Original ideas from Veeky Forumsizens

hello Veeky Forums

i thought i'd start a thread devoted entirely to the original ideas that this board's users are mulling over atm. the goal is to help each other develop and or point out if it's original or not

i'll start:

i've been thinking about consciousness a lot lately and it's origins. i never gave a shit about history before but if we can find out what led to the development of consciousness (a feature that distinguishes us from other mammals/animals) we can not only propel this development into unprecedented areas but we can create super-humans by accelerating the speed at which consciousness develops precisely because we KNOW the cause

i read in an article that humans developed consciousness because of a combination of two things:

1. consumption of red meat (which up until the pre neanderthal paleolithic eras was never a thing)

2. consumption of human brains

so here's my original idea:

we take a group of volunteers and isolate them from the rest of humanity. we measure their intellect via IQ tests and various other standardized examinations. we feed them nothing but red meat and human brains for 50 years. we make them retake the examinations and compare the results. if we notice a positive correlation of at least 0.5, we take an even larger sample of volunteers and conduct the same experiments for another 50-70 years except this time we make them have children. we conduct this experiments on these children as well, since being born they will consume nothing but red meat and human brains for their whole lives.

we keep doing this for at least 10 generations straight and compare the average IQ of the last generation to the first one, as well as the rest of humanity.

if we find out there is a positive correlation between red meat/human brain consumption and IQ, we make it mandatory for the rest of humanity to include this as part of their diets. this will increase the average IQ of population tremendously and thus increase prosperity and peace

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What in the goddamn hell is this nonsense?

why do you think it's nonsense? poke holes in my theory before u talk shit fucking idiot

bump

This is absolutely retarded. If you want to learn about the origins of consciousness read Kant and Hegel

ive read them and their ideas are outdated

why is my idea "absolutely retarded"?

If human brains make us smart then why are zombies so dumb? Checkmate

Can't poke holes in a net.

You're fucking retarded en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

Where the fuck did you read that consumption of human brains led to consciousness?

Why did you attain this assertion that eating humans brains is in anyway beneficial?

Here are some problems with your experiment

>Cannibalism is extremely unethical
>Isolation is unethical
>50 year time frame for what?
>Testing across generations
How would even achieve this?

Scientific illiteracy is a disease

Why don't you look up the effects of regularly consuming more than 1060% of the cholesterol RDA.

>Oscar Kiss Maerth (1914–1990) was the author of The Beginning Was the End (1971), a pseudo-scientific book which claims that modern humans are descended from a species of cannibalistic apes.

Pseud

Jesus Christ...

>unethical
how so? remember, they are volunteers. your refutation has been rendered null
>Scientific illiteracy is a disease
regular illiteracy is a disease too, as evidenced by your lack of reading comprehension
what would this achieve?
buzzword

>One ape discovered that eating the fresh brain of one's own kind increases the sexual impulses. He and his descendants became addicted to brains and hunted for them. It was not until later that they noticed that their intelligence increased as a result. The outcome of this process is HOMO SAPIENS.

—The Beginning was the End, p. 37

Fiction isnt a legitimate source

How do I come up with an original idea?

its nonfiction and heavily cited, are you daft? why can't you accept facts that challenge your notion of reality? are you afraid to be wrong? or are you afraid to accept the fact that your ability to think would not exist had your ancestor's not eaten each other's brains

It's not a legitimate source. It's pseudoscience. It's not a matter of being afriad. It's not science.

>Maerth offered no evidence for his theories, basing them largely on his alleged meetings with cannibals in Java and New Guinea[5] and his experiences eating raw ape brains in a restaurant in Southeast Asia. He hints at having activated his latent psychic abilities through altering the shape of his skull in the manner of Incan tribes and/or trepanation, and his theories are mostly derived from the resultant divine inspiration.

all science is pseudoscience until it is accepted as fact by the scientific community which usually takes a couple of years

unless it's not a politically correct theory in which case it could go several decades before it gets its due diligence

nice quote though, which PC pansy ass faggot wrote that?

someone please reply I want to have original ideas too

basically you must have the capacity for intelligence in that you are always (1) reading and (2) thinking

could be anything. as long as you are quantifying the edifications of ontological gesticulations (re: Time and Becoming) then you are on the right path

What would looking up the known effects of your experiment achieve? Gee ...
Why don't you try it for yourself? You can buy pork brains and red meat, try eating nothing else for a month.

