Midwest General

Why is our food superior to the rest of the country?

>has it's own identity
>uses some of the best cheeses in the world
>meat is local as its usually hunted
>hearty for those cold winters
>often eaten as group that bonds us together

Why can't the rest compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbian_Exchange#Livestock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who /Wisconsin/ here?
>tfw said that I dislike Spotted Cow and people looked at me funny

>tfw deli on every corner
goddamn i love chicago

>b-b-but at least us coastalcucks have a sushi/ramen/pho/asianmeme joint every twenty feet!!!

>has it's own identity
Yeah, just like every other cuisine. No shit.

>uses some of the best cheeses in the world
Can't argue with that.

>meat is local as its usually hunted
Maybe a little more often than most, but most of the meat I eat is from the grocery store.

>hearty for those cold winters
Bullshit word, "hearty".

>often eaten as group that bonds us together
What? Are you implying that people outside of the Midwest don't eat together? Do you drink well water that gets a lot of pesticide runoff from the corn fields?

Anything can be a casserole if you try hard enough.

I like both, why can't we all just get along?

t. Californian

MN here. I work near the border and find it amusing how many people will drive 20-40min to Hudson just to buy that mediocre beer. New Glarus makes some great brews, but Spotted Cow is not one of them.

>b-b-b-ut m-m-muh N-n-new york style p-p-pizza
Yes we're all impressed by your poverty bread
with tomato jam lmao, neva been done befo.

because California is a fucking tumor
t. Pennsylvanian who lives in California

Madison reporting. Have you tried this yet?

chicago thin crust is the true kino

>has it's own identity
>uses some of the best meats and sauces in the nation
>meat is local because we breed and grow it ourselves
>no need for winter, so we can enjoy this quality year-round
>eaten at tables bigger than your state
get fucked, you flyover cunt. love, Tejas

>barbeque
>a french translation of an arawak word
>'it's our identity'

>cornfuckers believe this unironically

The insecurity, the butthurt KEK

>the name's foreign, that means it doesn't count!
not an argument

>Tejas
>Spanish word used by spics to claim your land
>'it's our identity'

not
an
argument

>import cattle import horses import mexicans import white people import all the words you use in day to day life import your politics import everything but the oil you pump from the ground
>'it's our identity'

You know you're part of the Midwest right?

Shh, let the texas pretend he's people.

>import cattle & horses
wrong, sweetie
>still not an argument
fuck no, texas is strictly southwest

>Texas
>middle of the nation
>west from the original 13 colonies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbian_Exchange#Livestock

Full retard

>horses are NATIVE TO TEXAS! NATIVE!!!

Is this what texans tell themselves?

>touching the mexican border
all the criteria i need, and besides, i dom't want to be associated with Cornfucker McPoutine here
we made horses and cattle better. thanks for proving my point.

>THEY'RE NATIVE! NATTTIVE!

This is what texas tell themselves. LOL! enjoy your turkish-pakistani import

what part of
>we made it better
do you not understand, cletus?

>Russia doesn't know how regions work
Why am I not surprised?

>2 flyover troglodites fighting over nothing

Both of you're cuisines are overrated and shit.

You fat fucks.

go get raped by ghosts you stupid coastie faggot

>Tfw in Wisconsin
>everything is dipped in cheese and served with potatoes
> no Carolina style Barbecue brisket

With you f.am
>Casseroles for maximum reheat potential
>Never have to come up with new recipes thanks to grandma's rolodex
>Plenty of winter coats to cover up the ever-growing gut from poor diet

Life's great!

Who gives a fuck?

Ayy me too. Kill me

There is no "superior" food in the US, its all over-processed, toxic industrial waste assembled to resemble something eatable.

Especially the ‘cheese’
It’s got wood pulp and fiber glass in it.

Franklin's is overrated as fuck. Pleb.

>Texas is strictly southwest.
Only if you're talking about the southern half of the state. The north is fucking bible belt, aaaand the food gets worse.

Moxie was invented in Massachusetts

I wish you uncultured yuro memelords would just kill yourselves already

I’m from Australia.
Your cheese fucking sucks.

Confirmed for not knowing anything about actual cheese from America

I bet you think all our cheese is literal plastic. That's okay, more god-tier Vermont and Wisconsin cheeses for us then ya retard.

This thread is sad.

At least, in Europe, we dont have HFCS, fluoridated water and laboratory created GMO's. The food over here is also way, WAY less processed compared to the US. We also have less additives to food compared to the US in addition to having low-pasteurized dairy products. I know there is tasty and good food in the US but for the most part the US food is horrifying - it really is.

>made with pasteurized milk
Land of the free my arse.

US food is like that if you shop at Walmart. Maybe go to an actual grocery store retard

There's plenty of unpasteurized cheese here. It just has to be made within the state it's sold from.

Shit you really ARE retarded.

>amerisharts so cucked they aren’t allowed non pasteurised milk

Uh, yes we are.... do you memelords even do your research?

>Why is our food superior to the rest of the country?
Because we just don't give a fuck. Everyone else? Gives a fuck. Bitches and pussies.

>>often eaten as group that bonds us together
what did he mean by this?

>american cuisine

Is actually very good

From Kansas City here.
Our food is best. Protip: you can't get better than KC BBQ

>>meat is local as its usually hunted
Not much to hunt out on the cornfield

I used to feel the same way, but as I tried more Belgian beers the subtle complexity of spotted cow really grew on me.

