What do I need to read to become a decent Veeky Forumsfag and talk philosophy shop and junk...

What do I need to read to become a decent Veeky Forumsfag and talk philosophy shop and junk? Also how long does it take to learn to speed read?

Step One: Get rid of that stupid shit on your computer.

Step Two: Start with the Greeks.

add a short sentence of blogposting for maximum bait effect. a self-absorbed reason why you wish to do these things. the thread will get 2-3 times more replies.

Are you talking about that picture cause I got that from google. Also, fuck you, no. What next?

>a self-absorbed reason why you wish to do these things
Because I want to broad my horizons and I thought more reading would help?

>Deserted by the spirit, he relapses into his original state of narrowness and want; he is surprised to find that after all his lofty, heroic, and endless attempts to further his own pleasure he has obtained but little; and contrary to his expectation, he finds that he is no happier than he was before. He discovers that he has been the dupe of the will of the species.

what's this quote from famalam

Ok. I really give a particular shit about nihilism. It was just a picture to post.

>nihilism = hopeless hedonism
Fuck outta here.

With pleasure ;)

despite all my rage i'm still just a rat in a cage

nihilism =

I'm so sick of this meme, I just want to dive into the relevant stuff. What are some good philosophy recommendations? Are Nietzsche and Stirner a good start? I want to be able to impress myself and my peers with knowledge.

Tbh, unironically, reading Stirner's Ego... Will help immensely as he influenced subsequent philosophers, Marx included. Secondly, Camus's L'etranger, and perhaps his essay on Sisyphus. Thirdly, the Old Testament. And fourthly, The Republic.

Within these four texts lies the entire foundation of Western Philosophy. The essay is supplementary reading.

>Stay the fuck away from Nietzsche

stirner is good whenever but if you want phil. you start with historical context of the greeks, read homer, hesiod, the plays, then plato, then aristotle, then cynics, stoicism christianity, and then dem german bois
it's alot of work just to seem smart, it's better if you just find it interesting
if you were only gonna read one guy stirner is a good choice but your peers will probably be annoyed by you

Schopenhauer.

Honestly, OP. Just give up on literature. You're not cut out for it. I'm being serious, serious literature requires at least an average IQ. Maybe try gardening or arts and craft?

1. speed read is a meme
2. philosophy is a meme from /pol/ and /adv/
3. noone here actually read books. We only pretend we did and eventually talk about it after reading a wikipedia description.

You don't need to be an autist, but to know wtf stirner is talking about study up a bit on what Socrates, Plato, diogenes, and some Christian fags had to say.

I'm a prolific poster and I haven't read a book in six or seven years at least.

gaming is easier tho.
Skinner's boxes everywhere, even lab rats can become gamers.

>haha you think you're happy but you're actually miserable! I would know, I waste all my time believing in imaginary concepts that prescribe behaviors to me, and they tell me that you can't possibly be happy no matter how much you appear to be enjoying yourself. stop ignoring me! be miserable like I am!

Lol so funny dude omg rofl

>haha you think you're sad but you're actually happy! I would know, I enjoy all my time believing in real concepts that describe emotions to me, and they tell me that you can't possibly be sad no matter how much you appear to be infuriating yourself. Ignore me? be happy like I am?

>I want to be able to impress myself and my peers with knowledge.
>>>/cancer/
>>>/reddit/

just do sparknotes then you twat