>f? You can buy pork brain
human brains not any brains. this makes all the difference

>doesnt understand basic biology or ethics
>thinks he can design experiments

>doesnt understand basic biology or ethics
what the fuck are you talking about? animal brains from some tin can manufactured by some corporation is different from eating fresh human brains. why is this so difficult for you to understand?

also, notice how no one else has posted an idea of their own...

That's unimportant, what I'm suggesting you do is see what happens if you try to live off nothing but red meat and brains. Human brains have about the same amount of cholesterol as pigs.

>this makes all the difference
And why would it? Do you really understand the presumptions of your claim?

>also, notice how no one else has posted an idea of their own...

Because this is a shit thread. I'm sorry, but it is.

He going off a single science fiction book, dont give him any more attention.

i don't know how many more times i can say this but the chemical and compounds that make up a human brain differ in EVERY fucking way from that of a pig or a monkey

it's the whole reason we have consciousness which is the point of this fucking thread how moronic can you be? i was beginning to take your criticisms seriously but the fact that you think there is no difference between a human brain and a pig's brain leads me to disregard your ideas entirely
or maybe because you aren't smart enough to come up with something original

You've been threatened to get kicked out of your parent's house, haven't you?

>or maybe because you aren't smart enough to come up with something original
*hat-tipping intensifies*

Bear with me. I think he should try to live off red meat and pig brains, just to show us wrong. 1060% of your cholesterol RDA per serving, at least three meals a day that means 3180% of the RDA. I feel in my heart that he should absolutely try it out for a month or two.

Oh my god, you autists, either go along with the joke or stop bumping and sage until it's dead.

>the chemical and compounds that make up a human brain differ in EVERY fucking way from that of a pig or a monkey

No you retard only the nerve connections are different. The compounds and chemicals the exact same. When you digest them the result is the same.

The origins of conciousness arent known.

Your stupidity is quite the marvel

I'm not suggesting that the pig brains will make you super-intelligent, or even of average intelligence, but given how you can't get hold of any human brains, living off red meat and pork brains for a month or two will at least demonstrate scientifically that brains have all the nutrients you need to live on healthily. If you do that, I can promise you won't die of kuru.

why can't i delete this thread? it says "thread is too old to delete?"

im deleting because you are unappreciative and unreceptive to original ideas and also because i believe some of you are audacious enough to steal my idea and pass it off as your own

If you try the nothing but pork brains and red meat experiment for two months, come back and I promise we'll take you seriously.

>the nerve connections are different.
that makes all the difference
i don't need you to take me seriously. i will try this regardless of your choosing to take me seriously or not. i scored in the 90th percentile on my iq test so i doubt i'll see much improvement in such a short time but it's worth a try

>i will try this
Fantastic! That's all I wanted to hear. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

>the chemical and compounds that make up a human brain differ in EVERY fucking way from that of a pig or a monkey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fucking hell...

what are your thoughts on the origin of consciousness?

if we ever find out the true source of consciousness.. whether it's red meat or human brains or psilocybin.. do you think it's right to consume more of it to become 'more intelligent'?

>that makes all the difference
How the fuck would nerve connections make a difference during digestion, you ape?

Nothing unethical about eating voluntarily donated human brains, unless you have dependants. Lucky for you.

ok lets say there are no voluntarily donated human brains

and let's say that you had to eat them between the ripe age of 21-27

do you think it would be Just to kill and eat people's brains as part of one's thirst for knowledge?

OP is proof that human consciousness does not differ categorically from a monkey's :^)

>desire knowledge about consciousness
>therefore go eat brains
is this how a retarded child thinks?

You try out the pork brains for a while first, then we can debate whether or not murdering someone to eat their brains would be of any use at all, let alone the ethics of it.

Since OP's idea has fizzled out I thought I'd chime in with something I've been mulling over for the past two months or so..

If we confirmed the impossibility of planetary vengeance.. that is to say we are certain that nothing can be done to reverse the harm done to the cantological ozone layer + the melting of the icecaps + the inevitable exponential increase in carbon emissions.. would the only solution to this problem be to genocide 90% of the population? I mean how else are you going to reduce the pollution? All methods of recycling are useless and will become increasingly so as the population increases.

That would solve the problem of where to get that many human brains from, to eat.

so consuming human brains as way to cut down on pollution makes it ethical?

No, but if you're killing everyone off anyway, may as well eat their brains. This only works if you're doing in on a scale where it would have an actual, proven positive impact saving the environment. Otherwise you're just killing random people for no good reason.

Why did you make this thread on Veeky Forums?

I'm starting to get the impression he just really wants to kill someone and eat their brains, but for whatever reason needs to be told he can be morally justified in doing so.