What are some books about strength and courage?

What are some books about strength and courage?

I want to read about people who stood up to the dominant ideas of their society and then rebuilt it as they saw fit

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26257457
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6m53lNTdyPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Dispossessed, Ursula K. Le Guin

Forgot to mention in the OP: no cuck shit. Anything that expresses pity for the inferior and resentment for the superior can't be posted in this thread

great book desu

Taxi Driver

So "people who stood up to the dominant ideas of their society but with whom I also agree". How intellectually courageous of you.

Why would anyone superior rebuild society? They're already superior within the society.

The dominant idea in society can involve placing the inferior on a pedestal (like what's currently rampant in the west). Do you pay attention to the world?

Read a book about Napoleon Bonaparte.
Childe Harold's Pilgrimage, honestly a lot of romantic poetry

> I want to read about people who stood up to the dominant ideas of their society

> Anything that expresses pity for the inferior and resentment for the superior can't be posted in this thread

Are you fucking retarded?

>t. resentful herd-creature

Define 'inferior'. Are you saying that the protagonist can't feel sympathy for cripples, small children or animals like dogs?

I bet you're the kind of person who uses the word "edgy"

I bet you're the kind of person who doesn't have a very fulfilling love life.

My diary

Or, indeed, any persecuted or downtrodden people. If the book depicts a group of Christians being thrown to the lions in a Roman arena and portrays them as sympathetic victims, has it expressed pity for the inferior? Or is this perhaps entirely about OP looking for a book that shits on people he doesn't like?

OP's picture certainly defines the meaning of the word. Radioactive levels of cringe.

>+5 rubles

>implying our actual society isn't dominated by the shrillest and most snivelling strain of Cultural Marxism

If it were, then Trump wouldn't be president. Unless you think Trump and his compatriots are cultural marxists...

just look at the treatment faggots get nowadays, everything has to glorify homosexuality and put it in a pedestal, yet they still claim to be victimised. It's like they relish in their victimhood

read some history on Nazi Germany. sounds like your type of guy, aut-right fascist

How are gays inferior? Don't gay men have higher educational attainment than their straight counterparts?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26257457

it's probably affirmative action

Because only middle class white people come out as gay. If you're white trash or a darkie you're going to keep that shit to yourself.

They must be inferior, or OP might have to scrutinize his attitude towards them.

1) Affirmative action is race-based, not gay-based, and if it were affirmative action, then you would see an increase in admissions among lesbians, but there's only an increase in college admissions among gay guys

2) Affirmative action is an admission strategy, so even if we were to suppose, for the sake of argument, that schools were deliberately shafting straight students in favor of gay men, it wouldn't explain the higher completion rates for gay men

But then what's going on with lesbians vs. gay guys? The effect seems to be reversed for women.

only because they are coddled by society despite being serving no function except that of glorified pets for progs and multinational corporations.

So gay guys have easier lives than straight guys? How? What tangible, specific benefits do they get that would explain a disparity in educational attainment? And remember to cite sources like I did.

woah i must be such a privileged monster bigot, I am genuinely sorry and will subject to reprogramming if neccesary.

The point he made is that you contradicted yourself, how come a masterrace /pol/ack with superior IQ, a truck and a big dick did not catch that?

>Strength and courage
Exodus. Moses had to stand up for he and his people, and become a leader, when he had little faith in himself or God.

I never accused you of being a bigot, you strawmanning imbecile. I just asked you to form a cogent argument, and you're responding with sarcasm. Do you have an argument or not?

WOAH. SO. DIVERSE. AND PROGRESSIVE.

So this is the power of a GED...

>W-what? You want me to provide an actual argument? B-but I only know buzzwords!
>Maybe if I type the buzzwords in all caps, I'll win the argument!

but user, having pity for the inferior IS courage

>he literally wants a "safe space" when he reads books

Are you fucking kidding me.

