If he edited the prose, never killed people, and published his manifesto as a satire of the modern age...

If he edited the prose, never killed people, and published his manifesto as a satire of the modern age, do you think it would be a literary classic right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9dMiLE-DLQ
hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/87341171254/dont-become-elliot-rodger
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/01/can_narcissism_be_cured.html
samzdat.com/2017/03/14/identity-is-the-enemy-finale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone would claim that it was profound and deeply insightful for different, often contradictory reasons. It would be like 1984 in that sense.

It would be the Fedora in the Rye

yes

It wouldn't have been read by anyone

/thread

Have you even read the damn thing? All of it is dull inconsequential moments of this faggot's life interspersed with his shitty revisionist woe-is-me narrative about how sex ruined his garbage human existence.

I went to the pool today. I felt so happy swimming in the water. Sumaya told me how big of a faggot I am for playing video games. I saw Chad Thundercock being miri'd by some BLONDE SLUT. How unfair the world is, why is sex given to those who are unworthy. Can no one admit my brilliance?

This shit goes on and on, year by year, well past the point of being funny.

>This shit goes on and on, year by year, well past the point of being funny.
It's a throwback to the Old Testament... things get more intense towards the end, just like in the Bible.
There's still a lot we still don't know... he was way ahead of his time.

No, it's repetitive and uninspired

I don't think it needs editing. What the fuck would you edit? It's a pretty solid MS as is, the only thing you'd probably edit would be like Percy's retarded edits on Frankenstein.
>didn't kill people
user, we can't make that a bar to publishing, half the greatest writers of the 20th C are vets or murderers or criminals. It's like asking to bar faggots from publishing: there would be no books left.

of The Great Gentleman

all he had to do was to not kill himself

No as far as satire goes its even worse than Brett Easton Ellis and that is really saying something. And it would have just been American Psycho for incels anyway.

no offense, brett, but it's definitely better than rules of attraction.

>implying Brett would shit on his own book

>implying Brett is not a coy gay weasel of advertising glory
how's your twink bf, brett?

I think MTW is in the top 10 books of the 21st century thus far.

It's A Confederacy of Dunces as authored by Bret Easton Ellis.

Actually now that you mention it, JHWH does kind of mellow out after losing his v-card.

What's wrong with having a small penis? Doesn't bother me none.

>half the greatest writers of the 20th C are vets or murderers or criminals
[citation needed]

the best writers of the 20th c are decadent perverts

citation: the whole 20th Century, and most of the rest of history too

Satire can not exist in the modern age, what is called "satire" is always a stale imitation

RIP western culture

If he knew people he could definitely pull it off. If what'shername could get a book of her tweets published there's room in the industry for Elliot Roger. It would have been a hard sell but there's definitely an audience out there for this. Maybe he could have broken it up into chapters and shilled it between here, /pol/, /r9k/ and Reddit or something. Develop a cult following and then publish with a guaranteed minimum number of sales from all of the nerds who worship him like that faggot who wrote The Martian. This stuff's all about how you sell it. Nobody has really written a successful 21st century manifesto on beta-male outrage yet. Look at how popular Fight Club was, whoever does it will do very well for themselves.

RIP Elliot, you were too pure for this plane of existence.

Gene Wolfe served in Korea.

That's already taken by Notes from the Underground though. I think that's the more evocative beta manifesto.

Hapas secretly look at this guy as a hero don't they?

They got Keanu.

Only your kind does.

Wat

no one would believe it, normies would be like "u really expect me to believe this guy never got laid in his entire life? sorry not realistic at all!"

It probably wouldn't work. He was childishly underdeveloped and probably had a kind of mental disability like true sociopathy that is rolled into autism but isn't autism. He was a perpetual child. Not an adolescent but a child. Someone who did not understand basic rules of the universe in the same way a developing child does not.

I did read it. Did you read the part where he buys hundreds of lottery tickets and becomes enraged that he didn't win, as if he had been betrayed, then buys hundred more? Did you read how he talks about his parents, and he doesn't understand what they are doing when they aren't focusing all their attention on him? Did you read the repeated descriptions of himself as perfect, a treasure and a gift to the world? The part where he records his sister having sex?

my favorite thing about it is how in the entire shit he never once approaches a girl and talks to her

not like the tin drum became famous for those themes

You're leaving out the iced tea incident which is hilarious. He's truly a genius of sperging it up

Quick run down? Filmed his sister having sex? Iced tea what?

he was a sperg but who can't relate to the part where he dropped some class because there were too many hot chicks n chads in the class...of course if he wanted to get laid he should have stayed in the class and talked to them. i've never dropped a class due to that, but you know right away some class is going to suck because it's filled with a chad or two and a ton of hot chicks

No, he listened to his sister having sex through her door. He drove after some girls to throw iced tea at them. It's seriously some shit you can't read with a straight face. Pretty sure you can find it easily online.

