Do people actually use this? It's in parks everywhere across the US

Do people actually use this? It's in parks everywhere across the US.

Yes.
They are clap activated lanterns.

Someone does, otherwise they wouldn't all be so disgusting and crusty

I would never cook on one of those I saw some black guy take a shit in one when I was like 12 .

Do you have to actually bring your own charcoal and fire lighters if you want to use that?

In Australia we have stainless steel electric BBQs in public parks, just push a button and away you go.
The council does a good job keeping them clean but I normally just bring a sponge to make sure it's clean.
I shat on one when I was a kid and fried my own shit.

The general rule is that if you have to use one you bring tin foil to cover the grate. The other, better option is to just buy a cheap mini grill from a super market. They're like 20 bucks or lower if you know where to look.

why do ausfags have holes in pans and in those weird grills?

Yes, because in America you are responsible for shit and not dependent on your government to give you everything.

Most people just cook up some sausages or burger patties on the public BBQs, I guess there's some sort of grease trap underneath the hole in the middle of the hotplate.

charcoal > electric

yes, let your grill heat up and you don't have to worry about hygiene.

Reeeeeee FREE SHIT IS BAD BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE IT

>FREE

i always bring a heavy grill brush, burn a strong fire under it and then scrape the shit out of it til it's nice and clean. never ever had an issue with one, but i don't live near a shooting gallery type park either.

Campers, Travelers, Apartment-Renters, Vacationers, Summer-Home Owners.

Yeah they throw coals in them, roast meat and vegetables, then usually brush off the carbon and ash. If not, the next person does it. Far less disgusting than public shitters.

The police usually get mad when you set the public shitters on fire to "sanitize" them

hahahaha
i guess a big grill brush doesn't help with the shitters either.

Yes and also sometimes people have parties in the park where they grill up some hot dogs and hamburgers.

>paying some bureaucratic politician a salary from taxes instead of doing it yourself
You are a fucking idiot

>I pay out the ass so my nanny state can give me shitty service and "Free" things.
>But it's free!
You sure got me there.

Our tax money got used to put a bbq in a public park.
Why are you getting angry and starting a political debate?

>fried my own shit
noice

If it's electric couldn't someone just turn it on max power and leave it running all the time?

Because Americans have to take any opportunity they can to let you know how self-reliant and free they are.

Needs a full on applause to ignite it though, fyi.

>He goes to shitty parks where there isn't a constant background of jovial clapping.

People like jack use them.
I would post the webm if him cooking hotdogs on one but I don't feel like scrolling through the zillion webm threads in the archive.

He's Australian, they don't know that the "Solar" part of the solar powered electric BBQ's they have is just the fucking sun.

LOL PHOTONS GIVE YOU SKINAIDS

If you're traveling, charcoal will cost jack-shit. A lot of people carry lighters that cost less than 1 USD. And people that are used to grills, fire-pits, smokers, wood-stoves, etc have matches out the ass. If you're too dumb to start a self-igniting fire, lighter fluid cost me under 2USD when I bought it last.

Probably runs on a timer.
The bus stops around where I live all have timer-activated electric heaters, you can only leave them to run for 15 minutes before you have to turn the knob again.

I also hear that you can start a fire using a bunch of sticks and a hole in the ground.

"""""FREE"""""

>Americans live in fear!
>now I have to get back to rebuilding my house because a truck drove into it last week
>hope I don't get splashed with acid while I'm working on it
>kind of hard because the government won't let me own any hand tools, like saws or hammers or a nailgun
O B S E S S E D

>Even thinking about weapons of war like saws or hammers or a nailgun.
CITIZEN

If you're remotely intelligent you can start a fire at least half a dozen ways. That is almost completely irrelevant. These grills just provide a stable and even platform for your heat source, and another for your food.

You have brought up something interesting though. I wonder if I could put some mildly damp sticks above the coals on the grill surface to smoke meats.

this made me laugh.
But you're not taking my AR, commie nazi fuck.

Tinfoil was mentioned, you can also use those tinfoil baking trays with lids to steam stuff or keep stuff warm

Ok, burger

Oh no! the shooter took out mental midgets that thought festival tickets were more important than health insurance.

i cry a single tear.