Reminder that you're all replying to a guy who caricatures the retards from /pol/

Just looked this up, the author and his themes intrigue me. Thanks for the suggestion

bump because I'm actually interested in books that have main characters emphasizing strength (whether physical or mental) and courage to overcome themselves or their issues.

My whole family is from Dubuque.

Who are you? We're probably related.

daily reminder people like OP are literally russian shills being paid to shitpost

im not joking by the way, we've had some pretty interesting insider info over on kc

This. You're such a fucking idiot, OP.

What you really mean is: Books from the point of view of the majority who are trying to make sure a new wave of social norms are crushed and nothing changes.

american liberal elites and their hanger ons find themselves on a world that is changing, a world they can no longer understand. THE SLAV is just a convenient scapegoat, a cypher for all that is threatening and other, a mirror image of what THE JEW is for the alt right.

>the majority who are trying to make sure a new wave of social norms are crushed

I wonder why would they want to do such a thing? Why won't the bigoted white majority accept THIS as their children's future? all my (implicitly jewish) professors agree this is good and healthy, a natural part of every child's development. those stupid hicks I bet they haven't even heard of Foucault

i dont give a shit, i think people underestimate how many users this site has and how small a fraction of the userbase the shills actualy are. spoilers: /pol/ has more unique hits than most major news networks combined.

stop trying to normalise pedophilia, you nambla fucks make me sick

Hell, why can't gays stop to be atention whores?.

>I want to read about people who stood up to the dominant ideas of their society and then rebuilt it as they saw fit
>sticker of current president

what's the hegemonic culture again? you know the people who get to choose what filth ends up on TV and who gets published? The people who defame our heritage while ensuring pre-schoolers are forced to learn everything they could ever learn about 'fisting'? I don't know. But it sure ain't Trump.

>ensuring pre-schoolers are forced to learn everything they could ever learn about 'fisting'

This is definitely a thing that is happening

>you know the people who get to choose what filth ends up on TV and who gets published?
But Trump had his own TV show and his own book. Sounds like he's part of the problem you're describing.

give me the best science fiction you got

Yeah, it certainly takes strength and courage to agree with nearly half of the country. Guided by the idea that change of any nature is good, those brave voters went out there and helped replace an incompetent party with an even worse one.

Trump was just a battle in the greater kulturkampf.The first in what i hope will be a long series of victories. and we sure as hell ain't loosing this war, snowflake.

I don't give a shit what your moral vision for the future is, but be honest and stop pretending to be the underdog. It doesn't help your cause.

"I Just Read Nietzsche's Wikiquotes Page, and I Totally Get It Now" the thread

Trump doesn't do as you described.
Pseudo-Nietzschean, eat shit.
You are part of that strain you absolute Letzter Mensch.
You couldn't reformat a USB drive if your fucking hand was being lead through every movement. You embody weakness in every aspect.

Veeky Forums is by far the easiest board to bait

I for one, do give a shit about your moral vision for the future, given that said vision involves shoving cultural Marxism down our children's throats. I simply won't allow that. Period.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6m53lNTdyPg

>my regurgitated political ideology is so much better than your regurgitated political ideology
>see, i even have obscure memester videos on youtube backing me up

Aww, did the special snowflake get his fee fees hurt?

Said the self-described unique elite (AKA special snowflake)
Eat shit

>Eat shit
Go back to your safespace.
>>>/tumblr/

what's with the recent trend of leftists using the right's own derogatory term for leftists and their practices against rightists?
you realize rightists aren't saying that they need a place where they are free from criticism or politico-cultural others, right?
when a /pol/ack says "eat shit," they're just being mean to you, not saying "stop literally harming me with verbal microaggressions ;__;"
and I've never seen a /pol/ack with a long list of often fancifal self-assigned identity-labels, which is what "special snowflake" is supposed to deride
I just don't get it

>I just don't get it
That's because you are dumb, racist, transphobic, homophobic, and misogynistic piece of shit.
Now fuck off back to /pol/ (your literal safespace).

