What cut of steak is this?

What cut and what grade of meat (select, choice, prime) is this? I'm about to cook it for dinner. Will post results

Call mommy and ask her, since she's the one who bought it, kid.

USDA prime chicken leg

Ribeye. Subpar fat marbling, therefore shit. Put in meat grinder and make burgers with it, or cook into thin slices and feed to your dogs.

Ribeye Choice? I'm no butcher.

By the way, I dont have a grill so I'll be using a cast iron skillet.

The steak was gifted to me today and I didn't want to ask the gifter because it seemed rude, young lady.

>I don't have a grill
You mean daddy never taught you how to use his, and you can't ask him because he and mommy went into the city to have anal sex in a hotel room?

I would agree with this.

Either cook is whole or for a treat get some brisket and grind them together in a food processor for good burgers.

Jesus christ, go to bed

Thanks, this was my guess as well.

I'm going for medium rare but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to cooking steak. Wish me luck.

Listen kiddo, I am just messing with you, kinda... the marbling isn't terrible, it's ok, it's what you'd normally be served at the average restaurant. Just sear that fuck on both sides with butter, salt+pepper, then throw it in the oven until it reaches your preferred doneness.
Around this place, people like it well done, so aim for 160. If you like it medium rare, aim for 135F

you won't have to oven roast a steak that thin.
3 minutes on each side will do it to midrare.

For a good crust throw it in the freezer 20 minutes before cooking.

Brisket/ribeye burgers sounds good as fuck. Thanks for the idea but it will have to be next time. Tonight I'm having steak and whiskey

>I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to cooking steak
Probably because you're 14

Do not assume its thickness, friend. Why not tell him too to pat it dry, too? Why not reverse sear it? Hell, why not tell him to age it for 3 weeks?

>Do not assume its thickness,
I have eyes nigga!
He posted a pic if you hadn't noticed.

>freezing meat before cooking for reliable and even well-ness
>pulling beef out of the pan at 165, ever
>pulling it out at 135 and expecting it to be medium-rare. not even taking into account the extra 10 degree or more jump after
>time-based cooking on a fucking steak you have no idea how thick or fatty it is, nor the heat range of his stove and oven

I don't have enough shotguns to put in my mouth and yours. Ignore the fuck out of these people and google it if you need help.

Sounds like a plan, Boris. Enjoy your meal.

Nigga you dumb. There's a pic and plate for scale. It's a thin steak. and 20 minutes in a freezer doesn't freeze steaks. It keeps the center cool so you can crust the outside.

>no pic
no nigga, you dumb

>no pic
Scroll up to the top of the page

It's in the fucking OP!
Who are you, Jaden smith?
Eyes aint real nigga!

Guise, stop arguing. The steak is actually massive. That plate is actually 16" in diameter, the thickness of the steak is approximately 3 inches.

>20 minutes in a freezer keeps the center cool
You mean it cools the outside and leaves the center warm. Also, that's no thin steak.

Nigga 'you' dumb. The difference in starting temperature and what you want should be closer: not make the outside boil the inside while the myoglobin bursts from the cell walls. You're making a goddamned rainbow of heat distribution rather than a good sear and more even internal temp.

No, read Cooks Illustrated. Thin steaks do better 20 minutes in the freezer before cooking.

Not me

The steak is actually about an inch thick

I'm doingthis minus the oven right now
It is actually

I basically did everything I've seen on cooking shows, YouTube, etc. in regards to cooking steak and to be honest it appears to have turned out better than expected. It's resting now

Will need a cross section

Yes, nice enough crust. Could use a bit more searing on the fat edge. Hold it with your tongs and sear that edge for about a minute.

But need a cross cut.

He could always score or gently cut into that section every half to three-quarter inch. It keeps it from furling and helps insure a more even sear and doneness.

>He could always score or gently cut into that section every half to three-quarter inch.
I've only ever done that with pork chops. maybe I should try with beef.

This is one tasty steak. I could gave gone a hair longer but I'm happy with this

You're right I forgot about searing the edges. And I've seen it done so many times! Next time.

Would devour, OP.
enjoy your red meat.

It looks like the tail end of the chuck section, where it meets the rib section. maybe one or two steaks away from being a ribeye, but the fact that there are three distinct muscle groups make me doubt that it is actually a ribeye

This is great advice. Thank you, I'll remember this

I was tending toward ribeye, but it did look strange to me too.

I had no clue, but guessed ribeye. But Op did a good job cooking it.

>wonderfully brown crust
>what is likely to be the perfect medium rare
You did well little brother.

I mean, it really looks like it could be from the front of the rib section or the end of the chuck. It's really up to the butcher at that point to call it either a ribeye or boneless chuck steak.

To be fair, the boneless chuck cooks and eats practically the same as a ribeye. The Denver steak (if you know how to cut it) is supposed to be nearly as tender as a ribeye, too.

Steak looks closer to a chuckeye than a ribeye to me

>boil the inside
The fuck? temp is temp on inside. It's not like you are getting caramelization on the inside.
think sousvide then sear.

>a perfectly seared and medium rare steak
Tis a rare sight to see on Veeky Forums. Congrats OP!

Thanks anons

Here's my dog and some grilled lamb. Does anyone else have food or dogg pictures? Post them here!

Beans were cheap

The potatoes look good. Do they cook evenly when they're cut like that? Are they soft or crispy?

Not that guy but I hate them. Regardless of whether you use ruesutte or iowa; they always turn out uneven for me.

They did cook evenly. Just starting to get crispy at the top but mostly soft.