Author addresses the reader as "dear reader"

>author addresses the reader as "dear reader"

"My beloved readers..."

How anybody can read Nabokov is beyond me. The most condescending prick of an author in the history of western literature.

"My delicious readers, whose hands now tremble upon their tiny engorged intellects as I roughly insert my long, hard novel into their crania."

he tends to trigger brainlets, so...

hi user :3

He was the definition of a brainlet—knew very little about a lot and tried to project wisdom.

t. projecting brainlet

dear pseudfag would be better

>Dear Reader, stop reading this book RIGHT NOW! Put it back on the shelf!!

>I married him, dear reader
FUCK YOU BRONTE YOU HACK

>If you haven's stolen this book you can fuck off you capitalist pig!

moldbug isnt that bad dude

Those types that begin with "I will NOT call you dear reader like books usually do!" or some such shit are way worse.

>Dear Guest...

>Pick up a dark fantasy book
>Somebody talks about rape or is raped in the first 30 pages

Everytime

He was condescending and arrogant, yes, but I can forgive that when he wrote brilliant novels like Lolita and Pale Fire.

That's a tradition started by Don Quixote faggot

*rapes you*
:3c

That is the comfiest shit. Fuck off OP

Whenever the author says "Dear Reader," I put my thumb to my chest and say "That's me."

Honestly, I played the Psycho Mantis part of Metal Gear Solid when I was really young, so lots of postmodernism's meta goofs and gags kinda make me yawn.

Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, Dear reader, fuck your thumb.

that actually made me shit my pants when I was a kid. I seriously thought the game was spooked.

>begs the question

>banter

makes me think of Ignatius Reilly's "diary of a working boy" kek
wow that book was funny

haha reader FOOLED you this book isn't about ANYTHIUNG but you just read the whole thing up until right here the last page HAHa GOT YOUY

I love it when they address me as "gentle reader".

>auctor vocat legentem, "deer reeder"

>author goes off in meandering tangents and then apologizes to the reader

A very postmodern technique.

I really like it.

Actually since the first picaresque novels