Dave's killer bread did not live up to the hype. I was pretty disappointed

Dave's killer bread did not live up to the hype. I was pretty disappointed.

why doesn't it actually kill you

who's dave?

what's bread?

I love their 21 grain. but I have to toast it. egg samiches are the best.

It's bread. What kind of hype does bread have?

I like how dense they are.

they're memes you newshitters

reddit: the bread

Save 3 dollars and just buy Arnold's.

I hear you OP, I don't know why my family thinks it's so great but to me it's 2/10 desperation bread. The texture is gummy and the crust is shit, it tastes like any other cheap loaf of bread.

It's also between 6 to 9 dollars a loaf depending on where you go. That's just ridiculous for bread that is sub par

There is no hype. Its mass produced trash

Clearly no one here has had raison the roof, the superior cinnamon raison bread.

I've never seen it above $4

It actually used to be good. Dave was a pretty chill guy who only hired ex-cons, giving people a second chance. Then he sold out and the quality sharply declined. Now it's just riding off the name, mass produced garbage as others have said. Dave's killer pre-2012 or so was great stuff.

Lies. I first had it in 2009 and remember it being just as shitty.

Never heard of it, looks like hipster trash.

Well that's probably because you only eat white bread

>you don't like this shitty bread so you must only eat even shittier bread

I like fresh baked breads that are soft and elastic with nice chewy crusts, I don't bother buying cheap shitty factory-baked "bread"

Well fucking compare it to a competitor then, no shit an actual bakery will sell better bread than the grocery store.

>Well fucking compare it to a competitor then

What? Do I have to name a competitor that's better than dave's shitty bread in order to make the claim that it's shit?

Nothing with a logo like this will ever live up to expectations.

Bullshit. There's no way. Give me proof my guy.

he's not wrong. if we're talking of mass produced bread you have to compare it to that. otherwise there'd be no point in making the OP.

it's like if i make a thread on Veeky Forums saying 511's are crap and then when asked what's better i compare them to jeans made by my local tailor i wouldn't really be proving anything

I like the taste of their bread but when I try to spread something on it, it just rips apart. Very weak bread

Eureka is good and so is orowheat organic

>egg samiches are the best.
Joe Rogan pls

It's not bad just hard to justify the extra money when you could just buy dumpster's 12 grain bread and it's close enough

If a loaf of bread can last longer than a day or two without going to shit, it was never that good to begin with.

As somebody who wears 5.11s at work because they issue them I don't know why anybody would consider them Veeky Forums unless you work in law enforcement. Although I do like their clothes, wearing it off duty is sort of silly.

Sorry, I just thought it was an odd comparison. Maybe there is another 511 you were referring to.

It's 6.99 for two loaves at costco

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read

Enjoy your preservatives, soyboy.

my friend was talking about it, saying its this really healthy bread that's better than other bread, he doesn't know why but I should look it up and see for myself

it's bread. It will never be healthy
at most you can make it marginally less bad for you

some dead beat crack addicted felon who got lucky and created a meme food, was mildly successful, sold the company then became a dead beat crack head again

>costco
>two loaves

That doesn't really count. I'm not the user you're replying to.

Lmao I'm dead

In I wasn't comparing it to anything, just stating that I prefer fresh baked (who doesn't). But if I had to make a fair comparison, pic related is a million times better than any other store bought bread.

Any loaf of bread should last more than two days
How doesn't that count? It's like 5$ at the yuppie place down the road.

>I've never seen it above $4

I didn't make that statement, but once again it's at the yuppie store so there's usually a 1-2$ mark up

Not 5.11 tactical, you security guard. Levi 511

its not bread its bird food

That's what I do with it too. Fry them eggs and then throw the bread in the pan and make a sandwich.

but...but he's a rehabilitated criminal and it proves liberals are right about our prison systems

That they're broken, corrupt, and overcrowded from ancient drug laws that need to be revised?

Thats a much more reasonable comparison. However I will have to refer you to my previous comment >Well that's probably because you only eat white bread

Every store bought whole wheat bread I've had tasted like shit. Most are gummy and flavorless like Dave's, so yeah, when it comes to supermarket breads I like white bread.

Freshly baked loaves from the bakery are a different story, I love all fresh breads.

Ha first one to call it felon bread!!!!

this

I lose a ton of respect for people/companies/products when they try to make themselves look super jacked but IRL they're old and flabby.

By the time a loaf makes it into your shopping cart, it's already been in and out of the refrigerator several times over

511s still aren’t effay
even the 510s are garbage these days.

Well it should please you to know that Dave is fucking jacked, he basically looks exactly like that picture.

Ain't this nigga back in jail?