This is Evelyn Waugh. Say something nice about him

This is Evelyn Waugh. Say something nice about him.

>evelyn
>him
faggot

He wasn't a woman.

next time you make a thread say something interesting instead of filling out a template and other people might reply to it

No, you're thinking of George Eliot

Brideshead Revisited is quite good, as is A Handful of Dust.

I enjoy perusing a thick volume of his Essays, Articles and Reviews.

He certainly looks like a writer.

I want to dress like that.

Brideshead revisited evoked a profound response in me. I can't put my finger on it, but the sacred and profane memories of Charles Ryder will linger in the back of my mind for a long time.

He's very funny and easily bullied into being Catholic.

Very skilled reverse trap.

He may have been an anti-semite, but he writeds good wordage.

His name is pronounced Ee-vuh-lin... unlike my ex girlfriend's which is pronounced Eh-vuh-lin

Fuck you bitch, Ivy League schools don't make you better than me

i assume you're okay with the copious use of the word nigger then

waugh

The Loved One is very underrated and savagely funny, while Scoop and A Handful of Dust are quite simply deserving of their praise, and that's the end of that. However, though it's an undeniable pleasure to read (and I have read the book and watched the movie multiple times), Brideshead Revisited is overrated: it's basically Waugh at his most snooty and treacly, and I think people like it for its picture of a perfect, class-based society, more than for its portrait of the tragic Flyte family.

I figured the Catholics just pretended to like BR for class because the Catholicism hit home and they'd know the shit Waugh got in for his books once he became Catholic.
His preCatholic shit is funny as hell too.

There was a large of amount of Catholics at the time who disliked his satirical books out of a priggish sense of decorum, which they thought was lacking from his works. A Handful of Dust was pilloried by a Catholic critic because they expected him to grow out of his sense of fun.

I reckon Brideshead Revisited can only really be appreciated by a Catholic, because otherwise the ending is fairly mystifying.

Despite being a massive dick and a rich prat, he wrote a handful of brilliant novels.

Wait that's a woman?

>Evelyn Waugh.
> His traditionalist stance led him to strongly oppose all attempts to reform the Church, and the changes by the Second Vatican Council (1962–65) greatly disturbed his sensibilities, especially the introduction of the vernacular Mass. That blow to his religious traditionalism, his dislike for the welfare state culture of the postwar world and the decline of his health, darkened his final years, but he continued to write. To the public, Waugh displayed a mask of indifference, but he was capable of great kindness to those whom he considered to be his friends.

WTF. I suddenly love this man!

Exactly

Waugh? Huh! What is it good for?