The Great Plebfilter

Please leave this board and never return if you think Nietzsche is superior to Plato.

Thank you!

Please leave if you believe you need to choose between Nietzsche and Plato.

Doesn't Nietzsche essentially force you to choose between him and Plato, because he hates Plato so much?

I mean, they're practical polar opposites in terms of worldview, method, and metaphilosophy, so anyone who knows anything about either likely already has their "choice".

Please leave this board and never return if you bump this thread

>unironically treating philosophy as self-help
Neither one has anything to do with how I live my life.

Nietzsche is to Nazis as Plato is to Jews. That's what the divide between them is like.

I'm 19 years old.
I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.
I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.
I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.
I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.
Both my parents are alive and in good health.
I have no regrets.
I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.
I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.
I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.
I prefer Nietzsche to Plato.
I will live a good life at your expense.

Thank you for posting this user

neither comment said that

Who is this supposed to trigger?

Platofags are this butthurt

>Plato is to Jews.
How about Plato is to Greeks you fucking dimwit.

RIP in Peace

>choosing the gay retard fascist
fucking leave, you incorrigible retard

Nazis and Jews have a more dynamic relationship than Nazis and Greeks. learn2analogy

Then what is meant by "choosing" between them? I'm not paid to reconcile the two, who gives a shit if they conflict? You can enjoy what each has to say and play with the ideas they lay out

You don't understand any of their ideas if you think they have or are meant to have nothing to do with your personal life.

Your analogy was shit. How about this...Plato is to adulthood as Nietzsche is to teenage angst.

Of course they're meant to do with my personal life but that doesn't mean they actually do. Living in a way different from what someone lays out doesn't preclude comprehension of their ideas.

Well, it triggered you, evidently.

I don't have a meaningful understanding of them so who gives a fuck, and neither do any of you pseuds.

lol nobody cares dude

Well now you're just being infantile.

It's ok. I too believe Nietzsche was an esoteric Kantian Platonist.

>author of Republic is not a fascist
>Nietzsche is tho
retarded

Jews are fascistic in their own deceptive snake-like ways. It's just two sides of the same coin, them and the Nazis (and Plato with Nietzsche).

Is Nietzsche an anarchist? I mean he hates both communism and fascism and those are the only two political ideologies left.

Also, calling the Republic fascist is a meme and instantly outs you as a pleb.

lmao

literally *the* only reason anyone gives a shit about Plato is blind adherence to tradition. Not a single sentence in his philosophy contains anything but stone age gibberish. Seriously have you seen the kind of arithmetical mysticism he gets up to in the Republic? Not only that but he admits he thinks lying to people to preserve his ideas is productive. Why would you believe anything he says when he tells you he shouldn't be trusted?

(You)

Just knowing that someone read that gave me a good bit of enjoyment so thanks

(You)

You have been cursed bitch.

Don't fuck with number mysticism.

on a related note: stoicism and Nietzsche are not mutually exclusive, in the sense that you can derive an outlook or a way of life from both simultaneously without making the other seem any less valid.

/\
/\/\

>You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once fruitful and barren and uncertain: imagine to yourselves INDIFFERENCE as a power--how COULD you live in accordance with such indifference? To live--is not that just endeavoring to be otherwise than this Nature? Is not living valuing, preferring, being unjust, being limited, endeavouring to be different? And granted that your imperative, "living according to Nature," means actually the same as "living according to life"--how could you do DIFFERENTLY? Why should you make a principle out of what you yourselves are, and must be? In reality, however, it is quite otherwise with you: while you pretend to read with rapture the canon of your law in Nature, you want something quite the contrary, you extraordinary stage-players and self-deluders! In your pride you wish to dictate your morals and ideals to Nature, to Nature herself, and to incorporate them therein; you insist that it shall be Nature "according to the Stoa," and would like everything to be made after your own image, as a vast, eternal glorification and generalism of Stoicism! With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise-- and to crown all, some unfathomable superciliousness gives you the Bedlamite hope that BECAUSE you are able to tyrannize over yourselves--Stoicism is self-tyranny--Nature will also allow herself to be tyrannized over: is not the Stoic a PART of Nature? . . . But this is an old and everlasting story: what happened in old times with the Stoics still happens today, as soon as ever a philosophy begins to believe in itself. It always creates the world in its own image; it cannot do otherwise; philosophy is this tyrannical impulse itself, the most spiritual Will to Power, the will to "creation of the world," the will to the causa prima.

Small reminder that Fred's nihilism is not the same as the classical concept of Tabula Rasa. Nietzsche knows you're going to import your old fears and prejudices over to your "new" way of thinking.

tfw no 2010 hipster gf

this is a pasta

Nietzsche died before fascism was invented.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I would not say so, Nietzsche hated anarchism,even if his ideology was really close to it.

The Republic very explicitly supports a totalitarian, authoritarian government that glorifies militarism and hierarchy

If you didn't pick up this then your IQ is in the double digits

Wrong Sarah lads. I had to work with what I had.

All those pseudo-philosophers, trying to claim that they are oh so intellectual just because of fucking Nietzsche. Yes, he's influential. No, he's not your personal first and last line of defense.

>Supports authoritarian government
Aristocracy ruled by a philosopher king AKA benevolent dictator.
>glorifies militarism
what major power doesn't?
>Hierarchy
What society lacks hierarchy?

Your definition of fascism is too vague, start over.

>Implying every user postung here hasnt "checked out" already

Despite the arrogance I think you'd be a cool guy to discuss literature with.

>he didn't even mention the goddess of all primes, 23
faggot

>have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.
love this

I remember when the girl in that picture was older than me.

>Aristocracy ruled by a philosopher king AKA benevolent dictator.
...so an authoritarian government. Do you not know what authoritarian means? Giving me neat-o details about the authoritarian government proposed in the Republic does not refute the fact that the proposed government is authoritarian
>what major power doesn't?
The UK, Japan, France, Germany
>What society lacks hierarchy?
I said "glorifies hierarchy" you illiterate monkey, not "has a hierarchy." Surely you can recognize that there is a world of difference between a government that encourages strict social stratification and a government that encourages social mobility and interaction

>Your definition of fascism is too vague, start over.
My definition of fascism was more than specific enough for the needs of this conversation, you simply didn't read it properly. Start over

But there is mobility in the hierarchical system of the republic. There's no caste system determined by birth. It's a meritocracy.

Anyone else here pronounce it "Playdough" just do see if they can trigger their philosophy professor

yeh the natural caste system is the "noble lie" and the citizen's type is determined by their natural abilities in childhood

>UK, Japan, France, Germany
The only major powers in the world today, nations that truly influence each other's policies, are the USA, Russia and China. And Russia has a smaller GDP than New York, the only great power that relies on trade to extend its power is China, a mercantilist oligarchy that is also seriously investing in weaponry. Most Australians and Germans pay more attention to american elections rather than their own.