I'm neither from /pol/ nor a rightist
and certainly not the guy you were responding to
just confused

The reason "special snowflake" can be applied equally as well to rightists as to leftists is because that breed of rightist view themselves as a harried underdog minority fighting the good DEUS VULT fight against some grand conspiracy that's going to tear down society and outlaw the nuclear family.

It's because nobody here actually loves reading and literature. This board is filled with larpers who are only here to try to appear smarter than other people. It becomes very blatant when you look at all the threads that devolve into shallow political/ideology debates by people who really have no idea what they're talking about. It's very sad, and why I barely bother posting anymore.

I thought the content of "special snowflake" as an insult is the suggestion that someone thinks of themselves as incredibly unique (evinced by the preponderance of personal labels) and thereby special. I don't see how a white nationalist ethos fits the bill.

I'm going to take this opportunity to say hello to all the lurkers who happen to see this post. Hello!

They think of themselves as intrinsically better and different (Unique) than other people simply because they're white. They're personal label is that they're white. (I.E. Proud member of the White race) Literally fits the bill for snowflake.

Embarrassing.

I haven't clicked that shit nigga, but I'm guessing it's peterson.

>thinks cultural Marxism is real

srsly people need to stop using this term it instantly outs them as mongos who get their political education from youtubers and radio-hosts

>assuming what my moral viewpoint is
>missing the point ENTIRELY
If you got your head out of your ass you would see that I'm literally helping your cause. Speak truthfully. You're not the underdog, you are the shepherd. You are trying to stop the underdog from killing your sheep.

Stop resenting the fact that YouTube now has intelligent content, you luddite. If classical philosophers had YouTube, they'd have used it.

just because it afirms your believes doesn't make it intelligent. I bet there dozens of vids that explain how the earth is flat or that the gov. kills us with chemtrails, just as you can find your cultural marxism vids and be happy that there are other people out there that share your delusion

Yeah, and Eat Pray Love exists, you going to denounce books and movies too?

You desperately need to read the work of Marshall McLuhan and Neil Postman.

Anything about the Russian Revolution

Growth of the soil
Things fall apart
And beyond sings the woods

Why?

I don't know of any "gay" parts of any city that look like anyone but the upper class live there.

wow oh my god media theory from decades ago. The internet isn't even what people thought it was going to be at the turn of the century. Also, you're going to take sociological theory at it's word? We barely understand how memory works, do you really think we have anything outside of math figured out?

you should post a picture of yourself.

>and I've never seen a /pol/ack with a long list of often fancifal self-assigned identity-labels, which is what "special snowflake" is supposed to deride

To better understand why different types of media cannot accommodate all of the same ideas, and why your cognitive habits are shaped by the types of media you're most exposed to. You don't have to be a luddite to think that you'd be better off learning from reading than from watching YouTube videos, even if the speakers in the videos you watch are intelligent.

that's because homosexuality isn't well tolerated in the lower strata of society, so of course you don't see gay corners in trailer parks or ghetto neighbourhoods

maybe you were assuming all gays are born high class, in which case you're probably retarded

The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. Best bio there is

Nothing says inferiority quite like over achieving scholastically in the United States where all modes of schooling are basically institutionalized daycare conditioning people for conformity. That's not to say failing means you're smart, but it does suggest there's something 'smart' about you, an incompatibility with the bullshit.

I agree with the idea that the form of media influences the style of cognition used by the deliverer and the audience, and that you are not going to have the same experience with a book as you would with an interview or speech from the author. But I disagree with the evaluative extension to that argument where something like YouTube is fundamentally less valuable or less capable of providing valuable and transformative experiences. It seems like a defeatist and luddite kind of attitude.

Turner Diaries, kek

'Muh life is hard'

Tough.

Paper degrees are now worthless as most outside of hard science cannot be achieved unless adhering to the professors status quo.