The Foundation for Exploration

Is there any doubt that a large-scale all-encompassing societal revolution of the mind and everything is needed in order to save the species from a slow and painful extinction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bo5MLolgMWk
youtube.com/watch?v=VPsyynjHpbY
youtube.com/watch?v=IFPwm0e_K98
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

or from a real quick one

GOONHEADS GTFIH

posting goon tunes and gooncore

youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY

youtube.com/watch?v=Bo5MLolgMWk

Goonan, how does it feel to be straddling the edge of becoming a Veeky Forums meme?

goonan do u like nick land

GOOD

Yes I did see that thread.

I've seen his face a few times but never took the leap into seeing what he was about. Give me a second.

Land v. Goonan debate when

I'm down
I am like the polar opposite of his edginess and nihilism, although I bet we agree on a lot of the core areas of the failings of our society. He appears to want to accept and further the destructiveness of society.. My philosophy is straightforward: Every individual must stop being destructive and build life to its greatest potential in order for people to continue to survive and be happy in doing so. I continue on to say basically "here is what is destructive to happiness and life, here is what is anti-destructive".

Who else GoonSquad here?

bump

GTFO Goon
nobody cares for you deluded crap

goonan do u believe in god

Higher powers must have created human beings along with the framework for our existence- being that we have free will in a meaningless existence with an underlying biology and level of consciousness (or the conditions for pre-human organisms to develop higher and higher levels of consciousness). But I do not believe that there is a God that "Judges" human beings or has any control over us anymore. The conditions have been set, the future is unknown, we have the free will and ability to create our own existence in real time continuously to forge a future like a spark igniting and traveling along an oil soaked rope. We decide what is "Right" or "Wrong" depending on what values we decide our best. Some create values that are simply best for their own individual self, others recognize that collective values are even better in order to come around to them and make life better for all. What I personally say is right or wrong is what is destructive to life, or what builds life up for survival and true happiness. I believe that true happiness is a feeling of true contentment with being alive, and wanting to further the species on for generations and generations.

ok good answer

talk about ayn rand icycalm nietzsche and jordan peterson

A wolf ends the life of a deer. The corpse putrifies and gives life to numberless microfauna, a myriad of insects and those organisms are then eaten by others and so on leading to higher biodiversity. Death is an integral part of life and so, considering that the earth and human life are not the sole purpose of the entire universe, that our species and planet are in fact a part of the greater cosmological ecosystem, is it not impossible to assume that perhaps the destruction of our species and even of our planet could play a role similar to that of the deer's corpse? Remember matter is neither created nor destroyed and our entire planet and solar system were formed at one time by the floating debris of the great destruction which occurred at the very beginning of this era.

Ayn Rand- Philosophy with no spiritual core with destructive excessive power-seeking and selfishness. Is right that people need a strong drive to create and build, but by saying that the only people with this drive are the oligarchs of giant corporations that most likely prop themselves up by subjecting their workers to shit lives is wrong.

Icycalm- no idea who that is.

Nietzsche- He has inspired me a lot, as he has done for a lot of people, but I find that people view his philosophy as a way to again- be excessive power-seekers and selfish. My philosophy is very similar to his overcoming of nihilism with the will to power, but instead of trying to obtain all power (with its destructive effects on the people around you and society), I say that a person must cultivate a balanced striving for power in the "right" areas and ways. People must recognize the core reasons for their feelings of powerlessness and use various methods that at their core boil down to wonder, understanding, self-control, courage, and humor to alleviate the powerlessness.

Jordan Peterson- I have purposely not looked into his work or videos or ideas because I believe he is sort of a hack with tons of shills working for him that constantly post his face on these boards. I bet I would like his philosophy because it seems to be anti-sjw, anti-politically correct, and seems to be about stoicism and being the best version of oneself. I guarantee my book is 1000x better than any of his work. (Yes I know I am a hypocrite by basically shilling my own book myself, but I believe I have truly revolutionary ideas that need to get out and I am selling my book for $4 right now meaning I don't get any money.)

I don't like these self-loathing we-are-worthless-nothings kind of beliefs. As of now from our own perspective we are something special and if we decide that we want to survive as a species, and we have the ability to survive as a species, then we should do so (Taking into consideration that our survival should not mean the destruction of all other life on our planet).

spook city

2 for 2

the goonfire rises

last question

you are in a bar and requests are being taken for jukebox tunes

it's your turn

post a goon-approved piece of music

I didn't say that we were worthless I meant that our value might be realized in our destruction. And since the extinction of our species is a mathematical certainty it would seem it has to be that way.

What defines human beings at our core is our inherent powerlessnesses, we are not God. If we did have all power we would exist completely differently, but you can say that any being that is not an all-powerful all-knowing God exists in somewhat of the same conditions as we do. What arises from our powerlessness is feelings of destructiveness towards life. We can act wrathful or depressed when faced with powerlessness as a way to cope with it and try either A.) eradicate the powerlessness through pure destructive wrath/depression (killing yourself or others (existence) for example) B.) Striving for all power through wrath as excessive power-seeking which conflicts against other people's striving for the necessary power to be content with existence, fueling their destructiveness. I speak in the book about how if we did not have this inherent powerlessness and therefore destructiveness, life truly would be completely meaningless and not worth living given our current state of being (we cannot completely eradicate our own human nature). Life's meaning comes from overcoming the impulse to destroy and creating a "great life". We are all painters/artists/creators.... of our own life in every waking second of our existence. But furthering the destructiveness of a society in order to create the hotbed for new creation makes sense in theory, but it is really messy and unnecessary in reality. The destructiveness will always be there, and our ability to overcome it will always be present.

youtube.com/watch?v=VPsyynjHpbY

youtube.com/watch?v=IFPwm0e_K98

kek you're the best goon

see you at the beach

I think we are all in our own absurd way simply doing our part in what will be known in the future of history as the greatest event ever. This event will perhaps destroy our planet or at least it will destroy life as we know it. From this destruction, nurtured in its aftermath, will emerge something greater than humanity. Perhaps it will be the birth of a God.