Peanut.

Duck fat and vegatable.
>second best
beef suet and vegetable

west texas intermediate

saturated oil

50% bacon grease mixed with 25% beef tallow
and 25% Crisco

Fry them 3 times. Add cheese and bacon bits before serving.

beef tallow

I will have to try mixing grapeseed, my favorite neutral vegetable oil with tallow. Bacon grease sounds excessive.

Yeah I was only memeing, don't use bacon grease. You'll probably catch your kitchen on fire and, barring that, will certainly have a heart attack.

Duck fat. Any other answer is categorically wrong.

Olive

Lard

vegetable for the second fry 100%?

Sunflower.

Best is lard but if you're scared of lard then use peanut oil

Dis

No I mean a little to mix in at the end would be fine but I wouldn't fry at more than medium-low temps with bacon grease or likely risk burning it and the flavor would be very strong. I keep buying tallow to make pie crusts (try this! sub half butter for tallow in a pie crust recipe!) but I haven't tried frying with it yet.

Rapeseed Oil.

saffron oil, get on my level plebs

saffron

Lavender

Beef Tallow.

Motor

Iraqi

coconut

Baby

Castor

Nigger

Why would you want to use oil? Bake them

Uwotm8?

That would make them french bakes. OP is talking about french fries.

WD-40

No casual home cook is going to be able to afford duck fat, but a high end restaurant will use it for artisan cuisine, and it really is quite lovely with potatoes.
As a teen I worked at McDonald's and Taco Bell, and both places used solid fats. McDonald's was beef tallow, and Taco Hell was either shortening or lard, or whatever blend the chain supplied. That was the late 80's and things have changed, because of moronic vegan outrage, and more legitimate health concerns. By far the most important health concern is CALORIES, and all fats are created equal. Only Olestra can claim the high ground in being low calorie. Your problem is not calorie content, but portion size, and limiting your frequency of junk food consumption. But I know where we are, and you're going to stuff your face with deep fried shit regardless of the omega-this-and-that, because that is beyond the scope of this class.
Modern fast food is likely some kind of vegetable oil. I'm pretty sure Five Guys uses peanut. Its kind of stupid to ask what oil is the "best" because that assumes unlimited budget, the sky's the limit. If you are wealthy, then your pampered ass isn't going to be in the kitchen making fries. (YOU) are poor as fuck, and you will go out and buy the cheapest bottle that can do the job, you worthless faggot. Just look at the train wreck your thread has become. Even by Veeky Forums standards this thread is shit. So ignore me and listen to the other faggots who suggest Iraqi baby castor oil.

>No casual home cook is going to be able to afford duck fat
I live close to the biggest duck farm on the east side of the Mississippi, I'm a casual homecook and can buy duck fat at my local grocer supermarket.
Being a flyover does have its advantages.

are you mixing them or using them separate for first and second fry?

This

Mixed. I don't have two fryers.
But I cook with a lot of duck (it's cheap right now) so I get about 1/4 cup from rendering duck skin from each duck I process (and awesome duck cracklin's)
You should buy whole ducks and learn to cook them.
Also, you can single fry yukon gold potatoes in cold oil.

Beef dripping if not then use any animal fat you have at hand, make sure you use the right spuds as well, if you want perfection par boil for couple of minutes, dip in cold water to stop further cooking, deep fry until pale but not thoroughly cooked, allow to cool, either refrigerate until needed or fry again at high temperature.