkins for pumpkin pie

>"pumkin" pie is actually made from a type of squash
Pumpkin is a type of squash you nut.

Apple pie
Blueberrypie (though it has to be made with sour blueberries, I don't like sweet blueberries)
Pecan pie

I fucking love pecan pie but it's so goddamn sugary I can't eat too much without hurting my teeth.

I seriously hope you aren't implying that I get my pumpkin pie from a can

1. Coconut Cream
2. French Silk
3. Derby Pie

Gourd but yeah. It is a squash. It's also a fruit.

I use Dickinson Field pumpkins, which is what is in the OP.

>sugar cream pie
>go fuck your mother

Iirc I tried making pumpkin pie out of cucurbita maxima, butternut squash, red kuri squash, a generic orange pumpkin and musquee de provence. Except for the kuri squash all yielded very satisfying results. kuri was alright too but not as nice to make.

Strawberry rhubarb
Blueberry
Cherry

doggy style is actually the best way to conceive desu

IS GYOZA A PIE?

Isn't bacon and egg pie essentially a quiche?

>recipe calls for pumpkin
>use butternut squash instead

>recipe calls for sweet potato
>use pumpkin instead

CAN'T STOP ME NOW

Butterscotch pie with plenty of cinnamon