Over a century later and Nietzsche is still the most penetratingly, overbearingly insightful man in philosophy...

Over a century later and Nietzsche is still the most penetratingly, overbearingly insightful man in philosophy. When will we see the rise of another such individual you think?

I've never read him. What was so insightful about his writing? Do you have an example of an insightful statement he made? (I actually do like the quote in the picture)

Go read him.

Couldn't you turn that quote inside out and say that the interpretation that prevails IS the true interpretation, and that the truth is precisely what makes it powerful?

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm Heeeere.

You just can't not love this guy

That makes no sense

Cult of personality doesn't exist in the same way after the emergence of mass media. It's a question of how much the internet is hobbled for financial interests in the future. If it is another Nietzsche will surely exist.

Truth has sense only in the present of axioms. Who state the axioms is the powerful man.

If you haven't overcame Nietzsche by the time you graduated high school then you are 100% pleb

The cause of Nietzsche's success in the internet age is unknown, but some indicators point to a dopamine-like chemical that produces the sensation of experiencing something profound or groundbreaking. When they read one of Nietzsche's books, the young pseud is overwhelmed by vacuous quotes dressed up with existential or powerful language, and since they have no ability to distinguish quality their brain is flooded with this chemical. Side effects: watching School of Life videos, reading the Wikipedia page on existentialism, posting shit threads on Veeky Forums

Did you just diagnose me, user?

It does if you believe that truth has a fundamentally transcendent quality.

Yes

>The cause of Nietzsche's success in the internet age is unknown
The internet age? He has been an influential and commonly discussed philosopher since his death. In the same year he died, a Japanese professor started a course on his books. His thought contributed to the culmination of Nazism, and after WWII, he became quite possibly the most talked about philosopher since Plato.

But he didn't take the final step of accepting nihilism. And why? Because he was too smart. Too smart for the truth. As a human being, he was bored by the /dumbness/ of the truth, which is the meaninglessness of human endeavour.

In this way, Nietzsche falls short of the truth. He commands himself to fall short of it, because being human, it rightly terrifies him. And in exactly this way, he fails at the philosopher's first object, which is the truth. I am therefore better and smarter than Nietzsche, because being dumber than him, I can actually stand it whereas he, being smarter, could not. Criminals can stand it. All his wrestlings, all his academic apologists, all for nothing.

Not that it matters.

>dumbdumb
>thinks cosmos is a lie
>doesn't realize the nihilistic chaos conceals a greater cosmos to the philosopher who is carried as far as desire can take him

I'm new to Veeky Forums and I wanna read some Neitzsche but the wiki says start with the Greeks...should I do the Greeks and the read Neitzsche or just read him own anyways?

yes, my disry desu

START

start with the greeks faggot

Alright will do! I used to love Greek mythology as a kid

>The cause of Nietzsche's success in the internet age is unknown, but some indicators point to a dopamine-like chemical
t. materialist

nietzsche was a straight up naturalist who talked about the influence of physiology (and climate and diet) on ideology PSEUD

>Be faggot
>Don't start with the greeks
>Read Neetzsche
>Read through dense as fuck book about why Plato was a faggot
>end up reading through the Greeks so you understand what the hell you're reading.

If you refuse to listen to Veeky Forums reading Neetzsche is a really good way to understand why you're retarded for not starting with the Greeks.

I honestly think you can get away with just reading The Republic if you really want to jump straight into reading Beyond Good and Evil. A little understanding on Kant's basic assumptions would be helpful too.

He was a giant faggot and only edgy types (left and right wingers both) quote him.

>nietzsche was a straight up naturalist who talked about the influence of physiology (and climate and diet) on ideology PSEUD

because if there's anything nietzsche stood for, it's materialist reductionism

Never, our current society worships pop culture not nerds.

Reading Nietzsche before the Greeks will give you all sorts of mistaken ideas about them.

faggot virgin

This. Euripides is actually shit, but other than that don't take him that seriously on literature.