I didn't really related to that, I read it the night it happened and thought it was going to be some dark shit, but it turned out to be an epic, though unwitting, comedy.

oh ya the iced tea thing was memorable because he never actually talked to them, he just pulled up next to them and like nodded or something and when they were like "da fuk?" he got flustered as fuck

i hate remembering any class that had hot chicks in it, even got damn unix operating systems is ruined because there was one girl and she was a super hot indian chick and she was into the white guy who worked full time and was always talking about how he has no life and shit, and when the prof would call on him to do a problem on the board the girl would just give him this google eyes, and i'm like omg even in a mother fucking unix operating systems class there is no escaping this shit

i realize i'm sperg as shit, it is what it is

>super hot indian chick

The only reason he is famous is because he killed people. That's also the only reason not to doubt his authenticity. A double edged sword that. However, it is quite clear that the true master is not Elliot Rodger, but Cho Seung Hui, who was actually an English major and whose plays have become major motion pictures:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9dMiLE-DLQ

dude cho was just a wacko, rodger actually captured the spirit of our times

There's no way you could have watched the whole screenplay in three minutes, please hold your judgement for at least thirteen minutes, for the love of all that is holy.

are you saying there's no way he could have watched it before? so much for Rodger being less popular, because a lot of people ITT read him before making the topic about him. seems your guy isn't read and you don't expect him to have been read.

Daily Reminder: hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/87341171254/dont-become-elliot-rodger

dude, i read richard mcbeef when vtech happened, and i wanted to like it, but it simply sucked. my twisted world is actually good. deal with it.

what the fuck this is amazing

how did you find this? who is this?

It's meant to be seen. Trust me. I didn't understand the Bacchae until I saw it live. Cho was a budding young genius whose art was snuffed out by Nikki Giovanni, his arch nemesis. How he is not the embodiment of Veeky Forums is beyond me. His raison d'être was to combat the destroyers of all that is good in literature, the reducers, deconstructivists, and we wuzers. All Rodger wanted was to punish females for his virginity, but instead of using his gun to rape, he used it on himself, thereby proving his head wasn't in the game to begin with.

i farded than pooped

yeah, that guy seems to actually have a clue

>I didn't understand the Bacchae until I saw it live
>Trust me
I trust you to be retarded. Is that good enough?

>All Rodger wanted was to punish females for his virginity, but instead of using his gun to rape, he used it on himself

didn't he get shot by the cops like a tru gee?

Not sure it's the same guy, but it seems to be in the same ballpark as these guys:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/01/can_narcissism_be_cured.html

samzdat.com/2017/03/14/identity-is-the-enemy-finale/

Sorry for the blog entry, but I hit a low point two weeks ago, found these blogs, and tore through them in two days. Read it instead of Veeky Forums.

it started off good but it turns normie and banal by the end

>do you think it would be a literary classic right now
you think it isn't?

my twisted world is one of my favorite texts of the 21st century

He, literally, elebaroted a just bee yourself bullshit everywhere...

starting is superb and really drags you in
does the first person better than 99% of today's "writers"
only reason why it didnt become a hit is because of the media manipulation

yeah, he went deeper than the mainstream media ever did, but in the end he was just a normie telling just bee yourselfs.

>if he had, God forbid, walked up to a girl and asked “Hey, I’m trying to get a girlfriend. Any advice?” then there’s a fair chance that seven people would be alive today.

who the fuck could have written such a retarded thing? a gay dude? a chick? a chad? i don't know man but can you possibly imagine such a scenario ending in anything but cringes all around?

I think there is a point where we have to admit that Rodgers was developmentally disabled and not strictly a social failure.

That would require admitting the same of ourselves, so no.

the guy (or girl -- I can't tell) said a couple of things that really validated me and I was actually crying just now (call me a faggot idc)

but yeah he's stuck trying to find a simple answer that puts the blame on one person. he's got that agenda because he thinks he's a doctor who has to prescribe something. the truth is some people's lives are a shitshow due to intersecting circumstances, genetics, upbringing, happenstance.
For example Elliot loved World of Warcraft. If he fell in love with football instead maybe things would've been different. a Million things could've gone differently.

