Why should I read about mysticism and religion and occult stuff if it is all fake?

Why should I read about mysticism and religion and occult stuff if it is all fake?

Did this guy actually believe in magic and shit? He seemed really smart but cmon magic..?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hmxDvX_i-EM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the global elites secretly follow the occult and astrology for a reason. they love that the lower classes deride it as foolish now. if the plebs all started to become interested in real deal astrology and solar cycles they'd be in major panic mode.

do you actually believe that? I hear stuff similar to that a lot but I have trouble deciphering whether it's a meme or not

This. Only the right balance of kabbalah, crystal magic, chakrah focus and fighting againat reptilian satanic jewish alien illuminati paedophile leftists can bring about the age of peace for white humanity (sorry for the pleonasm).

>the solar cycles are new age bunk with no basis in reality

if you say so :^)

Of course not, it's a scientific fact. Any bullshit you attach to it is new age crap however.

are you saying the rest of it does have a basis in reality?

not him but it's real as fuck

It's not fake. It's more of a metaphor, not real "magic". Think enlightenment, nirvana, saintliness, etc. That's what you can achieve with mysticism.

don't bother: these guys have no interest in doing the reading that is required of them. leave them to their arrogant misgivings.

Throw a fireball at me, come on i dare you

what's the reading? i already finished the first half of evola - hermetic tradition and so far it is interesting but still not applicable

Mysticism ain't all magic and shit. You ever read Wittgenstein? He was full of mystical assertions.

wtf is a mystical assertion?

The purpose of reading occultism, aside from historical and general interest, would have to be a desire to see change in one's life. It has a tendency, in my experience, to color every aspect of one's existence. Once getting into occultism deeply (not even in the superstitious sense) you will begin to see everything through that lense.

It has a similar effect as when individuals get deeply into marxis, femenism, or far-right ideologies. Everything in that worldview begins to be filtered through that lense. In the view of marxism, every interaction in life becomes commoditized, every interaction is economic. In the far-right wing view, eveything is a subversion of tradition and western civilization, the effect of critical theory and judaism is emphasized.

In the case of occultism, you will find an increase in sychronicity, manufactured meaning, seeing the universe as flawed but the intellect as accessing the ideal. Basically it is about seeing the universal in the individual. It has the unfortunate effect of also glossing over all the particular and you will find that occultists will often take broad strokes instead of looking at the specifics.

However, it does provide and excellent way of accesing the "higher" or more cerevbral and simeltaneously emotional capabilities of the intellect. If you ground it in secularism, you can have some very exciting realizations about actual facts instead of about astrology charts and elemental correspondences.

It is real, I've performed it and it has worked.

The Schumann resonant frequency of the earth (dependent on its magnetic field) resonates at the same frequency as the most common brain frequency of humans and other animals with brains, suggesting that we are intimately linked somehow with the Earth's magnetic field. (Note: the brain has a small electromagnetic field due to the electrical properties of neurons)

Other planets also have electromagnetic fields, and thus when they are closer or nearer to us, they may actually have genuine biological/neurological effects on humans.

According to Einstein gravity affects electromagnetic energy (of which light is just one part), and thus the gravity of other planets coming near to us could also affect people.

There are studies which suggest that there are more patients acting rowdy during the full moon reported by aides and doctors in mental hospitals. There are also statistical studies suggesting there are more crimes and disturbances occurring in general during the full moon. Thus, the old superstition linking the moon to madness might be true, and not be based on mysticism but on simple biological effects.

Kary Mullis, biochemist who won the fuckin Nobel Prize for developing/improving the polymerase chain reaction technique used in biology, believes in astrology.

Occultism is the bridge to understanding the pre-modern world. Don't go into it if you're impressionable.

> considerable number of studies have examined the effect on humans. By the late 1980s, there were at least 40 published studies on the purported lunar-lunacy connection,[1] and at least 20 published studies on the purported lunar-birthrate connection.[2] This has allowed several extensive literature reviews and meta-analyses to be produced, which have found no correlation between the lunar cycle and human biology or behaviour.

Sad!

Still fascinating though.

