How old were you when you first realized that life is a wholly aesthetic sensation?

How old were you when you first realized that life is a wholly aesthetic sensation?

According to my understanding of Kant, everything in nature is beautiful.

Three and a half years of age.

23-24.
Although unconsciously I knew this when I was like, 5. I refused to watch cartoons that were "ugly" no matter how good they were. It may also be the reason why I used to be so goddamn fascinated with diy shows when I was that age, too.

Keep dreaming, boy.

Post your feet bitch

What indicates that this specific poster is a girl?

Years of experience on Veeky Forums

>wholly aesthetic

>not wholly ascetic

doing it wrong senpai

7-8.

At that age I still had fear of power structures and authority but in my thoughts and actions I already knew that morality was a meme and aesthetics and sexual gratification were all that mattered and were the secret motivating principle behind everything. The only thing I still didn't understand was why it was a secret at all.

>he still thinks fetishes distinguish between gender

baby mode fetishist

what the FUCK did you mean by this?

I think its fairly obvious what I mean by it. Asceticism > Aesthetics

Literally 0 good philosophers go for asceticism. You're doing it wrong, Juan.

I wish this thread would take off a little bit more.

The idea of aesthetics completely free of morality combined with OP's pic is making my dick swell.

No one outrhymes me, shmee

Listen here, stoicism is a fantastic ascetic philosophy. It doesn't even have to be ascetic 100% of the time, leaving plenty of room for aesthetics. Its mostly aesthetic though. That's one example my dude.

the aesthetic is a subset of the hedonic desu

>schopenhauer
>not good

Not necessarily.

Daily reminder that the whole notion of the "aesthetic" is retarded and a cancer intrinsic to the modern world, and Kant was an idiot to come up with it.

I was at that age in which i read the picture of Dorian Gray.

Life "is" not a detached gaze at things from within a shell of judgement. Continue reading.

Good goy. Give in to mindless hedonism.

Please everyone read some Kierkegaard. The aesthetic mode of being isn't good for you

when i needed to explain why architecture is my favorite form of art and using "aesthetics" is an easy and quick way to do so.

life is not a sensation but the condition of the possibility of sensation

This. Just wait until the anhedonia hits.

post your cock

That's how you know, but that's not what indicates it.

But he doesn't offer any viable alternatives

ummmm, just take a leap and let Jesus take the wheel senpai :^)

>Implying the religious mode of life isn't the most aesthetic

since I became a solipsist

>he thinks aesthetics = hedonism

>implying you get to choose your mode of being

the difference between you and I is I can interface honestly with what is before me while you have to either wittingly or unwittingly obfuscate it.

What's the difference?

>Being a prisoner of your senses.

Dooyeweerd split the world into 15 categories (though they aren't exactly since he was working off Heidegger), of which the aesthetic is only one of them. He argued that reducing experience to any one area is limiting life itself. This applies even if you merely use the word with a larger definition in mind.

Maybe read about it instead of spending your time on /pol/

So you have no answer

why does zoey deschanel always play a manic pixie dream girl

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

But human art is tens of thousands of years old, user.

Stoicism is not ascetic at all. You don't know what these words mean.

Because she looks like a manic pixie dream girl.

Between 14 and 15.

what does "living in accordance with one's nature" look like for a being whose inmost essence is rational, user?
how is ataraxia achieved, user?
why are all the crucial "indifferents" material goods and sensuous pleasures, user?

...Andrew?

What about Aquinas' assertion that aesthetic beauty is the divine in us recognizing itself in the phenomenological world? I think Kant may even reference ol' Tommy boy at one point, though it's been a hot second since I read either desu...

*apatheia

And hopefully 16 when you got over that nonsense, yeah?

We have the theory of natural selection now we don't need dogmatic explanations from autistic metaphysicians

You have no other means of interpreting data.

same

I forgot that the action natural selection is conscious thought instead of "who produced the most offspring". My bad, user, I should really go re-read Darwin's chapter on why the cup size of American women increased from a B to a D over the past two decades, and worldwide consumption of cosmetics is at a record high because that makes them more capable of shoving infants out of their genitals.

Unless you're trying to imply that physical (aesthetic) attraction to another being is itself the selective force... implying that there's some form of a priori notion of beauty (written in the genetic code?) with which one knows he must copulate. I could buy that!

But... wait a minute... it seems as if... you just treat "divinity" as a substantive for "genetic code" (you know, because he didn't have knowledge of genetics)... are the arguments one and the same??????

pic related.

I don't know if those statistics are true, but wouldn't they be directly related to "who produced the most offspring", as you put it? Larger breasts and better (looking) skin are both indicators of good health.

I don't know, maybe i'm misinterpreting your point. You are asserting that there is some sort of divine inclination within each person that makes them attracted to people and things, completely unrelated to fertility rates, right?

I'm not btw

That's not correct.

only hedonist define life through sensation

21, two months ago; meaning of life is to express, experience and create beauty.