>the way a persons life turns out is determined by a single factor

he should have just gotten into drugs, he would have gotten laid and maybe chilled the fuck out, it sounds bad to recommend that but its better than what actually happened

>For example Elliot loved World of Warcraft. If he fell in love with football instead maybe things would've been different.

well, most people aren't big enough to play football, high school sports are basically just an size contest to see who's taller/bigger. but he could have gotten into some alterantive shit like skateboarding or mma and normied up, it's pretty hard to be a chadwick and play wow, then again there are so many fags on wow who play with their gf or wife so even that's no excuse, idk dude

No, I don't think it does. Schizophrenia doesn't require us to admit we all have schizophrenia, despite what some post-structuralists insist.

That's what I'm saying. It's a million things, a million factors. There's literally no point in even trying to analyze it. I mean I liked how the tumblr guy started by ticking off all the reductionist accounts of why he did it and who he was, but then he just inserted his own equally retarded reductionist account. It leads him to say idiotic things like love and affection didn't matter to him. No, it's all about male competition. ALL about that, NOTHING else.

This is the kind of non-understanding bullshit he probably received on the daily from his therapists that drove him right over the edge.

If I was a therapist, all I'd do was be the person's friend for an hour. Doing that would help anyone more than any stupid advice.

>the way a persons life turns out is determined by a single factor

Maybe that's true. It's possible that none of us could end up like Eliot Rodgers. Rodgerism isn't something that can happen to any person, and we shouldn't act like it can. It can only happen to people that have a real disease.

I wonder what would have happened to Rodger if a girl had just straight up claimed him as her boyfriend. That happened to me in the sixth grade, some chick just went around telling everyone that I was her boyfriend. I always used to blame her for driving away the other girls, but now that I think about it I'm kind of thankful for what happened. She was the closest any girl has gotten to being my girlfriend, it wasn't a real relationship by any means, but telling other people made it real almost, and in retrospect that was the happiest year of my life.

>That's what I'm saying. It's a million things, a million factors. There's literally no point in even trying to analyze it.
Then what's the point of trying to analyze history at all? There's merit in the creation of a narrative to explain things, even if it may not be 100% correct.

and that's where literature comes in, literature gets into the cracks between theoretical frameworks and makes a mess of everything...

grand narratives died for a reason my dude

>he could have gotten into some alterantive shit like skateboarding
he did. it did not work really...

No there isn't, because it wastes peoples time, and fucks them up more, accomplishing the opposite of what you want to achieve. See . That's a bingo.

People do things to give themselves something to do. People say things to hear themselves talk.

Not defending the post at all, there are missing points indeed, but the Male-Competition was a pretty relatable argument.

The thing about WoW though is that he saw it as a safe space for virgins where he could live without normies, so it really couldn't be anything else.

"After two weeks of playing World of Warcraft nonstop, I once again came to the abrupt decision to
quit. The new expansion was a major disappointment. Blizzard Entertainment, the creators of the game,
made changes that I believe ruined everything that was fun about it. I won’t get into the details, as most
of the people reading this won’t understand complicated video game terms anyway.
But that was only a small part of the reason why I quit. The main reason was the disturbing new
player-base. The game got bigger with every new expansion that was released, and as it got bigger, it
brought in a vast amount of new players. I noticed that more and more “normal” people who had active
and pleasurable social lives were starting to play the game, as the new changes catered to such a crowd.
WoW no longer became a sanctuary where I could hide from the evils of the world, because the evils of
the world had now followed me there. I saw people bragging online about their sexual experiences with
girls… and they used the term “virgin” as an insult to people who were more immersed in the game than
them. The insult stung, because it was true. Us virgins did tend to get more immersed in such things,
because our real lives were lacking. I couldn’t stand to play WoW knowing that my enemies, the people I
hate and envy so much for having sexual lives, were now playing the same game as me"

Part of its appeal is that unrequited male sexual desire causes widespread disgust, censorship, and repulsion in this day and age. The genius is that a publishing company filled with paper pusher former ivy league English lit women wouldn't have considered it even if it was real

It doesn't "require a publisher", it requires you to stop thinking a publisher is necessary to consider a book good. You're all missing the point badly

No. It'd be seen as overwrought and inept to the point where no one would read or even publish it without being tied to his life and crimes.

He killed himself after one of their shots got him in the arm.

if he'd been looking to publish it, tao or milo would have published it depending on what year he was looking for a publisher. why hope it's only his crimes would get it out there? it's not like every book published even reaches rodger's standard.

Being "published" by Tao or Milo is equivalent to not being published at all.