>trusting wikipedia
>trusting mainstream studies made by scientists who want to get funding and thus won't report anything controversial
>not knowing how easily studies and statistics can be manipulated
>not knowing the parameters they used
Ha!

>more crimes and disturbances occurring in general during the full moon

There's more light at night during a full moon, making more people outside and doing shit

pure woo

I think this guy pretty much summarizes everything, to add a little:

Occultism and Mysticism isn't exactly doing magic and crazy rituals, as in throwing fireballs and hexing people, it's more about mindset and 'mental power' (take that with a grain of salt). You would be surprised to know how much you can learn about yourself and methods to keep a good mental attitude at all times, and even if you discard everything as bullshit, there is some pretty legit knowledge in books about the meaning that the planets or tarot cards have, the Kabballah has some deep information. For example, the Old Testament/Jewish God corresponds to Saturn and the Father figure and all that, all pretty interesting stuff that can help you write a book and whatnot.

I feel like you are on right to think that all of it is just dumb, but you are missing on something that can help you through your life, even just as general culture. And if so many people in power and celebrities believe in that, there has to be something to it.

the moon isn't closer to earth during a full moon?

>And if so many people in power and celebrities believe in that, there has to be something to it.
Like who?

>He seemed really smart but cmon magic..?
This is the attitude they expect you to have. It's what will keep you away from enlightenment

The whole point is that it's not fake at all. You still shouldn't study magic, though, it's of the Devil.

Reminder that the Fatima apparitions are 100 years old this year.

Werewolves.

Is there a /greenpill/ reading chart, Veeky Forums? I'm starting to think this stuff isn't so crazy after all.

Still sounds fake.

>gravity of other planets coming near to us could also affect people.

What is inverse square law

Secularism is just being initiated on the terms of those with the power. Every time some pencil necked geek comes out with a crazy theory about the workings of the universe, like the whole-cloth invention of Dark Energy, atheists eat it right up. As long as someone distinguished as being within the academic community endorses an idea its deemed true by the secular minded.

Magick is in its essence a path to the transcendent experience, one possible path among many. If you die without having had this transcendent experience, you are a loser.

Is Jesus Christ fake? Is Romulus? Is Buddha?
The spiritual world does not need to exist to act on the material

I'm pretty sure all these esoteric and occult-interested right-wingers are looking for psychological myths that can change their personalities for the better, and actually believing it is real is a proxy for being able to follow through.

There certainly exist an occult/mystical dimension to everything.
Problem is most people bring their own dregs to the table, thus mudding it up, or what you end up with is people wanting to summon succubi for their own interests etc.

>being this cucked by Science.

Fuck you, no, its magic.

It's all real

Reading about Kabbalah right now, It's pretty cool but I think that you should really read actual historians of this stuff alongside the sources.

Religion and mysticism are all cool and nice but there is no real value if some shmuck can just laugh it off while you agree with him on his joke.

anyone ever read all of these books?

>Reading about Kabbalah right now,

Sorry but isn't the Kabbalah Jewish? Shouldn't Jewish mysticism and stuff be avoided since they are scum that's trying to destroy humanity?

Magic is the praxis of having change occur in accordance with your intention with the help of symbolism. The people who diss magic and honestly believe it to be 'mystical mumbo jumbo' don't see beyond surface level and see it for what it is.

t. long-time practicioner

Any recommendations for getting into it?

give me an intro right now, wizard

Hey user, I plan to hit The Kybalion after I'm done with the Greeks, is it at all possible for me to read Jung's Man and his Symbols before the Kybalion?

If you ever want to become a magical being your first have to learn how to love someone truly.

It's absolutely doable. Man and his Symbols is written for a general audience of laypersons.

Ah, thank you

Thanks a lot, user. Here's a rare Nige for the trouble.

but I'm a NEET incel, someone tell me how the fuck I can do this? I have good looks maybe

the point of occultism is that it's secret fag, u gotta find out on ur own

my best advice is to go to your nearest crystal shaman and ask for a session, then while you're in their case the place and steal all her books later

Read pic related before both

>Why should I read about mysticism and religion and occult stuff if it is all fake?
youtube.com/watch?v=hmxDvX_i-EM

Let big Randall show you the way.

wtf is this new age shit

The secrets of the universe.