Bread

What kinds of bread does Veeky Forums like? What do you do with it?

This is unironically the rarest merchant I've ever seen.

It's a good one.

Nice dubs

White normie bread

any rye niggas here?

Sourdough

i bake my own bread -- started about 6 months ago with regular yeast. but now i've got two different happy and healthy sourdough starters, so i've been baking with those. i usually just make boules in my dutch oven, but i'm looking to invest in a baking stone so i can expand to different kinds of bread

Rye is the master race of bread

Sneaky bread

wew, good eye

Triples confirm

bit of cheeky rye posting. feel free to join in

Fresh hot parmesan Italian bread. Used to live next to a bakery when I was a kid. They used to give me fresh bread whenever I asked cause they liked my aunt. For the life of me I cant find an exact name for bread that had little bits of meat embedded in it, pretty sure they were tiny spam chunks but it was pretty good.

my favorite kind of bread is any kind i make myself

This bread is my shit like it's like 10% seeds and nuts.

I must've been a pigeon in a past life...

What is the cloth for? What kind of metal is that pan on the bottom?

it's a linen cloth lining a fine mesh colander. i only have one actual banneton/brotform proofing basket right now, so i just put the linen liner it came with into a comparably sized fine colander.
the effect is the same -- you want to proof the dough in a way that doesn't let the gluten structures you've worked so hard to build collapse, and the liner and banneton both help to whisk away a bit of the moisture from the skin of the shaped loaves.

i dust both the banneton and the linen liner with a 50/50 mixture of rice flour and regular flour. the rice flour is VITAL to keep the proofing dough from sticking.

It's so soft, but also dense and chewy.

Pretty sure it's just cake flour/pure starch with added gluten.

Why not just use a regular oven. I started buying baked bread from Walmart rather than loaves. Is there a difference between mine and yours?

I actually made bread for the first time today. The dough stuck to the banneton when I tried to flip it over and I had to wing it. It came out terrible.
Am I supposed to use more flour before transferring it to the banneton, or is it some other reason?

I want to make bread out of ground bones for the lulz but I don't know where to start

i make all my own bread.
I ferment wheat flour, then knead in bread flour, anise, caraway, some oil, salt, ady, and that's it.

Rye, sliced Auschwitz thin.

Weltmeisterbrot. A rye bread with poppy seeds, and sunflower seeds. Great shit, tastes well with sweet stuff as well as with sausages, cheese and pretty much everything-

yeah, dust your banneton really well with a 50/50 mixture of regular and rice flours!