Anglos and foreign languages

why is it that, while I know many people from the anglosphere that speak at least a second language fluently (when it comes to grammar and vocabulary), all but two of them couldn't get rid of their atrocious accent? Are Anglos just retarded when it comes to languages?

you sound retarded when you speak english, but everyone's too polite too inform you

You're asking them to step down on the accent rankings chart?

And this is commentary coming from a _____?

Let me spell it out for you, brainlet.

English is learned as a second language by so many different peoples, and each of their accents is embedded into their national/ethnic stereotype, and (here's the important part) we're used to hearing it.

German accent, Itlian accent, Russian accent, Japanese accent, etc, are instantly recognizable, and "normal".

If you speaking some euro-trash language, it's likely that the only people you hear trying to speak it, are mostly natives. You're only ever used to one accent, because nobody from the outside wants to learn your dead language.

Learn the language of freedom. Set yourself free.

Are you implying most ESLs get rid of their accent?

why would anyone speak anything other than english in this day and age?

Op, you are a bit self absorbed.
I second this.

Yes.
And not only that, they have condemned the rest of the world into speaking their bullshit language that claims to be complex and expressive while having at most four forms per verb. Not to mention the completely nonsensical spelling.
The most interesting thing is Newspeak in 1984: it is portrayed as a purposely simplified and reduced version of the "highly expressive" standard English, while the latter pretty much feels like Newspeak compared to Romance languages or even Old English.

English is complex and it can be even more so because of its lax rules. Concept-building is a breeze with English. And Old English isn't more complex than Modern English ffs.

>lax rules
>complex

Pick one.

Why would you care? Unless it makes you completely unintelligible, an accent doesn't matter. What were you going to do, pose as a native? For what purpose?

It is complex because it allows for nuance, which a higher structured language does not. That is why haiku doesn't work in English for instance since English contains all kinds of modifiers whereas Japanese words such as spring, etc. are meant to imply the modifiers. English is complex but it is not subtle.

Wait I said that stupidly. I should have said from the beginning that English is versatile, not complex. I am trying to not talk polemics out of my ass lately. You are correct about English being a bit like newspeak because it communicates in such a basic way. I like English but I can't at this time explain why.

that's why english literature often lacks aesthetic value. It is very hard to write aesthatically pleasing in Wgnlish and most writers just can't do it even if they try

Yeah I think English has a way of making complex concepts understandable which is its strength like how Anglo philosophy is so great and much clearer than German or French. One just doesn't use English in the same way, aesthetically so to speak. Makes me wonder what the most aesthetic language is.

of the languages I speak, german is unironically the most aesthetic one. While it sounds really hard and strict when spoken, theway german poets used it to describe is just beautiful. And this is the biggest adventage of german, you can describe every point in exact detail(without drawing the aesthetic value from it in poetry). German authors just are better in dealing with topics thoroughly, which is the adventage to clear languages like english

That is a surprising answer, I feel like English is "little German" in a way. I'm thinking my reading of Goethe was not all it could be since I read it in English.

wow, I've just read part of Faust in English out of interest, and all the magic is gone. The way Goethe uses language, selects words to sound beautiful and create an aesthetic drama...it is all gone, only thing left is the plot. they have just "anglosized" german, it is quite deceptive when forming an opinion on the German language

Right I thought that might be the case. I can read Spanish passably well and the same is true of that language; when it is translated into English, subtle aesthetic images become more conceptual, informative.

yeah, seems to be the pattern. but hey, it has its advantages, English is quite the easy language to learn

I know which makes it harder for an Anglo to learn other languages I think. It's like we only know how to drive automatic and all other languages are manual.

Because English is a disgusting language.

Learn French, it is agreed by many to be the greatest of languages. English Poetry makes me laugh, it is a shit compared to French Poetry.

French sucks a dick when it comes to poetry. The syllable stress is fixed as fuck.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS ANGLO IDIOT AND LAUGH HAHAHAHAHAHA

The French are far worse, I've never met an English or German speaking Frenchman that doesn't sound French