Are you retarded? There are deer and turkey fucking everywhere in those fields

That was before GMO's. Now they're all killed off by the Roundup saturation.

Is that why they're constantly running through my yard now? Those Monsanto fucks

>Not much to hunt out on the cornfield

If the movies have taught me anything there's ghostly baseball players, daughters hiding from their abusive alchoholic fathers, and gangsters in them thar fields.

>wisconsite
>dislikes spotted cow
what is wrong with you
i used to work at a small airport and pilots from out of state would often pick up a case or two of new glarus

Your relatives made better food I guess

>just a bunch of fucking meat and cheese

I unironically love midwestern food. Throw in some spice and pickled stuff and it's pretty much perfect.

Don't forget potatoes

Midwest food is just shit on top of other shit with some shit melted on top of it.

>coastalcucks think this is somehow bad

Don't listen to anyone else talking shit about the Midwest. If you like your own food and it makes you feel comfy then it has served its purpose. I know there is nothing quite like scalloped potatoes, and there is noting wrong with casseroles.

How is the beer in the Midwest? Is there a type of beer that people generally go for out there? I know where I live orange wheats are pretty much king.

>Calls California cancerous as they admit to invading it
>Calls California cancerous as he attempts to derail a thread about the Midwest to be about his hateboner

Seasonal stuff. I'm from Ohio and people often drink the seasonal Great Lakes stuff. Usually it's weaty and heavy. But shandys are popular during summer and spring.

Then why did you come here?

Michigan here. Everything is great except it’s haed to get good fish

fuck you spotted cow is GOAT

maine is a great example of how "coastal" and "flyover" are not actually mutually exclusive

Midwest food is basically just 2,000 calorie meals that taste half-decent.

The only identity the midwest has is that they drink fried Coke and the miniscule population they have is all morbidly obese.

>fried coke
That's the south brah.

doesn't look any different than jap food desu

>nobody mentioning cajun food

Lol the only cheese from the Midwest is factory block cheese and the only slightly better sartori brand. The west coast features many, many better creameries. Pick any style of cheese and I'll show you a superior west coast equivalent.

>just moved from California to smallish town in midwest
>everything is served on tasteless white bread
>impossible to find food with any amount of spice
>literal land whales lining up around the block at local McDonald's
>restaurants regularly serve canned green beans
>extremely difficult to find good ethnic foods
The food out here is objectively inferior

Not midwestern.

Oh also
>visit major midwestern city
>go out to bars in nice area with friend
>people are unironically ordering bottles of bud light
I'd never seen this before. Who orders a shitty bottle of bud light at a bar?

I'll do it if I'm done for the night and I'm waiting for a slow drinker to finish their drink. Gives me something to hold, and make drinking motions, but I don't lose any real money if I leave it half finished, and if I do finish it I don't get any drunker than I already am

Virtually every whitetrash in the south. Driving along any road it's by far the largest volume of litter other than fundamentalist bible tracts.

This I can see. I live in a popular party college town and this is our version of a designated driver.

>Extremely difficult to find good ethnic foods

M8 is there any non chain Mexican joint around there? Midwest has some good ass authentic mexican places if you know where to look.

>Texas
>Midwest
Yeah and Florida is west coast.

Unfortunately no. I actually had some pretty good Mexican food when I visited Memphis, so I believe you. Nothing can top the 24/7 access to top-tier Mexican food that can be found in Southern California tho

As a wise man from a thread not long ago said, the tenderloin is Indiana's.

I've never been to the West Coast. How is the food out there forreal? I've always appreciated a good, hot, cheap meal like I get at the mom and pop places around here.

Depends where you are, but for the most part very good with lots of different options. It can be pricey, but Mexican is always the go to if you want something cheap and filling. I miss burritos badly. This meme is actually pretty spot on. You're more likely to find a $15 Poke place or organic burger joint that serves "real sugar" soda than you are the type of mom and pop place that I think you're talking about, but again depends where you are. There's a big microbrew scene too in most majors cities put west which isn't my thing but its pretty popular. I think the biggest difference I've noticed is just fewer options where I am (lots of bar/grill fried food), but that's probably also because I moved from a major city to a smaller town

Fair food frequently; like funnel-cake and sometimes taffy. Oh do I miss the water-gun games, dart throwing, box or hammer hitting, and roller-coaster-like BS. And the fishing for pets.

Not wisconsin, but I take regulars drive up there from Chicago to get me my cheese and spotted cow. Mars cheese castle is only like 40 minutes away from me.

Yeah Mom and Pop places here in my town are just that. Granddad opened the place and that's his grandson working the grill with grandma's recipes type of stuff. It's not meant to be a business gimmick just they want to run the family business in peace.

There's only like four restaurants in town and three of them are mom/pop styled.

A Mexican joint called Best Burrito
More of a chicken shack called Donna's Diner
And a breakfast/dinner diner that has a second location the next town over.

Shit is good and you can always go over to KC since it's a short drive for all your BBQ restaurants like Jack Stack and Gates

Reminder of where the midwest actually is.

Really? Ohio?

what else would it be? Northeast?

Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois belong in the Hell section. California, Louisiana, and Florida belong in the 'Fall into the Ocean' section.

If you don't border a Great Lake, you are not the midwest. Except Iowa, they kind of count

Ohio is a weird no man's land taking all of the worst features of the Midwest, the south and the northeast