What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on pic related?

What is Veeky Forums's thoughts on pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=43_N1lPDcbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks like a nigger desu

I've eaten it a few times, it's not bad for canned food, but still not good.

I hear it's chunky

it'll do/10

Definitely not my first choice but if it's all there is to eat I won't complain

It's whatever. Acceptable for a cheap food. I keep around a few cans of Campbell's whenever I need a quick meal at the end of the night.

The bad habit I have is eating soup out of the can unheated. I'll probably die from it some day.

Give it back jamal

youtube.com/watch?v=43_N1lPDcbA

1 can has 240 calories and 1,780mg of sodium.

Yikes OP, judging by your pic you better watch your sodium.

sodium content doesn't matter much to healthy people, its really only troublesome to a small section of the population with specific diseases

I remember it was like 1.50 a can 3-4 years ago, now its like 2.85.

And im making less money.

The steak and potato with cheese is alright. I usually keep a few cans on hand for "in a pinch" situation where I'm low on time and need some sustenance.

looks like a nigger stole a can of soup

Put it back Darshaun, don't even think about.

Canned soups are fucking awful. I have yet to try one that isn't foul.

Soup is not hard to make, it makes your house smell wonderful, and you get to walk by the soup pot all day tasting your little creation as it gets better and better.

Make Soup Great Again!

looks like chimp food to me

Anyone looking to canned soup as an "inexpensive meal" has no idea how to cook or cant do basic math.

Canned soup is expensive.
The only "poor-people food" that might be an even worse value is the 'helper' types...hamburger helper...rice-a-roni...tuna belper...all that crap.

Being poor is actually very expensive.

Being poor is not expensive. Being uneducated and unable to plan ahead and unable to take time from one's evening distractions long enough to prepare multi portion meals is expensive.

no he's right
i'm educated and not poor but i used to be poor and you definitely get punished for having no money

No, you don't. I also used to be poor, and lived better than people of the same means because I put a modicum of effort into planning meals so that I didn't buy fast food or other overpriced convenience items often.

Youre not getting it.
Being poor is expensive because too often decisions are made based on what one can do at the moment...with one paycheck. Okay? Someone with more financial flexability can step back and say "hey wait...ill stock my pantry with a broad range of oils vinegars dry spices pastas grains flours etc...and be able to make quick inexpensive meals just by grabbing some veggies and meat on the way home from work". Sure...it may cost $300 to initially stock the pantry but you'll have those ingredients on hand for months. So...as a financially stable person you can throw together a quick healthy meal for half the price of a box of pasta dry herbs and corn starch.

The poor guy sees the advantage of buying in volume and cooking from scratch but at the moment has $60 for groceries that have to last a week and that includes toilet paper. Yes the poor guy knows for $10 dollars he could buy enough pasta and cornstarch to make his own hamburger helper for a month but be doesnt want to wipe his ass with his bare hands while taking a shower so he settles for the crappy little one-meal box of hamburger helper for $2.

Dog food in a can. Although the chunky chili ones are palatable, cooked in a pan and topped with cheese, spring onions, cilantro and sour cream. They went on sale once and bought like 20 cans which lasted me 1+ year.

I've yet to find a can of beef soup that isnt weirdly sweet, its disgusting. This included.

God I hate midwesterners, theyre like 70% of whats wrong with american food.

Just get rice and beans.

In highschool I'd walk to the drug store across the street to get supper before the band had to play in the football game. Id always get a can of cambels chunky and a sleeve of saltines.

I've tried some of these weird and exotic soups with the beef and the canned meat has an awful taste to it. I don't really know how to describe it but it's such a harsh taste that it ruins everything else.
I'll get a creamy chicken soup every once in a while but honestly it's so expensive that I don't know why I bother. It's like $3 for a can of soup when I can go to the supermarket and for $5 I can get whatever protein I want and 2 sides.