Husk-on corn is very easy to cook on a grill, over a fire, or in an oven. Just don't use dry.

Oiled tin-foil allows potatoes, onions, pretty much every meat, a ton of other vegetables. And as you said, keeps it warm. Just mind the temperature; even hot but dead coals can be used to cook smaller foods.

>going to festivals in las fucking vegas
>not having insurance
Smart people desu.

>justifying living in a 3rd world hellhole
>"They should've expected to get shot"

i thought these were public urinals, they have that ash in them, so it looks like kitty litter.

>the only reason people get health insurance is for the minute chance of getting shot

Brainlets are everywhere!

AND!!!! you can wear them as hats to keep the government ghosts out of your head.

That's all snowden had to use for prism?
Fuck where were you 9 years ago!

>"Sorry, sir. Gunshots are a pre existing condition. That'll be $600,000 plus tip. :^)"

>be me
>drunkenly steal one of these in 2003
>still using it in 2017 despite living 3 states away

these things are indestructible. What's not to love?

Installing Norton to keep his computer safe.

Pre-existing conditions don't exist and haven't for years.
Am I on 2010 internet timeline?

No, you are just arguing with a lib.

Hey now, I didn't call him a nazi

Electric BBQs? What the fuck, you're living it up. I'm in NSW and the nearest park - Nurragingy - has old solid fuel-based brick-and-steel BBQs that take some effort to get going.

Although, firewood IS free in the park, so I suppose it's not much of a difference. Added bonus is that if you're are a cheap cunt or a bogan, you can come along and nick some firewood, saving a tenner.

It's not a big deal. I always put tin foil on top of them or otherwise cook food wrapped in foil.

>hurr durr I can't argue against that so let's shift the topic to something else
>"We're so much better because we can actually get our terrorism-related injuries treated, assuming they don't kill us first!"

are you some sort of germaphone?

Are Americans really this bad at spelling?

I clean my own grill at home, I can't clean this grill because it's too far gone, just wrap the top bars with aluminum foil, you skip any risk of eating homeless pee or whatever.

>implying anyone even pays medical bills

>>hurr durr I can't argue against that so let's shift the topic to something else

Exactly what that poster did.

>>"We're so much better because we can actually get our terrorism-related injuries treated, assuming they don't kill us first!"

Yes, that would make us better.

"But despite this scale, the number of British people killed in acts of terrorism has remained low compared to other countries - with 49 people dying because of terrorism in the UK between 2010 and 2017."

>49
>between 2010 and 2017
Remind me how many you Yanks average at every year

I've heard the best way to handle them in the States is to just throw them in the bin

At least our police don't confiscate bike tires thinking they are dangerous weapons.

No, they just shoot you instead

I'm white. no worries here.

It's funny how EU brainlets conflate USA with black people
Black people = africa
USA = white folks.

2010-2017, there's like 200 terrorism deaths in the U.S. but our population is 5 times more so it's actually more likely to be killed in Britain. Hahahaha

he's going to use some stupid statistic that uses post 9/11 era Bush rules that redefine political terrorism. Under that rule then the Las Vegas shooter is a political terrorist even though he had no political agenda.

I even included the Las Vegas shooter in the 200. So adjusting for population, you're still more likely to die from terrorism in Britain. Lol

He will probably use metric too.

There are some of these in my apartment complex. I don't think they maintain them. I think people mainly use them as ash trays for cigarettes. Probably a fair bit of spit or urine on them too.

urine is just water and salt when no bacteria is present, which should be case if you have functioning kidneys.

I think maintaining one of those would actually break it.

I'm in suburbia on the Gold Coast, they are everywhere here. I can walk 10 minutes from my house and go past 3 parks that have them.

So who paid for the public grills like in the OP’s pic, you raging fudge packer?

baka

>thread where america is mentioned
>immediately devolves into eurotrash and commonwealth fags reeeing about the burger menace
every time

Taxpayer dollars

Exactly like the public BBQs in Australia. Who’d a thunk it.

Do Americans really have burgers delivered every morning to their mail grill?

Americas are not faggy electric ones.

Yes.
This is why postal workers have a weird aversion to dogs, because of the constant delicious smell of freedom they give off.

