Seriously, is this shit a fucking meme? I am 30% of the way through. What the fuck is your problem Veeky Forums?

Seriously, is this shit a fucking meme? I am 30% of the way through. What the fuck is your problem Veeky Forums?

>is this shit a fucking meme?
W-what?

Salinger was a jew and Veeky Forums is full of thought-policing jews who like to promote their fellow chosenites. Catcher is the epitome teen angst trash. It's a terrible book promoted to kids for subversive purposes.

You fucking heard me, pal!

/pol/ pls

> This book is a lit-meme
It's one of the most popular books in world
I think it's pretty good but it's nowhere near the delightful Nine Stories

Boy, you really get me going. You really do.

Awareness of JQ =/= /pol/. It's just a fact of reality people from all places are now aware of.

>blatant OregaIru ripoff
Bravo Salinger!

This book is for 15-17 year olds you dingus

Quit horsing around and finish the damn book.

Salinger was half jew half yankee. Why not just let him be Salinger?

Catcher is a wonderful book that explores the ideas of loneliness and loss of innocence. You should take a moment to read through J.D. Salinger's wikipedia page. He saw some incredibly horrid things during WWII and then came home and wrote, among other things, that book.

Though he probably wouldn't want you to analyze it in the context of my life, it's obvious that his PTSD and the many related mental health issues played a role in Holden's intense loneliness and depersonalization.

Try to practice some empathy while you're reading and understand that Holden isn't telling you the whole truth about his life. There are some indications that he may have been abused, sexually or otherwise, on top of the absent parents and lack of meaningful social relationships. It's significant that he doesn't tell you about his brother outright and instead dances around it for a large portion of the book. (Sorry if you haven't gotten there yet)

Are you a jew or a naive goy who thinks jews are just like you? Drop the feels and get real.

half (ore more) of the Veeky Forums's users are like the faggot in that book

kek

what the fuck are you talking about?
He is just a stupid normal teen, no more than that.

He's a teenager written by a man who just returned from a war where he saw Utah Beach, the Battle of the Bulge, and was one of the first Americans to see a concentration camp first-hand.

So why does he come back and write a book about some whiny kid? It's because he's not just writing about a kid, he's using the kid to express his own anxieties and depression.

Its a pretty bad book desu. Its just obscure, so people like to guess at the meaning, but there is nothing there.

it's a meme. Apparently it was something interesting when it was written but it's all so quaint now

lol

>English teachers try to get kids excited about a book because it has bad words in it
>reread it and remember how much of a joke Holden is
>there are people that identify with this faggot
I WANT NORMIES TO FUCKING LEAVE

This book is good and everyone ITT has terrible taste.

>muh joos
Why don't you fuck off back to your containment board already? I swear to god you can't open a thread anymore without seeing people crying about "muh evil jews"
Is this really the current state of Veeky Forums?

you included

I think Holden represents the author's longing for the innocence and purity of childhood. Holden himself is not a child anymore, but he can't come to terms with the fact he's growing up, or better yet, that he's halfway through between childhood and adulthood already, and tries hard to resist it. That's why he refused to have sex with the prostitute: sex can be considered a rite of passage to adulthood, but he is not ready to go through it yet.

The one well thought out, sensible reply in this thread gets only one reply, which is some effete lout shitting on him.

Never change, Veeky Forums.

you're too much of a normie to get it

The consensus you're attempting to feign through the use of tired mantras doesn't exist, Shekelstein. The most learned men of our day are educated on the jewish problem, and anyone who wishes to be an elite thinker must add that important area of knowledge to their intellectual repertoire.

We all know he rapes his sister, user

This book and its contents belong to a specific breed of souls. You either hate it for good reason, or you... I dunno- see beyond. Salinger was a wizard

Think about the beginning. Some expelled 17 yo standing on a hill next to a cannon pointed at a college football game.

Are you fucking serious? It's like u don't know how to read

>there are people who like this book
>people who liked it are abnormal
>proceed by calling them normal
>spooked into think normality is abnormal / abnormal is the truth
>still accuse others of abnormality while at the same seeing normality as abnormality

The marvels of the disturbed mind

I hate this reading of CATR

>innocence and childhood

As if complaining about the degradation and demoralization of a nation is a symptom of not wanting to grow up. MAN. The psychological war has claimed many I see

>As if complaining about the degradation and demoralization of a nation is a symptom of not wanting to grow up.
I don't recall there was any menton of the degradation of society, which would at least imply some kind of nostalgia for the past (of society, not the individual), and condemnation of the present. The point is that it's the process of growing up itself that is tied with corruption of the self. It's a timeless statement.

>30%
you mean page 15?

>the process of growing up itself that is tied with corruption of the self

If indoctrination into a dystopian society had any face it's this one.

Every chapter of catcher in the rye touches on all the manifestations of moral degredation in American society by the effects of War. If there's a timeless statement, it's the artist fighting against these tides of the masses and the brilliance of Catcher is that te artist is an expelled 17 yo in NYC

I dunno I liked it.

/pol/ really are the new bronies, huh?

Is this book the biggest pleb filter?

kekistan famiam :^P

praaise kek!! x-DDD

lol it seems to be

>If indoctrination into a dystopian society had any face it's this one.
I'm under the impression you're implying I agree with what I think is the message of the author. I don't.

shut the fuck up Cesar