No, instead they're gross, sooty black messes

>all the butthurt Ameriboos in this thread

When I used to live in a small town of very clean, no crime, mostly white people with standards, yes, I did use them, but they were cleaned and maintained by the parks service.
Now that I live in a city, with the likes of who the fuck knows, I'd never use one.

>I've heard the best way to handle them in the States is to just throw them in the bin
Pretty much. Hospitals can't refuse to treat you if you're in immediate danger of dying. Cancer treatment? That's one thing. But if you show up on their doorstep shot full of holes they're required to treat you. Then you can either run from the bills or just declare bankruptcy.

that's actually not how it works
if you want one you need to reserve the spot and get a permit to use it. If you aren't a resident of the area the park belongs to then you pay for entry most of the time as well, same with beaches, which despite being "public" you still need to pay for access to during peak hours. It's all very complex

more importantly my friend is fucking insufferable with these things, and his fire pit at home too. It's like some kind of macho thing where he refuses to uses an accelerant or even kindling. He has no idea how to actually start a fire and we will sit there struggling all day while he tries to get logs to light with just matches and shit.

I was over his house he had like 10 people all sitting around a pit waiting to cook dinner while he poked around like a retard trying to get the logs to stay lit.
I left to go buy some snacks, took a long detour, was gone for about 45 minutes, obviously he still hadn't made any headway. I threw a bottle of lighter fluid at him when I got back and said "use this shit"
oh wow, a miracle of nature, the flammable thing gave us fire instantly!!
next time I went over there the fluid was nowhere to be found, he was just rutting around with his wife nagging him I KNOW WHAT IM DOING!!

blog post aside, thats what I associate these little grills with. Planning to have a bbq in the park but mostly sitting around for hours poking at lukewarm sausage being slowly heated on an ember that keeps going out

So me and my dad were walking his dog and we walked by the park and they left the grill but had removed the picnic table. This is in a reasonably nice part of town in a near-in suburb of a big city. I wonder if the issue was basketball Americans or homeless people. What do you think would motivate a park to remove a picnic table but leave the grill? I guess everyone could sit on blankets.

The grills are embedded into bedrock.

They left it because it was cheaper to remove the table than the grill.

sort of related...
When I was in highschool, I worked at a local shitty movie theater. My manager hated everything and everyone and always said that on his last night at work he was going to take a shit and cook it all night in the popcorn kettle.

I quit before he did, then moved to another town for college. I always wonder if he did it though. The fucker seemed just crazy enough that I sort of believed him.

Your bus stops have heaters? What kind of futuristic utopia do you live in? Bus stops in my area are lucky to even have a bench and roof.

Hence all the mental health issues, feel-good pill popping, homeless, mass shootings etc.

>niggers being nasty

>america is a third world hellhole
>hears aaaaallllllaaaahu aakkkbaaaaarrrr being yelled by a short bearded sand man at the top of a mosque tower several times a day

If this thread is still here tomorrow I might ride my bicycle around to a few public parks and post photos of the BBQs in them.

Is that because Americans don’t understand electricity very well? Or is it because supplying a heat source renders local government legally liable for every retard that burns themselves ‘accidentally’? After all, lighting a fire in one of these negro kitchens takes more effort than just pressing a button or turning a dial, as in Australia. Or is it simply because niggers will smash anything simpler than a steel box to get to the magic inside? Or on the other hand, maybe it’s because fanatical American resistance to taxes and social integration means your local governments can only afford to provide a metal box big enough for hobos to shit in and not much else.

I guess we’ll never know, because I don’t live in the land of fast food cramming, obese lunatic gun nuts and psychotic niggers... and you’d never admit to any of the ways in which our system is superior.

>Americans don’t understand electricity very well?
we literally invented electricity

>hurr durr yur not insta-triggered by islam so obviously you have to suck goat dicks all day

Stay in fly-over, casserole eater.

>we literally invented electricity
Did you invent Magnetism as well? Gravity? How about the weak force?

yes

The Greeks invented maths, and you don’t go to Greece looking for great mathematicians, do you?

Additionally, as fundamental universal force, electricity was discovered, not invented, you cretin.

And your delicious hurt fee-fees aside, nobody has yet explained how that enema tube above is right in his assumption that his country’s taxpayer funded public barbecues are somehow less taxpayer funded than my ‘nanny state’s’ ones.